Quantcast

~*~ THE Thursday GMT Thread ~*~

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Golf pant and polos (tucked in of course) most of the time. If mgmt or clients are coming through, suit & tie (jacket optional, but not really).

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Suit and tie would suck balls to have to wear every day. Screw that.

I wear jeans and polo to work every day. Shirt is never tucked in, of course.

The best part is that I don't have to tie up my shoes for work. I wear these safety clogs :D

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Golf pant and polos (tucked in of course) most of the time.
Now that is a dress code I could get behind!

I'd rock the whole set.

<edit> When I was working at the bank, the wifey bought me a bunch of nice shirts and I bought 5 pairs of Dickies in various colors. I can rock jeans here, so I'm cool with that. My barber still says she can't get over me in collared shirts and not interviewing. :rofl:

Last edited:

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Home for lunch otherwise known as the daily Dagwood. Weather is quite nice at 75 and partly cloudy with low winds. I should be able to leave work at 3:30 and be on the tails within an hour.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Just had a mental misfire. Pretty sure because I'm exhausted from lack of sleep. Debating calling it a day, but then I have to tell Wifey why I'm home... Crap balls.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Just had a mental misfire. Pretty sure because I'm exhausted from lack of sleep. Debating calling it a day, but then I have to tell Wifey why I'm home... Crap balls.
Call it a day, go biking and get home at normal time? Win win :D

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
I wear a plain black t-shirt and cargo shorts to work everyday. I run a beard trimmer across my face once a week. I wear a nice button down casual shirt once a month.

There are somethings about being self-employed that you just can't put a price on.

AngryMetalsmith

Jun 4, 2006
I learned a long time ago in art school, that when you start making mistakes form being too tired it's probably time to back off. Otherwise you might end up creating more work for yourself correcting mistakes or dealing with the consequences.

Clearly the only solution here is to leave work and slip into the woods on your bike.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
I live a minimum 45 min drive. While I admit I have gone home for lunch (only when driving the car) I do look forward to relocating soonish and be able to ride in.
It's a tip from my cardiologist to reduce stress or at least split it up into smaller units. :)

Plus I don't go out for lunch and eat the crappy food I love so much... tacos every day do take a toll.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
I learned a long time ago in art school, that when you start making mistakes form being too tired it's probably time to back off. Otherwise you might end up creating more work for yourself correcting mistakes or dealing with the consequences.

Clearly the only solution here is to leave work and slip into the woods on your bike.
I can't remember a damn thing I learned in school, except how not to get caught.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR

We were just laughing about this at our meeting yesterday. Some teams in our organization complain that we tend to work 40 hour weeks. As a salaried employee, I am not keen on overtime in general. But working longer hours does not mean more productivity, only less life in the Work/Life balance. :rofl:

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Don't fuck around with your health.
I do second the go ride your bike part, however.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Visited my grandma in the hospital tonight. My aunt and her were talking about all the pills she has to take (early stages of heart failure), so at some point pot brownies were brought up. Grandma said that might be a good idea. :rofl:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
In Whistler, village gondola had a lightening strike while we were above Olympic...stranded for about an hour :/

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Wimps, I wear a suit nearly everyday, it's not bad assuming you'very bought a decent one.
when it comes to suits and men in america....they tend to look like the have barry melrose's tailor....not a good look.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Back in from tonight's ride on the GT, went about 12 miles and saw 1 surgeon on a pepto pink Santa Cruz Bronson, I'd met him before when he forgot his pump and needed some air. We ran into a rattle snake on the trail who wouldn't move. I thought I took pictures on my new phone but I cannot find them so fail.

I also ran into local hero Henry which is 63, the former owner of the better LBS and full time caretaker of the South Shore trails, half of which he created. He has half a dozen carbon Yetis and even more top line Specialized rides. He told me the margins on Yetis are super slim and assembly of their bikes is basically ground up. It was a hard brand for him to make money on.

Just a fucking awesome day, except for JBP's comment which I don't understand... it maybe an insult so now my anxiety level requires a scotch.

AngryMetalsmith

Jun 4, 2006
Ride was cut short due to getting old. One of my achilles tendons cramped and swelled up to the point it was hard to pedal. Got bit my something there in the same area. Thought it was a mosquito bite, but not sure now.

So I just went across the street and had some kick-ass Thai for dinner.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Draft of NEA grant almost complete. Self-evaluation portion of annual review, due tomorrow, almost complete. (If you were wondering, yes, I am awesome and deserve a raise). Re-seated tire appears to have held air. Forecast for fuckit Friday? Charlotte: 97* and hot as ballz. the other Pisgah: 75* and gnurrrrrrr. :headbang:

Draft of NEA grant almost complete. Self-evaluation portion of annual review, due tomorrow, almost complete. (If you were wondering, yes, I am awesome and deserve a raise). Re-seated tire appears to have held air. Forecast for fuckit Friday? Charlotte: 97* and hot as ballz. the other Pisgah: 75* and gnurrrrrrr. :headbang:
I read something that said that Pisgah's turning into an overcrowded zoo. Is it?