Quantcast

The spectacle at High Point University today...

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
i was out tooling around today and decided to hit a fun stair gap at High Point University. it was apparently orientation 'cause there were a ton of kids wandering around looking lost. anyway, the run-up to this particular stair gap cuts through a courtyard where everyone was; so i commissioned some guy tell me when it was clear......

went waaaaaaay too fast and landed flat, my left hand came off the bar and i rodeo'd it to the grass...thank god. i left some nice skid marks in the grass from my pads/helmet :D

luckily, the only thing hurt was my poor front wheel that now has a helluva flat spot ;)

this is an old pic of the stairgap, i went A LOT faster today than i did in this pic.

i got some weird looks after i got up and rode off. most people don't expect to see me get up after i fall going that fast :cool:

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
the opportunity to show off our talents in front of non-riders is all too rare. screwing up when you have the chance, is beyond hilarious.

better luck next time.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
yeah, at least they got a good show and i, of course, did the perverbial field goal, "it's good!" gesture when i jumped to my feet. i was probably mass labeled as a mt. dew freak. ;)

ryan/kona29

Monkey
Dec 2, 2005
bonney lake washington
dude you have got to see the stair gap at my high school here in WA. it has two sets of probebly25-35 stairs with a 5 foot flat and two story drop its FUN. i will try to get pics if it ever stops raining here in sh!t WA. i hate falling i front of crowds(i did on my stair gap trying a three pointer). looks good though on the one you did land!

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
bizutch said:
that poor concrete...it probably crumbled under your BEEF!

more like my poor fork, i bet it flexed like a noodle. :eek:

i'm no physics major but what is 225lbs (me)+ 40lbs(bike) X the pull of gravity over 15' distance and 8-10' height? i bet the force excerted on impact is massive.