Quantcast

The T1 Maglio and Ruben

t1maglio

Monkey
Oct 29, 2001
southern wisconsin
Not much is happening up here in Wisconsin, besides massive flooding (translated as constant trail work and a few washed away houses). My buddy trashed his rear wheel so I sold him mine and built up a new one for myself.

Simple 3x setup with a 3/8 Profile mini (9t), Odyssey 7k-A chrome rim, and some double butted spokes. Its pretty sweet and I dig it.

While I was at it I figured I would put up some better quality pics of my custom T1. With the wheel swap I finally have joined the new scene of a 25-9 drivetrain, but will probably go up to a 27t to match how my Tonic feels. A slightly larger set of bars to match the height and width of the Tonic are also in the future (its crazy how close the two bikes are, maybe .5" difference in bar height).

Parts are:
T1 custom barcode (grindplates, gyro tabs, "Ruben" headtube, brakes on the seat stays, smaller dropouts)
Odyssey race forks, cilienski sealed pedals, brake, cable, and lever
Primo cranks
KHE tires (dirt ft, street rr)
Crupi ft hub with db spokes and Odyssey rim
King HS
FBM bottleneck stem
Thomson post
Tree 25t sprocket

Since I got the Tonic I really haven't ridden the bike much, but it might get a little more play time now that its back together.

Oh, and here is a pic of Ruben (and yes, he does wallrides [back of the couch, doors, etc), jumps at the trails, and loves street (but he's a little hot, and tired at the moment).

t1maglio

Monkey
Oct 29, 2001
southern wisconsin
Thanks Mr. Licker.

The weight is right around 25 (would be a lot less but my old pedals are seized to the crank inserts so I couldn't put my new magnesium trail mixes, and those are ridonkulously light). New cranks and pedals are in the future, a solid 24-25 would be my goal, things get to light and they just aren't as stable in the air, IMO.

Here are the grind guards. T1 first had them on the original Garret (which I had a sweet brown one, integrated seatpost, some of you might remember it). I like pedal grinds and regular chainstays don't. The setup has worked well.

don

Turbo Monkey
Nov 8, 2001
Rumson, NJ
The Taj Seattube/seatstay junction on T-1's is one of my favorite designs. It sorta only works on 20" bikes tho as far as looking good. Great build from one of my fav BMX companies. Love the Crupi front hub too - light and classic and something you don't see everyday on stuff other than 1 3/8" wheels.