Quantcast

The skinsuit thread

should skinsuits be banned from world cups?

• Total voters

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA
Do you mean in todays mtv society or in actual webster terms? I say gay b/c what i said had potential to sound homosexual... any ways. I don't see how it would be better for crashing my moto pants have more padding in them than baggy shorts or baggy camo type ****e. How is it 'retarded' to wear moto stuff for racing? if your talking about time wise some moto stuff is pretty tight to the skin, almost like a skin suit except not gay:monkeydance:

You sound pretty uncomfortable and aroused by the concept of skinsuits.... That sounds "gay" to me. Closed Minded homophobia is super fu#cking "punk", brah.

This goes out to all the insecure, homphobic, chest waxing, image worshipping overgrown adolescents involved with downhill racing...

IMAGE is totally superflous, performance matters. Training matters. Skill matters. Hard work is still the only thing that gets you on the podium, whether you are wearing a kilt, a spacesuit, or dressed like Lawrence of Arabia.

Downhill Mountain Bike Racing is just about the most superfluous, "whitest", least interesting vein on bike racing around, especially with the current crop of personallity-less moto-clones that are, in the parlance of our times, swinging from the nuts from demagogues whose tounges are so irrevocably stuck up their own asses that these same kids are completely clue-less and isolated from their own relevance in the tiny subculture they occupy....

In other words, dressing like Bubba Stewart is Retarded, because it is slower than dressing like a bike racer...
And that has nothing at all to do with sexual preference, or fashion.

bikerpunk98199

Turbo Monkey
Apr 24, 2005
the hood
You sound pretty uncomfortable and aroused by the concept of skinsuits.... That sounds "gay" to me. Closed Minded homophobia is super fu#cking "punk", brah.

This goes out to all the insecure, homphobic, chest waxing, image worshipping overgrown adolescents involved with downhill racing...

IMAGE is totally superflous, performance matters. Training matters. Skill matters. Hard work is still the only thing that gets you on the podium, whether you are wearing a kilt, a spacesuit, or dressed like Lawrence of Arabia.

Downhill Mountain Bike Racing is just about the most superfluous, "whitest", least interesting vein on bike racing around, especially with the current crop of personallity-less moto-clones that are, in the parlance of our times, swinging from the nuts from demagogues whose tounges are so irrevocably stuck up their own asses that these same kids are completely clue-less and isolated from their own relevance in the tiny subculture they occupy....

In other words, dressing like Bubba Stewart is Retarded, because it is slower than dressing like a bike racer...
And that has nothing at all to do with sexual preference, or fashion.

Uh ok, i never ment for this to become about sexuality or anything. I have no problems with skin suits, i wear a UW Skin suit when racing cross. I am aroused though about the topic of 'banning the skin suit' and people thoughts on it. I also am not a homophobe, people can do what ever they want may that being being attracted to men or women what ever unbuckles your belt bra.

Alright say what you will about moto clothing. I'm still going to wear my moto pants in practice and in race. I will also wear my skin suit for cross. Maybe just maybe you'll see me either wearing a sweet new moto kit that i picked out instead of riding on sunday morning or a hella sweet skin suit with some speed wholes on the butt. But first its Pump track time.

FlipFantasia

Turbo Monkey
Oct 4, 2001
Sea to Sky BC
how many of you skinsuit apologists will wear them at your next race? yeah, didn't think so........

I've worn 'em for ****s 'n giggles at our chainless a-line races, it's funny, but no one would ever do it seriously.....

Alloy

Monkey
Aug 13, 2004
thousand oaks, ca
A skin suit alone is not going to make anyone a winner. It is just a tool to help the overall rider. You could almost compare skin suit vs. no skinsuit to the advantage of sticky tires or hard compound tires. One is going to give you an advantage, why not take that advantage?

Of all the choices you have to make training and setting up your bike, you make the decision based on the advantage it will give you in a race. Now when it comes to skin suits the advantage no longer matters it is how do I look.:crazy:
Yeah but unlike sticky tires a skin suit is a little bit queer and makes you stick out like transexual. If you don't mind that.... cool! But that's the way it is in racing right now... Maybe things will change, but I doubt it

Also I bet those things require lube to squeeze into... another little inconvenience why most normal racers don't bother with a skin suit.

On the other hand banning them because they're bad fashion would be retarded.

Last edited:

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
how many of you skinsuit apologists will wear them at your next race? yeah, didn't think so........

I've worn 'em for ****s 'n giggles at our chainless a-line races, it's funny, but no one would ever do it seriously.....
You mean besides all the top riders at world champs? :imstupid:

bohorec

Monkey
Jun 26, 2007
....you can wear stuff that's not skin tight and not excessively baggy and still kick ass without looking like a roadie clown, eg. MinnGNARR........
nope, the condom wearing guys don't look like clowns, the baggy dressed guys do!

After all, it is skinsuit vs clownsuit thread :busted:

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA
I know quite a few kids who wear skinsuits to piss off the insecure homphobic, slower than molasses, ne'er do well, johnny-come-lately douchebags that are way too prevalent in downhill racing.

Hell, I personally have a loaner library of skinsuits (both my own, and those given to me be real bike racers that I lend out to people who ask for them)...

If you don't understand the fact that Skinsuits, and real bike racing clothes go back to the real roots of this sport (which have piss-all to do with mental midgets, belly tattoos and sugar-water sponsorship), it is of no consequence to those who do remember mountain bike racing before it became a county-fair level factionalized sideshow somewhere between the bearded lady and the guess-your-weight guy.

DH racing has infintely more in common with Road Racing and Downhill Skiing than it does with Motorcross. We race for 2-5 minutes. Not 20. We are fueled by 9.8 m/s/^2, not pre-mix. We produce about 2 horsepower, max, not 20. Aerodynamic drag is a a cubic function, not a function of color matching and catalog shots...

Insecurity, and pathetic, clueless, close-minded "fashion" dictated by washed up has-bens is about as far from logic, science, or coolness as is possible...

If your idea of cool is looking like everyone else, dressing like everyone else, and thinking what the media, and people the media portray as "cool" is accurate, more power too you. But don't pretend that you have your own thoughts, beliefs or experience to stand on....

freeridefool

Monkey
Jun 17, 2006
medford, or
IMAGE is totally superflous said:
Word! Props given.

I would never wear is skin suit. I crash way too much to get down with it still on. Then again I may look cool with all much junk hanging out and my lycra hanging all off my dirty and sweaty body.

Whoops

Turbo Monkey
Jul 9, 2006
New Zealand
I know quite a few kids who wear skinsuits to piss off the insecure homphobic, slower than molasses, ne'er do well, johnny-come-lately douchebags that are way too prevalent in downhill racing.

Hell, I personally have a loaner library of skinsuits (both my own, and those given to me be real bike racers that I lend out to people who ask for them)...

If you don't understand the fact that Skinsuits, and real bike racing clothes go back to the real roots of this sport (which have piss-all to do with mental midgets, belly tattoos and sugar-water sponsorship), it is of no consequence to those who do remember mountain bike racing before it became a county-fair level factionalized sideshow somewhere between the bearded lady and the guess-your-weight guy.

DH racing has infintely more in common with Road Racing and Downhill Skiing than it does with Motorcross. We race for 2-5 minutes. Not 20. We are fueled by 9.8 m/s/^2, not pre-mix. We produce about 2 horsepower, max, not 20. Aerodynamic drag is a a cubic function, not a function of color matching and catalog shots...

Insecurity, and pathetic, clueless, close-minded "fashion" dictated by washed up has-bens is about as far from logic, science, or coolness as is possible...

If your idea of cool is looking like everyone else, dressing like everyone else, and thinking what the media, and people the media portray as "cool" is accurate, more power too you. But don't pretend that you have your own thoughts, beliefs or experience to stand on....
Don't be shy now.... tell us what you really think.

:biggrin:

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
This is a hilarious discussion for anyone who rides road.

Frankly, I think road racers who don't shave their legs or wear baggies are afraid of something.

When I am done riding, I take off my lycra and throw something comfortable on.

pelo

Monkey
Jun 11, 2007
SKINSUIT THREAD! LOVE IT!

You can´t just change the gear in a sport that effects time and looks in a moment. It´s not the world cup in schizofrenia.
Skinsuits showing up by a frustrated team in WC send nothing but strange signals from kids to sponsors. Not to mention the lack of respect for competitors.
Why not just shovel up a rocket in the skinsuit mans as. "I´ll light it up on the flats in Fort Williams, it will give me seconds, DH is all about the fastest time. This will come soner or later anyway. I´m happy to be first".
All of you who promotes skinsuit and don´t care about the looks, saying it´s all about function,
If all had skinsuits there would still be the same kind of relative competition. So what´s the point with skunsuits? You actually like them!!???:eek::eek:

dhkid

Turbo Monkey
Mar 10, 2005
Malaysia

[snip]

Aerodynamic drag is a a cubic function, not a function of color matching and catalog shots...

[/snip]
drag is actually a squared function in relation with speed. frontal area has a linear relation with drag. a skin suit will also reduce the Cd too.

would it make a huge difference? depends on the air speeds involved, but i have nothing against anyone who wears a skin suit. doing a good tuck would probably be more beneficial.

for me, it shows that they are willing to sacrifice everything in the name of speed, it is racing after all isn't it?

i'll be wearing a skin suit at my next race for the reason you have stated, i dont care if it makes me faster. luckily malaysia doesn't have so many haters and everyone knows its for jokes.

expect pics. :D

pelo

Monkey
Jun 11, 2007
Speed? Try a different sport. It ain´t that fast seriously. I think it´s about getting a good turn and smashing through rock gardens and a rooty section in the woods with finess. TECHNIQUE.
If you want speed, try speedskiing. They´ve got skinsuits and an AD helmet too. ;)

rockwool

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Filastin
It wears the skinsuit or it gets the hose again!!:banana:
Creepy sceene..

On a different note skinny jeans are cool!
And what I guess you NA's call the European look. Just don't mix up lycra with that.. ;)

It's a bicycle race, the competitors need to dress like bicycle racers.

Before downhill gets accepted by the mainstream (which it never will, nor does it need to be, we've been there, and done that ( it was called the mid-90's...and everyone was wearing skinsuits, btw)), it needs to get accepted by the general bike racing public. Baggy motogear is just so phenomenonally stupid looking and unprofessional looking to the rest of the cycling community...
The conseption of what a bicycle race, as well as what a bicycle is, has changed quite a lot the last 20ish years. Talking about road racing, and the style that comes with it, like it is the orthodoxy of bicycling, means that were all a bunch of heretics in this forum. :plthumbsdown:

You're actually saying that we shouldn't have our own style/s so that the lycra crowd will accept us. That we should dress like them, be like them, think like them, shave our legs, WTF?!! What school did you go to, Minneapolis International Hitler Jugend Schule?

**** THAT cycling community, we have our own. We're diffrent minds and that should be encouraged, not erased to the mainstreamness of UCI lycra. Pleasing others so that they maybe will accept you into their ****, means looking upon your self as something lesser. :disgust:

Last edited:

rockwool

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Filastin
If it's legal and it helps you get an edge then who cares. I was talking with Herndon once and he said when he was at Ft. Bill last year he wished he had a skinsuit just so he could stand up without getting knocked over by the wind. He said lots of people were switching over to them because the 40+ mph cross winds would catch any loose piece of clothing like a sail.
While they dont look that great i can't understand why people would ban them. On fast open courses they would be a definite advantage.

there was something in dirt a while back about a team doing some testing and they were quicker.

As for turning people of the sport i really dontthink that would happen. Most people i know who do not have a knowledge of DH are actually surprised we wear baggy stuff. They assume it is cycling therefore we would wear the tight gear.
It's only to an advantage if you're the only guy wearing them. If nobody is, then everybody has the same disadvantage. :twitch:

People that aren't in the sport aren't the ones we should think about. All those massive hordes of dirtjumping kids and the freeriding community are the ones we should encourage to start racing DH and 4X.

i'd rather see a ban on bmx'ers and fixy-hipsters wearing girlz jeanz.

oddly, neither of those industries seem to be crippled by emo-stylez.

maybe DH'ers should start wearing girlz jeans for improved aerodynamics and increased coolness factor.
That's cus they have an identity of their own and take pride in that, not trying to please others so that they will be liked.

Whoops

Turbo Monkey
Jul 9, 2006
New Zealand
Creepy sceene..

**** THAT cycling community, we have our own. We're different minds and that should be encouraged, not erased to the mainstreamness of MX Gear. Pleasing others so that they maybe will accept you into their ****, means looking upon your self as something lesser. :disgust:
Fixed it for you to show the hypocrisy.

Cheers.

:cheers:

P.T.W

Monkey
May 6, 2007
christchurch nz
Wow, its amazing to see how many people here miss the point of this thread. "If its legal and makes u faster: do it!" That's NOT THE POINT. They obviously make you faster. Its the same question as whether or not to wear a visor on your full face. Obviously taking them off would make u faster, but you would look "literally retarded". The point is, if you make it illegal, then everyone looks cool, and nobody has a competitive advantage. Why would you want to make something as stupid as your clothing and element for competitive advantage? I mean, top racers are already tools of promotion, why make them look even more retarded by wearing skin suits. (p.s. people who aren't pros and wear TLD **** are literally retarded. Old tshirts and army surplus camo pants FTW) Rant over
:plthumbsdown:

yeah it is amazing how many people have missed the point of this thread:stupid:
This thread is to give all the fashion police,haters,fanboys,gheyboys,skinsuit wearing fa**ots a place to rant:rant: Rather than clogg up other threads with skinsuit drivvel

a new poll comming to a forum near you...... fanboys are they ghey or not?

rockwool

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Filastin
It is a good thing ski racers switched to wearing baggy clothing or that sport would be dead.....oh wait they all wear skinsuits. Your logic is way off. I just spent the last three days with a group of kids at a training camp. They had no problems wearing skin suits for training.
And at the Blue Oyster Bar they wear tight leather pants with holes cut out to show the battie boi cheeks. This gay gear is going to make you even faster than a skinsuit would, as it's heavier. If you look at the Ft Bill podium, only heavy built guys and girls were on the top. Wear lether!

This gear must be really fast (think Mad Max if you don't want to watch):
http://homosexuals.orconhosting.net.nz/

No one is going to get rich riding DH. This is not a debate about getting or losing sponsors(I would love to see actual proof from these people that say skinsuits scare away all the sponsors). You race to win and that is all that matters. If you are a true racer the advantage of wearing a skinsuit is a no brainer and something you would do. Why we do not have more riders wearing skin suits is mind boggling.
I would love to see actual proof from the skinsuit lovers that they will bring sponsors back. If the sport gets a lot more participants on a grass roots level, the moner might come with it. But skinsuits aren't apealing to the dirtjumpers and freeriders, so it won't grow as much as it has the potential to do.

The debate is about personalities, the willingness to sell them out, and the lack of them.

Because it's gay?

The Ft. William mens podium had no skin suits, the womens top two spots did. I would like to see someone logically deny that if Sam wore a skin suit he would have placed higher than fifth.

How many times do you finish 1 second out of first place before you would switch?
But Sam didn't out of a good reason, just like the other top guys did. Sam placed accordingly to his form that day, just like the other top riders did. The fact that Rennie and Minnaar didn't find it in them to wear that degrading **** after such long streaks of depressing results, should make bells ring in your ears of how important this is to them. :lighten:

After all, what a dillhole aren't you if you impose your will upon another person. If an organization does it it's even worse.

Women, that's another story. It's in their nature.

rockwool

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Filastin
Wow, its amazing to see how many people here miss the point of this thread. "If its legal and makes u faster: do it!" That's NOT THE POINT. They obviously make you faster. Its the same question as whether or not to wear a visor on your full face. Obviously taking them off would make u faster, but you would look "literally retarded". The point is, if you make it illegal, then everyone looks cool, and nobody has a competitive advantage. Why would you want to make something as stupid as your clothing and element for competitive advantage? I mean, top racers are already tools of promotion, why make them look even more retarded by wearing skin suits. (p.s. people who aren't pros and wear TLD **** are literally retarded. Old tshirts and army surplus camo pants FTW) Rant over
Some good points there. :thumb:

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA
Local Kids wearing skinsuits, because they like them

And for good measure, here is what I looked like last may after letting Steve Jones from Dirt Mag dress me for a photoshoot. I'm no homophobe, but letting another man tell you how to dress, that's pretty "gay".

And here's me, in a skinsuit, racing Slalom, on a Sunday Worldcup...

I often convince teen age boys to shave their legs, raise their saddles, and put on tighter, better fitting clothes, and guess what, that doesn't make me a pederast, jackass#s, it makes me a cycling coach...

rockwool

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Filastin
^
strange, i thought this is why they ban skinsuits and started to dress like clowns.
Clown suit or not is a personal preference, wearing a body sock is female or gay. The "ban" you're speaking of, I can bet you my bike, was for them selves. It was a sacrifice some of them did, even though it was to their competitive disadvantage as Barel (and probably others) were still using them.

Do you dress the way you do, on and off the bike, to please others or because you have a will of your own? Given answer....in your case, as well as theirs. :bonk:

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802
Lots of sport have limits of what you can do to give yourself a speed advantage, and many sports have regulations concerning what is or is not acceptable dress.

roadies cannot wear sleeveless jerseys, even if it is 100 degrees and humid. heck, they even have rules about socks.

road bikes have a minimum weight limit and have to 'look' like traditional double diamond bicycles.

any new technology that might aid in generating more speed (becasue that's the point of raod racing too, right?) has to be approved by UCI.

All major sports have rules concerning uniforms and their design. hocky in particular cracked down on goalies a few years ago for wearing jerseys that were too baggy.

motorsports have limits on engines, power, chasis design. . . etc. even though in theory this limits speed in a sport where speed is the ultimate goal.

Bobsleds ahve weight requirements and it is illegal to heat the blades even though it is faster.

this list could go one for several pages, but my point is simple. all sports at some level place a limit on access to certain advantages and regulate their own appearance. i'm not taking sides on the skinsuit issue, rather pointing out that if they were in fact 'banned' or riders agreed not to wear them it would be in lockstep with other sports the world over. Also, it is worth mentioning that in many cases change to attire are often self-regulated or at least originate with the competitors themselves. Basketball plyers traded short, tight shorts for long baggy ones, baseball players started wearing longer pants, wc racers stopped wearing tights. . . . you get the idea.

at this time dh racers need as much support as they can get. a large chunk of sponsorship money (what little there is) come froms companies like TLD, Fox, Royal, 661, etc. they don't sell skinsuits and I doubt they pay their racers to wear and promote producs that the sponsors don't sell and your average dh rider would not buy. look at all the TLD and Royal gear being worn by all the weekend warriors at your local hill and ask yourself why that is.

and Mickey, 'suspectdevice' to the rest of you, as a friend I have to ask why you bother with DH racing (and mountainbiking in general) if you have such a general disgust for so many of its participants. and why on earth are you trying to bring back Spooky if you have such a problem with downhillers and mountainbikers. Maybe you'd be be better off concentrating on the road scene, as that seems to be where your interest and sense of perspective is focused on these days. when you are the one guy in a community who thinks everyone else has got it all wrong then it might be a clue that you are in fact the one who is out of touch. your arguements are weak and shortsigted, your logic often paradoxical, and you come accross to the people you don't know you as someone with a inflated sense of your own importance who has spent far too much time swinging from your own nuts (your term, not mine).

Last edited:

rockwool

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Filastin
Fixed it for you to show the hypocrisy.

Cheers.

:cheers:
Learning from history in all things we do is ever so important; MX gear was what broke the mainstreamness of skinsuits that ruled since the birth of this sport. :clue: The fact that it's the most common thing today, together with everyday clothes (I've raced in my construction worker cloths and just about anything) is because of personal preference. It's a choise that sprung out of the original and sole alternative, the skinsuit.

And yep, I'll drink with you if you keep your hands to your self. :busted: ;)

Sidenote: Please fatten the letters of the "fixes" you do so that everybody can see the difference without checking the quoted post.

Jun 10, 2008
Minnesota
I think if people want to wear them at other events they should but at the world cup events they should not be allowed. World cup is our sports largest and highest visibility events and we should do our best to look awesome and not nerdy at those events

rockwool

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Filastin
:plthumbsdown:

yeah it is amazing how many people have missed the point of this thread:stupid:
This thread is to give all the fashion police,haters,fanboys,gheyboys,skinsuit wearing fa**ots a place to rant:rant: Rather than clogg up other threads with skinsuit drivvel

a new poll comming to a forum near you...... fanboys are they ghey or not?
"And for this evenings bashment, it's the Fanboys against the Sinsuit Fagoooots... It's going to be an intense 90min, what do you think Bob?"

ridiculous

Turbo Monkey
Jan 18, 2005
MD / NoVA
drag is actually a squared function in relation with speed. frontal area has a linear relation with drag. a skin suit will also reduce the Cd too.

would it make a huge difference? depends on the air speeds involved, but i have nothing against anyone who wears a skin suit. doing a good tuck would probably be more beneficial.

for me, it shows that they are willing to sacrifice everything in the name of speed, it is racing after all isn't it?

i'll be wearing a skin suit at my next race for the reason you have stated, i dont care if it makes me faster. luckily malaysia doesn't have so many haters and everyone knows its for jokes.

expect pics. :D
HAHA i was waiting for someone to chime in and say that. What really matters in this case is the wetted area. So youre right just tucking will probably do more.
A man standing has a Cd in the range of 1.0-1.4
A tucked biker is probably around .9-1.0

This same issue came up with professional swimming a few years back because of the new water shedding suits. Records were being broken left and right by teams that could afford them. To make it fair they were banned except for at world level events. This was thought to be fair because the teams were funded by the country and therefore a "level" playing field.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I thought this thread was going to be about Binary Visions wearing the flesh of his murdered sugar momma.

Heath Sherratt

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2004
In a healthy tension
Personally, Fashion -wise, it's pretty obvious that skinsuits are not the way . Function wise, it depends on the course, just like tire preference and other choices. I think it's clear at the World Champs no one is taking chances and all wear the skin suit. During the regular season it seems that folks choose to throw more caution to the wind-pun intended. If I was racing at that level there would be no choice. I would be there to win, plain and simple. If a skin suit gave me a clear advantage I would be doing myself and my sponsors a disservice by refusing to wear one.

On another note, all fashion goes in cycles. Nico's generation wore lycra. This one doesn't. Check back in a year or two...think skateboarding...super baggie, now it's tighter than tight...it's fashion, it's got to change by it's nature.

rockwool

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Filastin
Personally, Fashion -wise, it's pretty obvious that skinsuits are not the way . Function wise, it depends on the course, just like tire preference and other choices. I think it's clear at the World Champs no one is taking chances and all wear the skin suit. During the regular season it seems that folks choose to throw more caution to the wind-pun intended. If I was racing at that level there would be no choice. I would be there to win, plain and simple. If a skin suit gave me a clear advantage I would be doing myself and my sponsors a disservice by refusing to wear one.

On another note, all fashion goes in cycles. Nico's generation wore lycra. This one doesn't. Check back in a year or two...think skateboarding...super baggie, now it's tighter than tight...it's fashion, it's got to change by it's nature.
What if your sponsor was Fox? ;)

True, everything goes in cycles.

ska todd

Turbo Monkey
Oct 10, 2001
I see the skinsuit issue along the same line as tires. Your team might be "sponsored" by Kenda but you run Maxxis when you want/need to win. Cyclists (heck, all professional athletes) will always run equipment with the greatest performance advantage when it matters the most. Folks though aerobars were retarded at first too until Lemond ran them and won a Tour with them.

Had Ben Cathro won at Fort William, how would we all be looking at this topic? He would have won by fair, legal, and smart means. Would this have changed the tone of the discussion?

For a one-off event when all of the chips are on the line, riders throw aside their fashion tastes and dress in the tighties. Why? b/c they want to win. Sure their federation requires them to in many cases but, also b/c they know it shaves time and when it is make-or-break in a one-time only gig you'll bet you'll bet your sweet bottom every single man, woman, and child on that hill would wear a skinsuit if it made the difference in forever having the right to wear those rainbow stripes on their sleeve or around their collar! (and all of us here who are racers ourselves or fans of the sport would do the same if we could win the World Championships ourselves!!)

On a related sidebar, popular rumor has it that the UCI/IOC prohibited skinsuits from BMX in the Olympics for "image reasons". Apparently, the folks at the major networks wanted the sport to look more motocross and not look like road cycling with jumps and little wheels.

Edit: Wow, what is super interesting is to look at the poll result details...some of the folks I thought would have voted "no" went for "yes" and vice versa. Interesting! This debate is a good one and isn't simply along new-school/old-school lines!

-ska todd

Last edited:

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802
Suspect, maybe you can clear something else up for me as well. because on the one hand you say DH racing will never be accepted until it clothing falls in step with other forms of cycling while at the same time making a mockery of it by trying to register a UCI trade team with this jersey and the following explanation:

"This is one of the 6 or so team kits we'll use this year, but that's the official one we've registered with the UCI. I just figured nothing would be more confusing on the startline of a worldcup race than that..."

Hmmmmm, and I wonder why you guys weren't approved:crazy:

Last edited:

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
this just in. World Cup skiing events to ban skinsuits and adopt the baggy "hanging off of the ass" clothing style worn by snowboarders in an effort to boost ratings and coolness factor...

this

is going to be replaced by

:rofl: