Quantcast

The Taco Truck Thread

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
These nachos are a delicious meal. The beans soak into the chips and it makes for a texture/flavor that is approvable.

But as a nacho snob, I have to dock these points because they require a fork to finish, every time. Nachos that require forks are missing one of the core principles of the nacho, consumption of all compnents is to be scooped with chips.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
These nachos are a delicious meal. The beans soak into the chips and it makes for a texture/flavor that is approvable.

But as a nacho snob, I have to dock these points because they require a fork to finish, every time. Nachos that require forks are missing one of the core principles of the nacho, consumption of all compnents is to be scooped with chips.
Yeah - nachos can definitely be too moist. :brows:

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
gonna spend the next day or so making tamales. dry rubbed pork slow cooked with onions in Brother Thelonius Belgian Ale. Then shredded and mixed with Chilie Verde sauce, add in a slice of avocado with the pork on the masa wrap the corn husk and steam, serve covered with a blackberry chocolate Mole'

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Ventured out into public tonight and went to the good Mexican spot, in the next town over where all the migrant workers work. Haven't been in years; what an idiot.

Had to get some birria tacos, after seeing them trend everywhere on social media lately. So good. Luckily not overloaded with cheese like some I've seen... I ordered 3, but they gave me 5 :brows:

Also fail, no pics. Sorry not sorry :busted:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
So lets get this correct - 2 chicken taco combo is $9.00?
It was the $7.00 kids meal but realized I could order a la cart and it would be just a little bit more. Came to $9 sumptin with tip. Tacos were small but I came for the beans and rice.

The enchilada plate I was usually getting was about the same amount of food for closer to $17.00. so it was a bit of a menu hack.

Last edited:

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
It was the $7.00 kids meal but realized I could order a la cart and it would be just a little bit more. Came to $9 sumptin with tip. Tacos were small but I came for the beans and rice.

The enchilada plate I was usually getting was about the same amount of food for closer to $17.00. so it was a bit of a menu hack.
Two asada tacos with rice and beans and tip - $13.00

Resized_20240325_114648_1711392572714.jpeg