Quantcast

The State of Snowshoe address...Possible to get one?

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
With the rumor mill churning up a storm, I figured I'd start this post to help dispel rumors and convey information, if any can be had. I had ball riding this last year. I think the main managment of Snowshoe threw Trevyn, Brad and the rest of the crew under the bus as it were with the lack of information, or letting them take the brunt of the frustrations of many.

The trail work that was done was appreciated, and the last race course was an absolute friggin blast; (Even massively hung over :D )

The trails are a blast to ride. I have to envision ALL winter long the trials and get bits and pieces of video to watch on those long winter nights.

I'm sure I speak for most when it comes to the information helping make the decision to purchase another season pass. While my intent is to get info, I don't want anyone, including myself, getting into any pissing matches. I would just like some information.

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
All I said was I heard a bunch of different things, so I figured I'd like to clear some of it up. Quite frankly, I don't know squat.

XANDER

Monkey
Aug 21, 2007
Spendin' Chips at Manny's
Here's the rumors I'm looking for clarification on:

Foxfire is buying an inflatable Paris Hilton doll for all those horny bastards thinking they can come to snowshoe to get laid.

All screen doors have been banned.

The RedBull drinkin' bear will be bartending happy hour at the Junction cause he has a better personality than that DICKHEAD that took over for Jamie.

Due to popular demand..Curtis will be driving shuttles next year.

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA
1- Foxfire is buying an inflatable Paris Hilton doll for all those horny bastards thinking they can come to snowshoe to get laid.

I call shotgun on that one MOFO's

2- All screen doors have been banned.

LMAO

3- The RedBull drinkin' bear will be bartending happy hour at the Junction cause he has a better personality than that DICKHEAD that took over for Jamie.

That bear owes me a redbull

4- Due to popular demand..Curtis will be driving shuttles next year.

F*ck no not even with body armor do I want to ever ride with him again

mobius

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Around DC
I heard snowshoe isn't going to open for bikes next year...something about loud obnoxious fat men in the woods... Ralph? :imstupid:

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
I know it's not your's...you ride a mountain cycle don't ya'?
I ride, unlike ONE of the posters in this thread of whose name shall not be mentioned...***cough***cough***cough***Mobius***cough***cough***cough***

:D

;)

Yes, a mountain cycle....yup! You ride too! I've seen it! :thumb:

Hulkamaniac

Monkey
Oct 10, 2001
Germantown, MD
Dang, some of you are already counting Trevyn out and the winter hasn't even gotten undway (colorado or snowshoe!). I agree, it'd be a serious blow to lose him, but he's got to do what's in his best interest professionally and personally....be that return to Snowshoe or otherwise! I hope he returns, but in all honesty I would almost like to see him racing nationally and putting his name in the hat with other national contenders instead....he's got the natural talent, imagine what training and competing on a regular basis would do for him.

Lastly, I don't doubt for a second that "if" Trevyn were to not come back that Brad would take up the reigns and continue on unfazed. Some of the best courses in the last couple of years have been his brainchild.

G-spot

Monkey
May 3, 2004
Chester,Va.
I hope that everything works out for all parties involved, but I would like to see The shoe ,pay more attention to all the trails (XC, FR) not just the race courses.Clean up some of the older ones so that the newer rides can see what us old school(people that have been going there for over 5years) use to ride on ( on hardtails), and make it more all styles of riding friendly, not just DH.

mobius

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Around DC
Is this your bike?

Me with a pro plate? Thats funny. Besides like corey said my bike hasn't seen light this year...which is true because my slalom bike really hasn't seen light this year. I swear i'm going to go ride 495 slalom this week.

mobius

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Around DC
Dang, some of you are already counting Trevyn out and the winter hasn't even gotten undway (colorado or snowshoe!). I agree, it'd be a serious blow to lose him, but he's got to do what's in his best interest professionally and personally....be that return to Snowshoe or otherwise! I hope he returns, but in all honesty I would almost like to see him racing nationally and putting his name in the hat with other national contenders instead....he's got the natural talent, imagine what training and competing on a regular basis would do for him.

Lastly, I don't doubt for a second that "if" Trevyn were to not come back that Brad would take up the reigns and continue on unfazed. Some of the best courses in the last couple of years have been his brainchild.

I would love for Trevyn to return next season but he definitely could be a national contender with some proper training and riding on a regular basis. I think snowshoe would do great if B-rad were in charge. He is a great trail builder and knows what he is doing.