Quantcast

The South's National Trail Day Thread - Saturday June 2nd

waterdogs

Monkey
Jul 30, 2010
Upstate SC
June 2nd is National Trail Day across the US, so thought it appropriate to list all those local events/trail days that are happening across the south, SC, NC, TN, GA, FL, etc. Got plans with your local chapter of whatever?..... post links or info here.

For some of us local to Greenville, it's Paris Mountain. Come join REI Greenville, Upstate Sorba, Team BGB-MK and local bikers/hikers at Paris Mountain. Registration and info can be found here:

http://www.rei.com/event/40134/session/50798

Get involved and GET DIRTY!

waterdogs

Monkey
Jul 30, 2010
Upstate SC
Just a reminder for those in Greenville whom are interesting heading out to Paris Mountain on Sat June 2.....

I am told each registered volunteer (at the link above) will receive a free wicking style shirt and it will be catered by Whole Foods..... what more could you ask for, free swag and free (good) food.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Saturday may be the only day I'll be eating 12 Bones Blueberry Chipotle ribs and actually wishing I was somewhere else. Wife's sister is having her 3rd wedding and for some reason I have to drink...I mean attend. :(

william

Chimp
May 17, 2012
I think and wish you guys would do the trail work days at that place you guys like to ride and film so much up in the NC Mtns.

waterdogs

Monkey
Jul 30, 2010
Upstate SC
I think and wish you guys would do the trail work days at that place you guys like to ride and film so much up in the NC Mtns.
We talked about that and would love to do so if the NFS would allow us to, but they won't. Not without a coordinated event from a recognized organization such as SORBA behind the work day.

There is an ongoing strategy group with the NFS, PAS, hikers, horseriders, etc. that still is in process. Once that strategy plan is defined, each district is supposed to organize volunteer groups to do work on the trails. I have not been told when that plan will be completed (soon I hope). Once it's in place we WILL work with that specific NFS district on any volunteer days they have. Please note that this is what I heard and you are hearing it through the grape vine once (from someone in the know from PAS), thus my intrepretation may not be 100% accurate.

Last edited: