Quantcast

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
That first fight was lame as hell... that guy did the fake punch, shoot... every single time and the other guy just fell for it. He deserves to be off the show for falling for that 5 times in a row, and the wrestler deserves to get an uppercut to the chin next time he tries that same sh!t against someone who is worth a damn.

I actually hope Kimbo does well, hes humble and respectful... too bad he's gonna get his ass beat by some ground and pound dude. I hope big country gets his ass beat... dude seems to think he is something special... looks like a competitor of a tough guy contest. He'd be to the UFC what butterbean is to boxing.

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Fall face first on the mat in 17 seconds of the first round? Worked well for him last time.

He has generated a lot of buzz and that's what he's there for. He might get some pre fights regardless of how he finishes only because the heavy class sucks ass.

Besides, he hasn't fought Cro Cop yet. After last night, Kimbo is one of the few guys that hasn't beaten him. :rofl:
Poor Crocop... that guys needs to throw in the towel. He's made an ass of himself in every fight since he moved to the UFC.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
I think the only reason Brock was sorry was because Danna ripped him a new ass. I think he still has the WWE mindset and because of his size he will be tough to beat. I think Randy had a solid chance until the lay and pray took over.

Yes, we have all done stupid things, but I think Brock likes being the "bad guy".
Dana no doubt really did tear him up after that incident. And I agree with you on those points....I just think there's a lot more Brock can do for the sport besides being the poster boy for WWE flashbacks. :)

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Poor Crocop... that guys needs to throw in the towel. He's made an ass of himself in every fight since he moved to the UFC.
That headkick he took like a champ is one of the best UFC KO's to date, though. The kick was awesome, but the irony lasts forever.

homepiece

Monkey
May 22, 2006
OHIO
That headkick he took like a champ is one of the best UFC KO's to date, though. The kick was awesome, but the irony lasts forever.
The irony of him being nearly decapitated by a headkick is awesome. The image of his ankle/foot turned 180 degrees when he fell seared into my brain is not.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
The irony of him being nearly decapitated by a headkick is awesome. The image of his ankle/foot turned 180 degrees when he fell seared into my brain is not.
:stupid:

When you see his highlight reel and all the people he dropped with that very same move is funny. The thought of the damage to his ankle when he woke up is not nearly as funny.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
I think the only reason Brock was sorry was because Danna ripped him a new ass. I think he still has the WWE mindset and because of his size he will be tough to beat. I think Randy had a solid chance until the lay and pray took over.

Yes, we have all done stupid things, but I think Brock likes being the "bad guy".

On a side note, Diaz's fight on Wednesday was f@cking awesome. Talk about a kid I love to hate. I couldn't stand him at first, but he's bad ass. I would love to see his brother come back, too. Both have so much range and skill its crazy.
I met Nick Diaz, since his dojo is near my bike shop. Unfortunately, I trusted TheMontashu to snap the photo, so there is no proof.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
But the other part about Brock is that he is a skilled wrestler and huge size.

Tim Sylvia was always vulnerable to a takedown, whereas Brock is not.

Mir is one of the technical heavyweights out there, so it does say something that he was not able to defend Lesnar.

Jimmy, just admit it: you wish you can be part of the blade!

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
But the other part about Brock is that he is a skilled wrestler and huge size.

Tim Sylvia was always vulnerable to a takedown, whereas Brock is not.

Mir is one of the technical heavyweights out there, so it does say something that he was not able to defend Lesnar.

Jimmy, just admit it: you wish you can be part of the blade!
You're right, he is teh awesome. :rolleyes:

I still enjoy 205's mostly because that class is packed with talent. I think Machida will hold that title for a while, but there are so many dudes that can hold it for at least one fight.

But the lighter the weight, the more hardcore the fights get. I just think if heavies get to Brock size, it will be like the Butterbean division. A bunch of 265's that actually weigh 290 that gas 2 minutes into the round.

Vs. the 155's that go full speed for 3-5 rounds. Randy at heavy was awesome because he was 100% all the time, but he was also 225 tops. 5 rounds would kill me, but watching 260 pound dudes gas after 2 minutes isn't fun for me.

Leppah

Turbo Monkey
Mar 12, 2008
Utar
On a side note, Diaz's fight on Wednesday was f@cking awesome. Talk about a kid I love to hate. I couldn't stand him at first, but he's bad ass. I would love to see his brother come back, too. Both have so much range and skill its crazy.
I'm with you there. It's funny. You're spot on with the way I feel about him too. I hated Nate and Nick. The more i watch them fight, the more i like them. I'm glad he choked out Melvin. That coke head needs to get out of the UFC.

Leppah

Turbo Monkey
Mar 12, 2008
Utar
That first fight was lame as hell... that guy did the fake punch, shoot... every single time and the other guy just fell for it.
The funny thing about that is Thiago Alves fell for it more than that when he fought GSP. Pretty frustrating fight to watch.

Leppah

Turbo Monkey
Mar 12, 2008
Utar
His name is becoming laughable like the name "shamrock". Ken should've stopped a really, really long time ago before he had so many embarrassing losses.

About Brock. If he wins his next fight, it'll prove that he has skill and not just size. He's supposed to fight Carwin. i think Carwin weighs in around 265 and he's the only guy with hands bigger than brocks. Size 5XL. He's more muscle than Brock, and he's knocked out all of his opponents in the first round. i hope he does it.
I'm glad Brock beat Mir. Mir was way too full of himself when he beat a crappy Nog. Nog sucked in that fight. He was right on it with Randy. That was an awesome fight. I didn't think it would be that good. It was awesome.

I think Brock just needs to keep his mouth shut after his fights. If he can do that, then he'll end up getting more fans. He just gets too in to the antics afterward. But, it makes people hate him. When they hate someone, they'll pay to see him lose.

Last edited:

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I'm with you there. It's funny. You're spot on with the way I feel about him too. I hated Nate and Nick. The more i watch them fight, the more i like them. I'm glad he choked out Melvin. That coke head needs to get out of the UFC.
Yes, both Diaz brothers are great to watch because they bring it. But the younger one has had some seriously impressive choke wins. The triangle he did with a double finger salute was classic.

He has a lot of attitude, but he also has a ton of skills. At first I couldn't stand him because I thought he was just a cocky prick, but he has backed it up more than once. He's also from the 209, so you gotta give it up for the Valley.

Leppah

Turbo Monkey
Mar 12, 2008
Utar
True. He's a total d!ck before he fights. But when he wins, he's pretty chill and always tells the loser that they did good.
I like how he talks sh!t when he fights too. I remember when he was fighting Joe Stephenson. He was saying, "COme on Joe, get busy b!tch!"

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
True. He's a total d!ck before he fights. But when he wins, he's pretty chill and always tells the loser that they did good.
I like how he talks sh!t when he fights too. I remember when he was fighting Joe Stephenson. He was saying, "COme on Joe, get busy b!tch!"
I think a lot of the Nick Diaz attitude is just the fight game. These guys aren't going to a knitting circle; they are going tob eat the sheyatt out of each other.

But he was nice to me and my friends, and I like his style in the ring.

As for the heavyweights, it is a clown show. For maximum brutality, it is definitely the light heavyweights.

LHW's have to make weight, which makes them much more agile than open class HW's. This is a big distinction between boxing and MMA: HW's are the king of the boxing world because of the knockout power.

While there is some debate whether the best fighter pound-for-pound, Anderson Silva, could kick anyone's ass, but other than him, the LHW is the king of MMA.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
LHW's have to make weight, which makes them much more agile than open class HW's. This is a big distinction between boxing and MMA: HW's are the king of the boxing world because of the knockout power.

While there is some debate whether the best fighter pound-for-pound, Anderson Silva, could kick anyone's ass, but other than him, the LHW is the king of MMA.
The difference is when you look at Brock. He has to make weight because HW is 206 to 260 or something. He walks around at around 290 and the main issue is most other HW's are 230ish. It's like a middle weight fighting a LHW.

That being said, the best thing about this season of TUF will be Rampage vs. Rashad. It will be a solid test to see if Rampage is truly back and where Rashad fits in the list of top 5 @ 205.

While I think Silva is the best pound for pound, I don't know that he can handle all 205's. But he also did stuff to Forest that looked unnatural.

Leppah

Turbo Monkey
Mar 12, 2008
Utar
I like Rampage. He's funny. I've liked that dude since i saw him fight Saku way back in PRIDE. He did really well against that dude considering Saku was at his prime. Rampage has funny interviews. He's just a funny dude.
That fight between the two of them is tough to call. Rashad is faster than Page for sure. But Page can take some hits. Page needs to move around more if he wants to beat Rashad.
Anderson is the shizzle. He is like that end boss in a vid game that just can't be beat. Everything he does is so effortless and damn near flawless. His confidence is insane.

I read somewhere that Nick Diaz said, "fighting MMA is like going to war. We're warriors. i hate the other guy while i'm in there. We're like feckin ninja's. I want to kill whoever it is that i'm fighting. After that, we're friends again."

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
Rampage quits the UFC, bails on Evan's fight

Former Ultimate Fighting Championship light heavyweight champion Quinton “Rampage” Jackson is no longer part of the UFC’s “A-Team,” according to a post on his blog.

Jackson, one of mixed martial arts’ biggest stars, wrote “I’m done fighting” in a post on his official blog and expressed displeasure with UFC president Dana White.

White, who bailed Jackson out of jail last year after an incident in which Jackson was driving his truck on the wrong side of the street, was angry with Jackson for accepting a role as B.A. Baracus, made famous by Mr. T on NBC, in “The A-Team” movie. Jackson pulled out of a planned Dec. 12 fight with Rashad Evans because it conflicted with the movie’s filming schedule.

In his post, Jackson wrote of a series of disagreements with management, which he said began shortly after he signed with the UFC. He said he was rushed into a championship fight with Chuck Liddell in 2007 before he was known by American fans. He said after the win over Liddell, the UFC arranged a fight with Dan Henderson without asking him and then pressured him earlier this year into fighting Evans instead of taking a championship shot against Lyoto Machida.

Jackson said he wanted to take the movie role because he used to watch the television show with his father and it brought back fond memories.

“Dana went on the Internet and mocked me because of that and I still did nothing,” Jackson wrote. “Dana and I finally talked and we made up and then after that he went back on the Internet and said some [expletive] and he was talking bad about the movie, when information is not even supposed to be released … My body has been getting so many different injuries that I won’t be able to fight until my 40s and neither do I want to fight that long. So I feel like my second career could be in jeopardy. So I’m done fighting. I’ve been getting negative reviews from the dumb ass fans that don’t pay my bills or put my kids though college. So I’m hanging it up.”

White declined to comment Tuesday. He had made no secret of his displeasure with Jackson for taking the role and said prior to UFC 103 on Saturday that he had not been speaking with Jackson.

But White told reporters at the postfight news conference that he and Jackson had mended fences and were speaking.

“We kind of made up,” White said. “We’re going to figure it out. [Jackson] wants the Rashad fight. He’s in Vancouver doing this movie. It is what it is. Now we just have to figure out when. We’ll see what happens.”

Jackson and Evans are coaches on the current season of “The Ultimate Fighter,” which airs on Spike TV. They were scheduled to fight Dec. 12 in Jackson’s hometown of Memphis, Tenn., at UFC 107.

The UFC’s stance has been that it has offered Jackson a choice after his victory over Keith Jardine at UFC 96 in March. He would have been able to fight Machida for the title at UFC 98 or to fight Evans. Jackson was angry that Evans came into the cage after his win over Jardine and Jackson reportedly chose the Evans fight.

At a media day in June in Las Vegas to promote the 10th season of “The Ultimate Fighter,” Jackson said he took the opportunity to coach on the show because of the exposure it would give him. He was clearly angry that some fans suggested he was afraid of Machida and said he wanted to fight Machida after he met Evans.

But in his post Tuesday, Jackson said that wasn’t the case. At the time Jackson defeated Jardine at UFC 96 in March, Evans held the UFC’s light heavyweight belt. Jackson fought Jardine with a jaw injury that would later require surgery and he declined to fight Evans in May.

Instead, Machida got the bout and knocked Evans out to claim the title. After that fight, White announced that Jackson had chosen to fight Evans and the two agreed to meet at UFC 107 after the conclusion of TUF.

Jackson supported that position publicly in numerous interviews but wrote in his blog Tuesday that White told him what to say.

“ … When Rashad got knocked out [by Machida at UFC 98], I told them I wanted to fight Machida for the belt, but Dana told me if I coach TUF against Rashad that I could fight Machida afterwards cause this was a different type of Ultimate Fighter show they were doing,” Jackson wrote. “After I signed the contract, Dana then changes his mind and says I have to fight Rashad and even told me what to say in the press and so my fans think I was scared to fight Machida. After all that, I still never complained and I did it all.”

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Farkle! I hope Rampage isn't done, I want to see him fight Evans. I honestly don't think he has a shot against Machida because he will get picked apart. It would look worse than the Forest vs. Silva fight in terms of being outclassed.

homepiece

Monkey
May 22, 2006
OHIO
Farkle! I hope Rampage isn't done, I want to see him fight Evans. I honestly don't think he has a shot against Machida because he will get picked apart. It would look worse than the Forest vs. Silva fight in terms of being outclassed.
I disagree somewhat. Rampage's chin is way better than Forrest's. He may get picked apart, but his chin will allow him to keep coming in as long as he remembers to check a leg kick. Also remember, Tito gave Machida all he could handle, and everything Tito does, Rampage does better.

I think that the Rampage/Evans fight could turn out to be a fight of the year. They don't like each other, and are smilar type fighters.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
some day, dana white is going to reap what he sows, when all the fighters enter a fighters' union and he stops playing "king of the mountain". The way he treats UFC fighters is crap...it's like old school mafialand politics...not surprising as he grew up in southie. Anyways...it's good for him right now, but eventually they'll figure it out.

Lifetime contracts my @$$....

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I disagree somewhat. Rampage's chin is way better than Forrest's. He may get picked apart, but his chin will allow him to keep coming in as long as he remembers to check a leg kick. Also remember, Tito gave Machida all he could handle, and everything Tito does, Rampage does better.

I think that the Rampage/Evans fight could turn out to be a fight of the year. They don't like each other, and are smilar type fighters.
I like the Rampage vs. Evans fight, but I think Machida will end up showing he is almost as good as Silva. The fact Silva won't fight him because they are "friends" seems funny to me. I think Silva might know just how bad ass Machida is. I know Machia has a similar hit percentage as Silva with like 80% of his shots landing. Someone like Rampage who tends to swing wild leaves himself wide open to a sniper like Machida.

I could be wrong about Machida as I've only seen him fight a few times. But when you can beat a guy like Evans standing and your strength is BJJ, you have to wonder just how much talent he has.

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Back to TUF: Looks like next week's episode will be pretty good. I really hope Kimbo knocks fatty out. Fatty will be dangerous though because of his experience... however, I bet he gasses pretty fast. If Kimbo can make him work then he'll have a chance... if it's a standup fight.

Really though Kimbo will likely be gone after next week.

On a semi related note: I wonder if the beard acts as a kind of chin decoy?

Last edited:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Back to TUF: Looks like next week's episode will be pretty good. I really hope Kimbo knocks fatty out. Fatty will be dangerous though because of his experience... however, I bet he gasses pretty fast. If Kimbo can make him work then he'll have a chance... if it's a standup fight.

Really though Kimbo will likely be gone after next week.

On a semi related note: I wonder if the beard acts as a kind of chin decoy?
I can't have any respect for an out of shape athlete. That guy could be a middleweight if he got lean.

BillT

Monkey
Kimb is going to get rocked by fatty white dude which is possibly the only worse that getting knocked out by a smaller white guy with pink hair...he's going to have negative street cred when this is all done, but I bet Dana keeps him on as he is a bit of a draw for the casual fan.

Leppah

Turbo Monkey
Mar 12, 2008
Utar
I would think that if Kimbo loses, they wouldn't show it so early in the season. I'd think they'd be milking it out for a while.
And yeah, i think Roy should be in better shape if he's a pro athlete or trying to be one.

Leppah

Turbo Monkey
Mar 12, 2008
Utar
Did you guys see that Anderson is supposed to fight Vitor next? Vitor isn't ready for that. His head is his biggest issue. It's hardly ever straight.

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
I would think that if Kimbo loses, they wouldn't show it so early in the season. I'd think they'd be milking it out for a while.
And yeah, i think Roy should be in better shape if he's a pro athlete or trying to be one.
But Dana White is the one that has been trashing Kimbo. I'm sure DW wants him to get beat early so he can say that Kimbo got knocked off in round one and that he was right all along.

Of course there is this question: what makes the UFC look less legit... A thug looking street fighter or a fat tub of lard?

Batman

Monkey
May 20, 2002
Mississauga
Did you guys see that Anderson is supposed to fight Vitor next? Vitor isn't ready for that. His head is his biggest issue. It's hardly ever straight.
I disagree. Vitor is ready...but he still will not win. Vitor presents the biggest challenge for Anderson currently. It's the right decision to make Dan Henderson and Nate Marquardt fight first and then the winner will fight the winner of Silva/Belfort.
Carwin will not beat Brock...he cannot prevent his takdowns and therefore will lose. I'm not a big Brock fan but credit is due...he is huge and has made amazing progress for the amount of time he's been training MMA...and he's damn fast for his size.
The big question is who can challeng GSP at 170? He's out until Feb.....Swick, Rumble Johnson?....I don't see either of these guys coming close. Thiago Alves, who's striking is the best at WW, couldn't land anything for 5 rounds .....and no one will beat GSP on the ground...If Dan Hardy gets a few more wins he will also get a shot...
Anybody think Diego Sanchez stands a chance against Penn? He's the next challenger...I think Penn is superior in all aspects...Diego's agressiveness will likely be his downfall.

Oh, Kimbo for teh win! :thumb:

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
GSP has a ton of speed, but I think Swick has a shot. GSP is about as well rounded a fighter as anyone, but as he proved in his loss to that Jersey Jackass, he can be caught and if anyone will catch him it's Swick. For Swick to stand a chance, he will need to hit him early and often. The first 90 seconds would be crucial against GSP because you know he has the gas to go 5 easy.

I think Sanchez can beat Penn. BJ 3 years ago? Nope, but now, anything is possible. I think Florian was way too cockey last time and got the beatdown for it.

Back on topic:
Kimbo is a Bum Fights draw, Big Country, while being a fat piece of sh!t has actually proven himself in MMA and had a pretty good record. Will that prove well in the cage? Who knows, but I bet he will outwork Kimbo and would easily beat him on the ground.

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
I disagree. Vitor is ready...but he still will not win. Vitor presents the biggest challenge for Anderson currently. It's the right decision to make Dan Henderson and Nate Marquardt fight first and then the winner will fight the winner of Silva/Belfort.
Carwin will not beat Brock...he cannot prevent his takdowns and therefore will lose. I'm not a big Brock fan but credit is due...he is huge and has made amazing progress for the amount of time he's been training MMA...and he's damn fast for his size.
The big question is who can challeng GSP at 170? He's out until Feb.....Swick, Rumble Johnson?....I don't see either of these guys coming close. Thiago Alves, who's striking is the best at WW, couldn't land anything for 5 rounds .....and no one will beat GSP on the ground...If Dan Hardy gets a few more wins he will also get a shot...
Anybody think Diego Sanchez stands a chance against Penn? He's the next challenger...I think Penn is superior in all aspects...Diego's agressiveness will likely be his downfall.
Lets see... Anyone that tries to stand with Silva isn't ready... the guy is just too sharp.

Out of all the contenders Hendo still has the best chance to beat Silva. I know he got caught before but I think that fight was going his way until anderson put the body triangle on him and choked him out. Marquart would get decimated by Silva.

Agree on the Brock thing... he won't get beat by anyone other than a guy his size that can hang on the ground.

GSP... no worthy challengers in his weight class, he's too well rounded. Same goes for Penn in his weight class, Sanchez is going to get caught with or in something.

Batman

Monkey
May 20, 2002
Mississauga
GSP has a ton of speed, but I think Swick has a shot. GSP is about as well rounded a fighter as anyone, but as he proved in his loss to that Jersey Jackass, he can be caught and if anyone will catch him it's Swick. For Swick to stand a chance, he will need to hit him early and often. The first 90 seconds would be crucial against GSP because you know he has the gas to go 5 easy.

I think Sanchez can beat Penn. BJ 3 years ago? Nope, but now, anything is possible. I think Florian was way too cockey last time and got the beatdown for it.
Yes, Matt Serra caught GSP....but the thing about GSP is that he takes his losses (Hughes, Serra) and improves exactly what beat him...again I reference the T. Alves fight....a lot of people were saying that GSP was gonna get knocked out by Alves who is a top class striker and walks around at 200+lbs, but Alves couldn't touch him....but anyone can catch him on any given night, so he's not "unbeatable". I just rewatched GSP/Penn 2.....unbelievable....his takedowns and g n' p is unprecedented.

Regarding Penn/Sanchez....it largely depends on which Penn shows up to fight....if it's the same guy who fought Florian i'm afraid Diego is in for a tough night. When Penn commits to his training and cardio he is way ahead of everyone at 155.

People need to move past Kimbo's youtube street fighting days....he's been committed to MMA for several years now and takes his schit serisouly...he can be a serious contender in a few years now that he's with Greg Jackson camp...he's got top guys to train with.

Can we make this thread a general UFC and Ultimate Fighter discussion thread...as to not start a new thread every few weeks for the upcomng PPV...?

Speaking of...anyone actually expecting Shogun to inflict any damage on Machida?
I'm expecting big things from Rumble Johnson....

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Kimbo's 35 and looks 50. I don't think he has years to develop. He might be serious, but so are 100 other people that are 10+ years younger. Not many heavies, but still.

I say $20 he doesn't make it out of the house and another $20 says he doesn't do better than 50% before he fades into obscurity, and that's IF White lets him fight after the house.

<edit> Sanchez has only had one bad fight. I think he has a solid shot against BJ.

Batman

Monkey
May 20, 2002
Mississauga
Well, I agree with you about Kimbo not making to the finale on TUF...but he's slated to fight in December...likely on the TUF finale but not as a finalist.
http://www.sherdog.com/news/articles/slice-its-one-of-my-best-fights-20021

Out of curiousity, how do you see Sanchez beating Penn? KO? Early or late? Grinding out a decision?

Bring Gregard Mousasi to the UFC....he could be a serious contender at 185 or 205 (although he's stated he does not want to cut weight for MW any longer).

Another up and comer to watch is Jon Jones....he's training at Tri-Star in mtl with GSP and has looked very impressive in his 3 ufc fights....and is only 21yrs old.