Quantcast

The Taco Truck Thread

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I would pay good monies for some of these tacos right meow.

Are these hole in the walls and trucks expensive? If you found a place up here with Mexican like that, you'd be looking at $13 for a few tacos minimum.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
I would pay good monies for some of these tacos right meow.

Are these hole in the walls and trucks expensive? If you found a place up here with Mexican like that, you'd be looking at $13 for a few tacos minimum.
Street tacos are 1.25 per usually but some of the sit downs can get up to 2.50 per but usually more like 1.75. Those nachos I eat are usually around 10 bucks. Plates of chorizo for 7 bucks.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Clearly Canada in doing it wrong.

....or there are just too many trendster hipsters up here on the mexican bandwagon.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
We have a new Taco joint here. It is pretty good. It is out in the suburbs and I live in the city. It is worth the trip as much as I hate Webster...

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Street tacos are 1.25 per usually but some of the sit downs can get up to 2.50 per but usually more like 1.75. Those nachos I eat are usually around 10 bucks. Plates of chorizo for 7 bucks.
My local Taco truck sells them for $1.45 a taco, which is pretty cheap considering. Seattle has pretty high minimum wages which does make restaurant food more expensive. They get up to $4.00 at the popular sit down taco bars.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
My local Taco truck sells them for $1.45 a taco, which is pretty cheap considering. Seattle has pretty high minimum wages which does make restaurant food more expensive. They get up to $4.00 at the popular sit down taco bars.
For west side tacos $1.45 seems dangerously cheap... maybe you are eating someones pet?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Looks fancy, probably tasty. I want some tacos right now...
Not fancy, definitely tatsty. They opened up aan actual brick an mortar place closer to me. They have an OKAY health rating so they are obviously more focused on making tasty food than they are cleaning.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Not fancy, definitely tatsty. They opened up aan actual brick an mortar place closer to me. They have an OKAY health rating so they are obviously more focused on making tasty food than they are cleaning.
probably applicable to other types of ethnic food...

A great quote from Chowhound:
"important note: when eating chinese food - make sure health rating is b or lower. if it has A, they're not "keepring it reer"
a rating = for americans (whitey)
b rating = best
c rating = chinese people only"

Last edited:

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
bunch a rich folk up in this tread, eating out all the time...

I made burritos today.

Fried tofu (fight me, pussy)
black beans
jalapeno (spicy af, of course, cause I know how to pick 'em)
onion
hummus
chili powder, garlic, lime juice
white flour tortilla (call it a wrap and you get dick kicked)

was damn tasty.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
bunch a rich folk up in this tread, eating out all the time...

I made burritos today.

Fried tofu (fight me, pussy)
black beans
jalapeno (spicy af, of course, cause I know how to pick 'em)
onion
hummus
chili powder, garlic, lime juice
white flour tortilla (call it a wrap and you get dick kicked)

was damn tasty.
I don't know if eating out in this case is much more expensive than cooking it at home, at least up here in Canaderp.

A taco/burrito meal ends up cost $30 if you don't already have everything to make them.

Black beans? $1.50
Onion? $2
Jalapeno? $2 for a few or $3 for a jar of pickled ones.
Hummus? lol wut. Well lets just say $4.
Meat? No matter beef, chicken etc it'll be $5 or more.
Cheese? $5 unless its on sale.
Tortillas? $8 for two packs, maybe subtract $1 if you get the smaller corn ones.
Tomato? $3

Assuming you already have the spices, hot sauce and other crap laying around. I guess you can cut out some of the stuff, ie cheese is optional and the hummus.

And then tax all of it at 13%...And not count the beer that must be enjoyed during this meal.

Fuck, I think I am going to have to make tacos for dinner.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Won't that list make like 40-50 tacos for a single guy?

And how the FUCK does an onion cost $2? Where the fuck you shoppin'?
12. Maybe more if you get the tiny tortillas. But hey after hitting the shed, having 40 tacos on tap is only a good thing. :busted:

Everything is expensive here. The onion might not cost $2, maybe $1.50. But no matter where I go, I can only find GIANT STEROID single onions or a bag of smaller onions. As a single guy, I don't need a bag of 20 onions.

I guess it doesn't help that a lot of the produce comes from either you guys, Mexico or a different continent all together (in the winter (and in the summer the local stuff is just as expensive (same with the beer))).

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
12. Maybe more if you get the tiny tortillas. But hey after hitting the shed, having 40 tacos on tap is only a good thing. :busted:

Everything is expensive here. The onion might not cost $2, maybe $1.50. But no matter where I go, I can only find GIANT STEROID single onions or a bag of smaller onions. As a single guy, I don't need a bag of 20 onions.

I guess it doesn't help that a lot of the produce comes from either you guys, Mexico or a different continent all together (in the winter (and in the summer the local stuff is just as expensive (same with the beer))).
I guess that single-payer healthcare doesn't just pay for itself! :D

pnj

Aug 14, 2002
seattle
tacos last night. will do tacos today too.

ground turkey
spinach and cauliflower chopped finely and added to turkey
red cabbage slaw (red cabbage, vinegar, lime juice, salt)
spicy af jalapeno
cilantro
habanero hot sauce
five inch corn tortillas

I ate ten.

on a side note, the weed store has OUNCES for 42 bucks...

pnj

Aug 14, 2002
seattle
There are PLENTY of jalapenos that aren't spicy. Most are picked early and aren't ripe.

The hummus is because i'm trying to get more veggies and fiber into my diet. It's something I have struggled with for decades. Let's just say I could, in years past, make a six pack of toilet paper last a year. no joke. seriously.

pnj

Aug 14, 2002
seattle
this is a first for me. as a long time 'anti vegetarian' , this is way beyond what i would consider food.

roasted sweet potato
roasted cauliflower
hummus
purple cabbage slaw
cilantro
hot sauce

I put the tortillas in the oven with the cauliflower and potato inside them. folded over. 420 (duh) degrees for about 10 minutes. crispy tacos!

pnj

Aug 14, 2002
seattle
curried lentils
onions
spinach
tofu (teriyaki flavored)
HUMMUS
habanero hot sauce

wrapped up in a flour tortilla.