Quantcast

The Suby has moved on......(Craigslist content)

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
I discovered, after moving to Tucson, that they have a much more restrictive emissions test than did NC. It wasn't worth it to me to dump a bunch of money into it to make it pass inspection so I decided to let her go. I had 30 calls and text within 8 hours of posting her on Craigslist...and I think it was due to my incredible marketing skills ;)

http://tucson.craigslist.org/cto/2895797900.html

The time has come for me to sell my beloved beater, "Suby". This is a reliable car but she's been ridden hard and put up wet on numerous occasions. This has been my commuter and "riding car" with the sole purpose of getting me, my son, and my dog to the trails to ride bikes. The all-wheel drive has come in handy often and she's very peppy in the city. Average MPG is 25. This car will need some new emissions equipment if you live in the Tucson emissions district, otherwise, she's ready to go!

She's not much to look at but anyone with enough character to drive her wouldn't care about looks anyway.

IF YOU NEED A CHEAP CAR TO GET YOU TO WORK, A FIRST CAR FOR A TEEN, OR A BEATER TO HAUL YOUR BIKES AROUND..THIS IS THE CAR FOR YOU! THIS CAR IS GUARANTEED TO MAKE YOU MORE ATTRACTIVE TO THE OPPOSITE SEX!!!

The details:
1994 Subaru Legacy wagon with 213k miles on the body, 85k on the rebuilt motor
Two good tires, two that will need replacing soon
SPORTRIDER ROOF RACKS ($400 upright racks) with room for 3 bikes
A/C works sometimes but will need to be serviced
windshield is cracked but below sight line
Runs awesome but will need shocks/struts soon
Flux Capacitor is no longer fluxing but can be restarted with the proper voltage of 1.21 gigawatz

I will leave the Chuck Norris sticker on it to deter any thieves..it's worked for me! ;) I will take some current pics tomorrow after I get her all cleaned up for sale (just got a newer car today).

email, text or call: ************ MAKE ME AN OFFER! Title in hand!
So long good buddy!

http://s14.photobucket.com/albums/a307/sempertubby2/?action=view&current=drift.flv

Last edited:

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle
Considering those engines with anything less than 100k go for $2k easily, that care should be easy to sell.
There is a decent demand for suby engines for VW and sand rail conversions.

sstalder5

Turbo Monkey
Aug 20, 2008
Beech Mtn Definitely NOT Boulder
Love my subie. I'm keeping it forever. I can't wait to drive it when I get back to the states. I'm having my parents drive it to the airport to pick me up.

Moving out after my freshman year of college. The suspension took a beating that day driving mountain roads with all that weight.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
A kid I went to college with came drifting with us in a Costco parking lot in his WRX. It got brought back to campus on a flatbed. I LOLed.