Quantcast

~*~ THE Thursday GMT Thread ~*~

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Started watching "The Big Short" on Netflix last night and made it about an hour into it before falling asleep. Pretty good so far, despite being a non-1%'er/ @stoney and not understanding a lot of it.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
must have coffee

after work I need to finish loading up the camper and head out to the horse prk at woodside for 3 days of work. Cltrans is doing emergency bridge repairs on the San Mateo so I have to take the long route down to San Jose then back up the penninsula. an extra 30 minutes if the traffic is flowing:bonk:

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Didn't do a ton last night, just started packing up. Heading to Crested Butte for a long weekend with the wifey and dogs. Thoughts of that and wondering when my bike will be done are consuming about 95% of my mental bandwidth.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
So it's over. I put in 3 consecutive days of wearing a suit coat and slacks. I hope I never again in my life do I have to do that again.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Good to know, I'll probably bring my daughter to see it at some point.
There were 5 of us, all between the ages of 24 and 31, and we were all laughing uncontrollably throughout the whole movie (sober, too). Funny concept and well done, IMO.

I couldn't not picture Louis CK's face every time the main dog spoke, but I'm sure your daughter won't have that same issue.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Morning Monkies, I have abandoned mt brilliant idea of Pikes for all bikes, new plan is to leave the Sid on the hardtail, put a Lyrik on Yeti and move the Pile to the GT.

Anyone ride a Lyrik?

Last nights ride left my legs a bit sore this morning, I have mastered climbing on the Giggle Pig but was still blown away by a a hardtail, I tried to chase but could not close the gap in half a mile. I almost set the shock and fork to climb but didn't have the will to stop and start again.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Howdy.

Last nights group ride was great. I was sweating before putting a single pedal in on the bike. We all said before starting to roll out, "lets take it slow and easy guys, its kinda hot". Well that lasted long, before we were hauling ass like any other night.

Watermelon for post ride snack was a hit and a good idea in the heat.

I also found out last night that we have a dentist in the group, who has one of the older bikes out of all of us. What the hell?!?!

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Decided to play some GTA 5 last night since the wife went to bed early only to wake up an hour later and get pissed at me for playing a game. "You have to get up early and drive for 12 hours tomorrow, what are you thinking?" Well, it's only 9, I get up early every morning, and playing 2 hours of GTA isn't going to impact my driving tomorrow. What are you thinking?

Don't argue with a half asleep angry woman, just sayin.

I haven't played in over a month and I play maybe a few hours a month anyway. She is bent about the drive, but I'm driving, so what does she care? :rofl:

Women. Can't live with them, pass the beer nuts. - Norm

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
I have to wear a tie but the rest of the outfit is at my discretion. I think the only thing I didn't buy at REI besides the tie are my 5-10 shoes that I'm breaking in.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
My boss just sent my my job description for my approval. She pulled it from a British process manual or something. I actually like it and think it sounds pretty cool. Per the documentation, this is what I do 35% of the time.

Coordinates and manages planning of the system and/or acceptance tests within a development or integration project or programme. Takes responsibility for integrity of testing and acceptance activities and coordinates the execution of these activities. Provides authoritative advice and guidance on any aspect of test planning and execution. Defines and communicates the test strategy for the project. Manages all test processes, including test plans, resources, costs, timescales, test deliverables and traceability. Manages client relationships with respect to testing matters. Identifies process improvements, and contributes to corporate testing standards and definition of best practice.
:stupid: I like it. :rofl:

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Park was filled with people chasing down Pokemon yesterday when I did my ride. I think the uber nerd was an older dude with progressive balding who had let the hair he had left grow out and then colored some of it blue.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Park was filled with people chasing down Pokemon yesterday when I did my ride. I think the uber nerd was an older dude with progressive balding who had let the hair he had left grow out and then colored some of it blue.
wtf is the deal with this Pokemon thing. I hadn't heard anything about it beyond my 5yo wanting the cards, and now it's in all the news outlets I scan, and has been mentioned on teh :monkey: at least a 4-5 times... what is going on?!:flood:can someone fill me in?!

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
wtf is the deal with this Pokemon thing. I hadn't heard anything about it beyond my 5yo wanting the cards, and now it's in all the news outlets I scan, and has been mentioned on teh :monkey: at least a 4-5 times... what is going on?!:flood:can someone fill me in?!
You need to catch them all. Try it now!

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Don't argue with a half asleep angry woman, just sayin.

I haven't played in over a month and I play maybe a few hours a month anyway. She is bent about the drive, but I'm driving, so what does she care? :rofl:

Women. Can't live with them, pass the beer nuts. - Norm
I think this part is key. :rofl:

CrabJoe StretchPants

Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
My friend just told me he walks around the office holding his phone up in front of him as if he's playing, wandering into people's cubicles and offices, etc. Pretty hilarious.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I wish. I so wish.
And I'm pissed because I have to wear pants. :rofl:

I do wear a button up shirt here and jeans with my Vans. But I miss shorts and tshirts. There are a lot of ties in the office, but the average employee has been here 14 years, so there are a lot of old school folks around. This floor is almost all Ops/IT, but there are more suits the higher you go in the building.