Quantcast

The Thursday GMT

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Put a new waterpump and a bunch of other things on an engine, started it up and there was no power at the temp sender.
Some prick of an animal had made its way in to the dash and eaten the tracks to the temp and fuel sender.
IMG_20220804_224011.jpg

Fixed in an ugly way, it doesn't need a fuel gauge, just temp.
IMG_20220804_224006.jpg

Otherwise pretty okay day.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
19th was when I knew I had it. Slight improvement in symptoms this morning, still got the occasional cough, but the bunged up sinuses is slightly better.

Dull ache in the chest persists and I still wait for the electrophysiologist appointment and halter monitor.

I know I've ridden Rattling Creek, but don't remember what I thought of it. Pretty good IIRC. Don't remember if I've ridden Coopers Gap, Raystown obviously good for some swoopy trails.

edit: Coopers Gap might have been ridden several times when I've raced the Wilderness 101 or in the Stoopid 50, good stuff.

Last edited:

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
I hope that you'll be back on soon!

I'm sort of trying to sketch together another trip, maybe a week, still want to do Rattling Creek in Lykens, PA, maybe Coopers Gap again, don't know what else, maybe Raystown?. :wave:
Rattling Creek or aka Rattling Teeth's.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
WHATS UP THERE JOHNNY TACOS. Heat index will push 105 today. Fuck that. I crawled out of bed at five-ay-hem and ran easy for an hour before it gets too hot for that shit. I'll crawl onto the KICKR later for another one of those ass kicker workouts that question my ability to actually finish it.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
dragging this morning. finally got around to pulling apart the Gaggia last night. good news its that the solenoid was clear, bad news was a ton of scale on the group head. soaking in descaler still. stayed up too late and had too many beers in the process.

wife made some tasty shrimp tacos last night. plenty of leftover homemade guac too.

it looks like DH laps are on my agenda for this weekend as well. gonna be another hot one. sunday looks like lower chance of storms.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I feel dead and like I got beat up. Maybe its from no sleep last night, or the mri juice, or riding in torrential downpour last night. IDK.

And of course today will be a long day.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Feeling yuck this morning, taking the morning to try and R+R a little bit, though also working from home. Had some adult beverages last night, which might explain things, but also slept poorly due to snoring spouse and my son has a cold and my boss has COVID (I just tested negative).

Would probably prefer to spend the whole day just relaxing, but eh

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Hey! Pulled an on-again/off again all nighter. Running on hyper-fumes, so trying to get honey-do list done before a nap.
I know just how thrilling all of that seems to you good people. But in other news, I LOVE riding bikes.
that is all.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
You ok, my bro-dude?

I took an extra leisurely pace on my e-bike commute in this morning. Today is liver conference day. Either gyro meats for lunch or if ambitious riding up to Popeyes.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Power went out, coffee machine re-set, auto timer didn't auto-time, fresh hot cup of murder-prevention was not ready and waiting for me as requested. Kill list.

Neighbor asked if their gardener could come and quickly trim and agave in my side-yard that was growing into the fence, said sure and forgot about it. Looked out there this morning, homeboy took out the entire agave patch and a 4' diameter tree stump I'd been planting succulents on. WTF! That's not a quick trim.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
watching parents child....mom made what seemed like never ending french toast....the pooch and i napped hard after they split....

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
You ok, my bro-dude?

I took an extra leisurely pace on my e-bike commute in this morning. Today is liver conference day. Either gyro meats for lunch or if ambitious riding up to Popeyes.
Just not feeling it at the moment. Tired, overwhelmed, unethusiastic. Just a melange of melancholy.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Neighbor asked if their gardener could come and quickly trim and agave in my side-yard that was growing into the fence, said sure and forgot about it. Looked out there this morning, homeboy took out the entire agave patch and a 4' diameter tree stump I'd been planting succulents on. WTF! That's not a quick trim.
1. Take your chainsaw
2. Walk over to neighbor
3. Pick one of his trees
4. Use chainsaw
5. ???
6. Profit!

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
1. Take your chainsaw
2. Walk over to neighbor
3. Pick one of his trees
4. Use chainsaw
5. ???
6. Profit!
Im not pissed enough to be motivated to mix up some 2-stroke sauce for the saw. That whole side yard needs to be re-done, but the agave were thriving without any water which meant they were a nice place holder instead of weeds while I figure out how toterrace it for veggie planting.

I think it was a communication breakdown between them and the gardener TBH.

Got the WFH station dialed, moved an ottoman so that my vertically changed dogs can receive pets while I’m doing serious business at my “standing desk”. This is peak professionalism
0ED55EC7-6C80-4E14-A683-06B66A1EB8AB.jpeg

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Im not pissed enough to be motivated to mix up some 2-stroke sauce for the saw. That whole side yard needs to be re-done, but the agave were thriving without any water which meant they were a nice place holder instead of weeds while I figure out how toterrace it for veggie planting.

I think it was a communication breakdown between them and the gardener TBH.

Got the WFH station dialed, moved an ottoman so that my vertically changed dogs can receive pets while I’m doing serious business at my “standing desk”. This is peak professionalism View attachment 180074
Is that a cutting board under your PC? NTTAWWT but it would kill my wrists.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Weird. Just got a FedEx tracking number for an item I didn't order. 2 day delivery from a skate shop in MI. There's enough info to look it up and it seems to be a $2 sale DEVO t-shirt. I'm confused.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Weird. Just got a FedEx tracking number for an item I didn't order. 2 day delivery from a skate shop in MI. There's enough info to look it up and it seems to be a $2 sale DEVO t-shirt. I'm confused.
Happy birthday from all of RM. You're welcome.