Quantcast

The Streets of Seattle (2/16)

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
I'm planning on hooking up w/ Pip after work tomorrow. He's off at 5 and I'm off at 6:30. We're going to stick around the general downtown area. As is the norm, we don't have a set meeting area. I usually call him when I get out of work and we go from there.
If you have a hard time finding us, we can be reached on our cells (leave a message since we may be riding when you call). Pip @ 867-5309 and I'm @ GOT-BIKE...both 206 area code. My phone gets ass-reception where I work, so if I don't answer during the day then you know why.

Andy

p.s. - stay tuned for a pic of my new frame!:drool:

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
largextracheese said:
Did you break the old one (frame)?
Somehow...no. Although I did manage to break a weld on my stays a little while back. The one thing I won't miss about the ol' rig is the worn bushing on my rear shock. I've looked for a replacement for about a year to no avail.
The old frame is probably going to be reincarnated as a straight trailbike. I think the new one's going to be more (weightwise) than I'd want to ride up the fine fireroads that Wash. has to offer.

Five

Turbo Monkey
Mar 8, 2003
West Seattle, WA
DBR X6 RIDER said:
Uh, Skooks...we've got caller-id AND I have your number in my phone book. I'd suggest using a payphone.;)

Here's a look-see at what I'll be riding in a month or so.:evil:

Very nice frame - what ya putting on it?

Wish I could come out and ride - have friends visiting from out of town and have to go drink beer.

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
Five said:
Very nice frame - what ya putting on it?

Wish I could come out and ride - have friends visiting from out of town and have to go drink beer.
Thanks! I'm swapping across alot of the stuff from the X-6. I do want to hook up a SRAM drivetrain, though. Gotta' see what it's all about.
Next time, perhaps. At least you have a LEGITIMATE excuse for not joining us out there!

I sense a UW ripper coming on before too long.