Quantcast

the 'things you once took for granted' thread

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
I Are Baboon said:
Being able to walk. Seeing my sister get stricken with MS has shown me that not everyone gets to roam freely.
take care of her man.

when i first moved to where i'm living now.
i had a neighbor who was in the final stages of that hideous disease.
for the three years i knew him, before he passed away. i spent as much time with him as i could.
he had a couple of great healthcare workers who helped him.

but for the most part he was very isolated and had very few friends.
nobody deserves that.

never take good health and mobility for granted.
ride every chance you get.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
SkaredShtles said:
Get your priorities straight, dude. :(

I still plan on taking a few summers off before I retire. :D
It would never be the same. Then I had no worries about a mortgage, I held no fear of laws and I was surrounded by hundreds of others in the same situation. I'd love a summer off, it would still be fun but it would never be the day after day of sore stomach muscles from laughing so hard all the time.

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
neanderthal said:
Eyesight without glasses. Doesn't the recurring theme of this thread seem to indicate we're all getting old and feeble?
Ugh, I miss that a lot. Then again I'm not old and feeble, though I will shortly no longer be a teenager...:dead:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
1. The ability to eat whatever I wanted and not gain a pound
2. The ability to heal almost overnight (not the weeks it takes now)

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I have a $100 rule. I think you start every ride with $100. You spend it however you want. Climbing, pushing yourself to keep in front, following hot, whatever you spend a little of that $100 over the course of the ride. Until the $100 is spent and you ride home. I used to be able to spend $150 on a ride. Now I can't. I miss being fast but I am fine with slow.

digger

Chimp
Jun 21, 2006
nowhere you would want to be
living at home while in high school and not having to deal with paying my own bills, buying my own food, fixing my own dinner, and never having to clean up after myself.

Man, I miss the good ol' days

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
jdcamb said:
I have a $100 rule. I think you start every ride with $100. You spend it however you want. Climbing, pushing yourself to keep in front, following hot, whatever you spend a little of that $100 over the course of the ride. Until the $100 is spent and you ride home. I used to be able to spend $150 on a ride. Now I can't. I miss being fast but I am fine with slow.
I think I've got a buck-oh-five.