Quantcast

The time has come.....

Velocity Girl

whack-a-mole
Sep 12, 2001
1,279
0
Atlanta
We talked about getting some more versatile bikes after selling the full on dh race rigs and well that time has finally come.....

This is what is now sitting in my garage just begging me to ride her :love: (and Freak's is on his way hopefully to arrive next week!)



This monday was actually the first time I've been on a bike since July!!!! It was a much needed break, but now the itch to ride a bit more is finally coming back :D I'm still enjoying our other sports we've picked up (atvs and snowboarding) but I'm glad I'm finally excited to ride again!!!!! (And now at least if I do get a wild hair to do a race here or there I have a bike :) )

Thanks again to all your well wishes when I was making my decision to scale back. It was nice to hear that I wasn't the only one who had gotten burnt, decided it was time for a change, etc. And also reminding for reminding me there is a whole other world of fun to explore out there (I just still want to play in the DH world still from time to time!)
 

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
10,460
8
wine country
Awsome choice!!

How is it?

I want to get a 7.3. I'm going to sell the fork and get a used '04 super T. I will also replace the rims and sell the rear rim and front wheel. I have a rear ex729, I just need to find an ex729 complete wheel, when I get the bike.

Is it agile? How much does it wiegh? How does it feel climbing?
 

Velocity Girl

whack-a-mole
Sep 12, 2001
1,279
0
Atlanta
mtnbrider said:
Awsome choice!!

How is it?

I want to get a 7.3. I'm going to sell the fork and get a used '04 super T. I will also replace the rims and sell the rear rim and front wheel. I have a rear ex729, I just need to find an ex729 complete wheel, when I get the bike.

Is it agile? How much does it wiegh? How does it feel climbing?
Unfortunately we haven't gotten a chance to take 'em out yet so I can't answer all those questions yet, but hopefully very very soon!(still waiting for Freaks to come in so we went boarding this weekend instead) As for the weight...not to sure and I'm not sure I want to know how much weight I'll be lugging around on it because anything is going to feel heavy climbing compared to my superlight...hehehe :p
 

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
4,256
28
Livin it up in the O.C.
You will love that bike...
You might want to ligten it up a bit though. Tires would make the biggest difference. Maybe the cranks as well (if you are using it for a burly trail bike/light DH) Stock, it is more freeride/DH.
 

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
10,460
8
wine country
Velocity Girl said:
Unfortunately we haven't gotten a chance to take 'em out yet so I can't answer all those questions yet, but hopefully very very soon!(still waiting for Freaks to come in so we went boarding this weekend instead) As for the weight...not to sure and I'm not sure I want to know how much weight I'll be lugging around on it because anything is going to feel heavy climbing compared to my superlight...hehehe :p
Yeah...I can imagine how a superlight would climb.
 

Velocity Girl

whack-a-mole
Sep 12, 2001
1,279
0
Atlanta
-BB- said:
You will love that bike...
You might want to ligten it up a bit though. Tires would make the biggest difference. Maybe the cranks as well (if you are using it for a burly trail bike/light DH) Stock, it is more freeride/DH.
Good review of the bike by the way....I went back and read your write up before purchasing her :thumb:

We kinda went back and forth on do we go with the more FR bike or go on the lighter (6", single crown) FR side. But you can't beat the price these were being blown out at! We were considering getting the 7.7's (due to some of the lighter components) but due to $, not being able to track 'em down, and the shop finally finding a 19" 7.5 for Jason, it made our decision for us. We've definitely already talked about some mods ....tubeless will probably be on the horizon, as well as seeing what we have laying around in spare parts or on our hardtails that might help. And now we have some flexibility of what and when to do the upgrades.

I'm definitely looking foward to taking her out :D
 

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
24,638
26
behind the viewfinder
Velocity Girl said:
Good review of the bike by the way....I went back and read your write up before purchasing her :thumb:
most guys who name their bikes assign a female gender to the inanimate object...why wouldn't women choose the male gender? or am i hopelessly confused? :D
 

Velocity Girl

whack-a-mole
Sep 12, 2001
1,279
0
Atlanta
narlus said:
most guys who name their bikes assign a female gender to the inanimate object...why wouldn't women choose the male gender? or am i hopelessly confused? :D
All my bikes have always been female. I'm a chick who kicks butt (or at least trys to) so I need a partner in crime :D
 

Velocity Girl

whack-a-mole
Sep 12, 2001
1,279
0
Atlanta
So Freak and I took 'em out for their inaugural rides yesterday :D We hit a local xc trail that is fairly technical, but not too many climbs..only a few short ones. So far overall impressions are pretty darn good! The trails we hit have some pretty tight turns, so that was a bit different with the longer wheelbase on these compared to our xc bikes, but still felt pretty nimble. I would say it climbed just fine with the only factor being the weight. Any bike is going to be a bit of a b**ch to climb if it's on the heavy side :p

I'm looking forward to when one of our local trails open up this spring to give it a better test on some steeper stuff. (And of course seeing how it handles whistler..heheheh!)
 

Reactor

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2005
3,978
1
Chandler, AZ, USA
narlus said:
most guys who name their bikes assign a female gender to the inanimate object...why wouldn't women choose the male gender? or am i hopelessly confused? :D

Duh, If you girlfriend came home and said she had been riding Xavier all afternoon.........:eek: :mad:
On the other hand if she said her and Jenna had been having fun...:thumb: :drool:

When you come home and say you've been riding Jenna....:rolleyes: .....yeah right, no confusion.
 

sheila m

Chimp
Feb 15, 2005
15
0
Barrie, ON, CAN
(And of course seeing how it handles whistler..heheheh!)[/QUOTE]

When are ya hitting Whistler? I think I'm going to head west this year and may be at whistler during Crankworks :) I miss that place!
 

Velocity Girl

whack-a-mole
Sep 12, 2001
1,279
0
Atlanta
sheila m said:
(And of course seeing how it handles whistler..heheheh!)
When are ya hitting Whistler? I think I'm going to head west this year and may be at whistler during Crankworks :) I miss that place![/QUOTE]

We only live about 4-5 hours away so we have flexibility of when we want to go up there. We definitely won't be up there as much as we have in the past (which was almost every weekend) but hopefully enough to justify buying some season passes ;)

If you want to hook up and ride just let me know when you get your plans set and I'll see what the schedule's looking like!