Quantcast

The Taco Truck Thread

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
This is the Taco Truck thread. Please come here and share the deliciousness which is the taco truck.

Taqueria Los Primos Dos.

This is the place where we eat the most. From here on out it will be referred to as Lost Sock. The fixins are what make it heavenly

Today I ate the Nachos, and they were delicious. The habanero sauce was essentially puree'd habanero and made my head burn.

Last edited:

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Right on dude! Lets see a plate of food they give out.

Today we went to a place we call Wapataco. It's in a little town outside of Yakima on the Rez. Its a trailer with a shanty for sitting. The people running it enjoy us gringo's when we come around and try to speak spanish. Homemade tortillas, grilled onion and jalapeno, plus sliced radishes and a slice of lime. Awesome food.

This is a pile of 6 tacos - 3 asada, 2 lengua, 1 barbacoa

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
El Camion Ballard

Nothing says brilliant burritos like a trailer behind a pet food store. I would drink about 20OZs of salsa verde while waiting for my food. So good.

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
You want Taco Trucks, they are a dine a dozen around here... There is an alley way not far from my work that has at least 5 of them on any given day. My favorites are Birria de Chivo tacos (shredded stewed goat meat)

Sandro

Terrified of Cucumbers
Nov 12, 2006
The old world
:drool:How I envy you 'mericans, fast food options over here are severely limited and most of them are horrible anyway. Germany needs to introduce green cards for Mexicans with culinary skills, I'm sure the minutemen would love it.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Was down in Sunnyside today and stopped in at Taco King. Homemade tortillas and salsa that made my head tingle.

2 asada
2 barbacoa
2 adobada
1 chicharron

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
The closest Taco truck to me is in Pittsburgh. 200 miles from here. Its a good one. But sadly not worth the trip....

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Taqueria Jaliciense

$1.00 tacos and indoor seating. A few years ago the owner was shot in the face while working. He survived and the bus continues on.

3 asada
3 adobada
3 cabeza

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Not exactly a truck but it's a kick ass hole in the wall lunch spot, Tamales Express and More. I had the Thursday especial - Chile Rojo w/ pork. Plus i ordered two tongue tacos on the side. Homemade tortillas, grilled jalapeños, and lemonade.
20150723_130057.jpg

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
It wasn't a highlight in my life. But a friend lived in the area so it was fun to go out, get drunk then eat garbage plates. Most days on the road are really fucking boring.
Rochester isn't doing so well right now. Buffalo makes fun of us....

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Rochester isn't doing so well right now. Buffalo makes fun of us....
I left new york damn near twenty years ago. I find the whole state pretty depressing when I visit. Might be going back for labor day to meet up with a lady friend from Boston for hiking/biking around New Paltz, but I think she is getting cold feet about the whole thing.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I left new york damn near twenty years ago. I find the whole state pretty depressing when I visit. Might be going back for labor day to meet up with a lady friend from Boston for hiking/biking around New Paltz, but I think she is getting cold feet about the whole thing.
New Paltz is cool. Russos for deli....

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Hyde park to Fishkill just to ride through Vassar College. Much nicer and safer on the east-side of the valley. 9 instead of 9W. You will understand once you get there...

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
It is the beacon to which all other tacos are held. Luckily Juan is the man and has been cooking in there for years. He had a brain tumor, beat it, and is back in the bus getting after it. His boss's kids run another taco shop where they sell a burrito w/ french fries inside.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I ate Corn I grew for the first time ever. Plenty of butter and salt. White pepper also.... Just awesome!

Cento Pepporcini and Hard Salami.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
I ate Corn I grew for the first time ever. Plenty of butter and salt. White pepper also.... Just awesome!

Cento Pepporcini and Hard Salami.
Fresh corn on the cob is a sweet, sweet treat. I'm missing it right now.

Here's a local spot, they sell burritos with French fries inside.
20150701_140137.jpeg

junkyard

You might feel a little prick.
Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
I sit here at my desk and can see mexico. I allow a taco truck to park outside my office, as payment I get all the free food i want and my employees get free food on fridays. Its a great deal for both of us, more so for him, no gas and a steady supply of customers, and theres my bathroom which people seem to like. But man I have to be careful, I try to only eat off it twice a week. "try". I ussually fail. Its rough i tell ya. Ill take some photos next time i get something.