Quantcast

The Taco Truck Thread

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
You guys don't even know...
Mr. Taco is the quintessential dirty Mexican joint. under the train tracks, cash only, secret menu for locals, personal safety not guaranteed after 11pm.

I miss it.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Mr. Taco is the quintessential dirty Mexican joint. under the train tracks, cash only, secret menu for locals, personal safety not guaranteed after 11pm.

I miss it.
I used to get taken to a fried fish sandwiches joint in Washington DC like that.

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana

I miss it.
Dude, by 11pm might be a stretch in Cicero.
Reminds me of when my dad wanted to show me some of the blues joints he used to play at in the 70’s.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Dude, by 11pm might be a stretch in Cicero.
Reminds me of when my dad wanted to show me some of the blues joints he used to play at in the 70’s.
dude, I grew up 2 blocks from Mr. Taco. The neighborhood isn't scary when it's your neighborhood.
but yea, lots of sketchy, intoxicated people (and folks!) after dark.

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
dude, I grew up 2 blocks from Mr. Taco. The neighborhood isn't scary when it's your neighborhood.
but yea, lots of sketchy, intoxicated people (and folks!) after dark.
Not that I get to Chicago all that often anymore but a quick google, that place looks dank. When my sister was going to U of C we would wander around late at night to some pretty interesting places. Probably didn’t put our own safety first but I was never mugged or felt threatened.

Just put a little more thought into it. Lord that was 20 years ago. Shit.

Last edited:

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth

I miss it.
That was Fatburger on La Cienega in Los Angeles in the late 70s. At night there were 8-10 big brothas in black jackets with Security in big yellow letters on the back all carrying pistol grip pump action 12ga shotguns in the parking lot. I got really weird there on weekends after the bars closed