Quantcast

The sucky picture thread

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
After two years of drought, May was the third wettest month on record(13.99") followed by June which happened to be the fifth wettest June(8.76").

A rare occurence: the floodgates on the dam are open and the Bosque River is raging.

One of the many dairy farms in the area. This happens to be on a nice stretch of dirt road.

The only HikeAbike trail in town goes along the top of the dam. In the summer, it can be really sucky when the millions upon millions of bugs descend upon it.

loco-gringo

Crusading Clamp Monkey
Sep 27, 2006
Deep in the heart of TEXAS
Since they are dumping millions of gallons from Possum Kingdom, Waco's issues may just be beginning. I think both of our lakes are up 20 - 30 feet right now. It's stupid wet and going to rain some more, it appears.

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
i just saw some totals from last week...Marble Falls got more than 15" between Tuesday and Wednesday...possibly up to 19". that is unreal.

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
Loco's church?

I have no idea what(if) they sell. They don't have any live animals visible, but they have all these statues along the side of the road.

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
Since they are dumping millions of gallons from Possum Kingdom, Waco's issues may just be beginning. I think both of our lakes are up 20 - 30 feet right now. It's stupid wet and going to rain some more, it appears.
It is strange seeing the lake totally calm and not a single boat.

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
Left the house a little after 7am. The only rain on the radar was a small spot right where I was heading.:disgust1:

All epics should include a little blood and the earlier in the ride the better.

Yep. It only took me 45 minutes to find where the rain had been. The fall didn't hurt that much, but I was a little pissed that I just put a hole in my $70 shorts(5th ride).:rant: Soon after I found where the rain was -- near whiteout and stinging. Luckily it only lasted 15 or so minutes.

A causulty from my July 4th ride was found dead on the side of the road.

Earthquakes in Texas...

There were a bunch of detectors along the road with what must be one of the world's longest extension cord -- it stretched for miles.

All terrain generators or a scene from Damnation Alley:

This is the start of the dirt road section. I was a little worried that with all the rain lately that the low water crossings might be unrideable. The first one wasn't too bad and I easlily rode thru it. The second I wasn't too sure about it looked a little deep and was moving nicely. It would have sucked to have to have turned around at this point as it was a little over half way thru the ride and there is nowhere to refill at if I turned around. I decided to dismount and ford the river...

It wasn't too bad and just shy of hub deep in the middle.

Then it was all uphill and into the wind from this point back to the house.

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
Welp, after three months of the crossbike hanging in the garage, I finally changed the brake cables and wrapped the bars yesterday. My buddy is out of town and asked me to check on his dog. Since his house is on one of my road routes, I decided to ride and out there. Got in a little over 40 miles.

Phone died so no pics.