Quantcast

The Snowshoe Repor

Bearmntpicnic

Monkey
Oct 23, 2005
charlottesville
SO..... This weekend at snowshoe was interesting, it friday it was almost as good as snowshoe gets in the month of june. It was tacky and fast, it rained all friday night and into saturday. I ran over some hikers and roadies to let of steam.:love: :love: Saturday was awful I every one got in 5 runs at most and then the mountain got on RED ALERT WEOOOW WEEOOOW and the lifts were shut off and the trails were closed. :nopity: :nopity:
I registerd for the race on saturday night and commited with the 45 dollars. Saturday night was fun but it ended in a rain storm the dropped 3 inches on the mountain. I then let off some more steam. Race day was rediculous, the practice runs were great the course had a great water trail and it was surprisingly grippy. It then proceeded to rain extremley hard at which point I began to shiver and shake and loose felling in my hands. My race run was funny at best the course slicked up in the rain and was pretty crazy 0 visabillity, you couldent wear goggles unless you had pull tabs. The mountain then again went on RED ALERT and the race was canceld. The resulty were thrown out and you could either have your race fee transfered to the next race or be refunded and loose the ten points for showing up. We also all recieved a free lift pass for a day of riding.
The course was crazy sweet but the weather was horrible.:help: :) :nopity: :dead: :rofl: :nopity: :nopity:

metalMTB

Monkey
Sep 14, 2005
Richmond, VA
i think it decided to rain 4 more inches DURING my race run. I couldn't wear goggles and i couldn't see cuz of the mud in my eyes. And my hands were purple and i was near hypothermia at the bottom. I think the course might have been faster on kayaks.

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
Yeah, while you all were racing, and we were HOPING we would get in our runs, we were joking about kayaking down :think:

Glad you got your run in, see ya out next time!