Quantcast

The Tomac Puzzle-WIN A NEW TOMAC

Lollapalooza

Monkey
Jan 22, 2007
That's not a hint. I hint helps you win. Red letters saying that you could win a new tomac is just a cryptic fact.

NY_Star

Turbo Monkey
Clue #2 requires an answer.

The question is: What was one of Johnny T’s BMX race numbers?

Hint: It’s in a photo and it’s called out in the caption.

When you know, go here: www.tomac.com/Tomac

The user name is tomac (all lower case). The password is a six letter word, first letter capitalized, followed by the two numbers. Those two numbers are the answer to the question above.

DirtyDog

Gang probed by the Golden Banana
Aug 2, 2005
I don't understand who's giving something away here. Are you actually affiliated with Tomac bikes? If so, why not do a legit giveaway on some bir MTB site rather than this roundabout blog, forum spam thing?

Oct 9, 2006
He is trying to set up an ARG or an "alternate reality game". A way to build hype about a company/movie release/album release or in this case a bike release.

Could be fun if done right but this one is kinda off to a weak start.

Udi

RM Chief Ornithologist
Mar 14, 2005
You just want me to send in a picture of my schlong.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Silly contests are cool when you have highly coveted prizes.

I don't even know what your DH bike looks like. And, unfortunately, John Tomac's greatest achievements were before the birth of some of the people on this site.

Udi

RM Chief Ornithologist
Mar 14, 2005
But more importantly, what did you search for to come up with photos of marsupials with my member?
:busted:

ekozy39

Monkey
Apr 27, 2005
I wonder, aside from the "silly" contest, why they decided to rebuild the brand (which is named after the greatest AMERICAN mtb racer ever) by putting together a WC team of fast junior Euros.

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
The new Tomac's are sick rides, all of them. If sam hill was kicking tail on a tomac wearing clothespins on his nipples all you kids will be raving on how good they are with ice packs tapped to your chest.:disgust1:
haha classic

I do agree, the new Tomac bikes are super sick. I love my Snyper!

Joel Smith

Chimp
Apr 25, 2002
I give up. You try to do something fun, something new, something interesting, and everyone just bags on the company, the contest, even Johnny. I just don’t understand people. It’s disheartening.

evolutionbike

Monkey
Mar 21, 2004
Baltimore
I have been quietly waiting for the next clue, I love the idea of the contest and would be super stoked to be able to win a new bike, especially a Tomac. Some of us really appreciate the attention that Tomac is giving to forums such as this.

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
I have been quietly waiting for the next clue, I love the idea of the contest and would be super stoked to be able to win a new bike, especially a Tomac. Some of us really appreciate the attention that Tomac is giving to forums such as this.
I agree 100%.

How many of you guys have ever seen another bike company produce a cool viral contest like Tomac has?

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
I give up. You try to do something fun, something new, something interesting, and everyone just bags on the company, the contest, even Johnny. I just don’t understand people. It’s disheartening.
I think it's a cool idea.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Then you dishearten easily.

Getting upset that one or two sam hill clones bag on a product they've never ridden on a public internet forum is about as useful as asking santa clause for sexier pectorals.

Get over it. Run your contest. Ridemonkey is not 100% of the mountain bike population. There are plenty of people out there who would be stoked to win a tomac frame.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Getting upset that one or two sam hill clones bag on a product they've never ridden on a public internet forum is about as useful as asking santa clause for sexier pectorals.
That's almost sig worthy.

skiforfree33

Monkey
Mar 15, 2007
colorado
Then you dishearten easily.

Get over it. Run your contest. Ridemonkey is not 100% of the mountain bike population. There are plenty of people out there who would be stoked to win a tomac frame.
like me!