Quantcast

The Vick thing?

SloMoJo

Monkey
Dec 17, 2002
New England
At the risk of sounding like the dummy I am ... What the hell is this Michael Vick thing?

I don't follow sports celebs and they dum chit they do.
Am I hearing this right?
He looses his career over organized dog fighting?
That some of the dummest stuff I ever heard.

I'm watching the Colts game last night and they zip over to the "news flash". I thought it was OJ for a sec .... just whose fricken dog did he kill? The president's poodle?
I gotta be missing something??? :twitch:

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
He looses his career over organized dog fighting?
The issue is B&W, either you think dog fighting is wrong or you think it's acceptable.

Obviously you're either ignorant or you've been to a dog fighting match as described and think it's okay.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
The issue is B&W, either you think dog fighting is wrong or you think it's acceptable.

Obviously you're either ignorant or you've been to a dog fighting match as described and think it's okay.
So you're saying it's NOT ok to let dogs fight to the death for fun and profit? Man, guess I will need a new business idea then. :twitch:

SloMoJo

Monkey
Dec 17, 2002
New England
Sure ... I'm ignorant .. no issue there.
Been living under a rock for too long ... you got me there. ;)
Never been to dog fights and don't personally "approve".

My thing is like "What's the big F'n deal ... so what?"
Put him out of football???
Are we really that civil around here?

Would we really fire someone from their job if found that they had a dog fightting thing going on? I dunno ... sounds stupid to me.

If it were rooster fight would we be all crazy?
If it were snake fight?
Frog fight? ... still no likey?

Just dumb I say...shame ... I like watching that guy play.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Cruelty to animals is awesome. I think he should get a medal and a cash reward, not jail time and the league's judgement for bad conduct.

edit:Seriously, though, the league has standards in place for what is considered acceptable and moral behavior. He violated that, so the league will suspend him for it. Where's the gray area here?

He also broke the law. So he will go to jail. Again, there is no gray area.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
People keep forgeting that Vick was not really charged with dog fighting, that is not a federal crime. The federal charges are about conspiracy of an interstate gambling ring. The fighting and cruelty charges are up to the state of Va and will most likely happen sometime next month.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR

Are we really that civil around here?

Would we really fire someone from their job if found that they had a dog fightting thing going on? I dunno ... sounds stupid to me.

If it were rooster fight would we be all crazy?
If it were snake fight?
Frog fight? ... still no likey?

So if I am an exciting athlete, I am now above the law? Seeings how according to Sir Charles "I'm not a role model", who cares what I do in my spare time, right?

It's not like I am pitting whore babies against pit bulls, right? Although that might bring in even more money.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
It's not like I am pitting whore babies against pit bulls, right? Although that might bring in even more money.
That is wrong and unfair and most people wouldn't pay to watch. You want to pit crack whore babies against other crack whore babies.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
People keep forgeting that Vick was not really charged with dog fighting, that is not a federal crime.
Actually it is. You wouldn't think that good old GWBush would have a soft heart, but he signed that legislation last year.

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
People keep forgeting that Vick was not really charged with dog fighting, that is not a federal crime. The federal charges are about conspiracy of an interstate gambling ring.
Yup. Wasn't the IRS also briefly involved? If the dollar amounts were higher, he easily could have gone to jail for not reporting gambling winnings. The tax code is teh awesome.

SloMoJo

Monkey
Dec 17, 2002
New England
People keep forgeting that Vick was not really charged with dog fighting, that is not a federal crime. The federal charges are about conspiracy of an interstate gambling ring. The fighting and cruelty charges are up to the state of Va and will most likely happen sometime next month.
Thanks Westy...there had to be more.
That what it's about, eh?

I'm guessing Vick had a couple hoodlems in his off season crew. He does not strike me as bright enough to design that kinda thing. Also sounds like he lied to team management, which they tend to frown upon. They dislike looking stupid.

Anyway ... what a shame. Vick ... you Dumbass!

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
I'm guessing Vick had a couple hoodlems in his off season crew.
And that's what got him busted... one of his crew got rolled by the popo in a traffic stop. Gave Vick's home address as his residence. A search warrant was issued and they stumbled upon the whole dog fighting thing.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
Would you like to watch him take some dogs, hang them from a rope and watch them choke to death? Because that is what he did.
Or how about watching him take the dogs that did not die from hanging, and stick their heads in a 5 gallon bucket, and hold them down until they drowned. Yep, he did that too.
Dogfighting is much more cruel than just letting two dogs fight.
Its an activity for the lowest forms of humans that get to walk the earth. A hiccup in the evolution of mankind. Lowlife cowards who hurt animals because they are mad at being born.
When their fighting dogs quit in a fight they kill them, because they do not want them breeding with their other dogs.
We should return the favor so dogfighters do not breed with humans.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Would you like to watch him take some dogs, hang them from a rope and watch them choke to death? Because that is what he did.
Or how about watching him take the dogs that did not die from hanging, and stick their heads in a 5 gallon bucket, and hold them down until they drowned. Yep, he did that too.
Its an activity for the lowest forms of humans that get to walk the earth. A hiccup in the evolution of mankind. Lowlife cowards who hurt animals because they are mad at being born.
When their fighting dogs quit in a fight they kill them, because they do not want them breeding with their other dogs.
approved. :clapping:

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver

I'm confused.

You have an opinion on a subject to which you admit ignorance?
:think:

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Anyone involved in dog fighting is less human than the pooches and should be strung up. Getting kicked out of the NFL should be just the start.

Here is a fairly vanilla description of what we're talking about:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19028969/site/newsweek/

If that's not enough to convince you, there are more graphic descriptions around. Still not enough? Try a google image search for "illegal dog fighting."

SloMoJo

Monkey
Dec 17, 2002
New England
I'm confused.

You have an opinion on a subject to which you admit ignorance?
:think:
Shocking isn't it?
Yes ... and I'm man enough admit it. ;)

Anyway ... I'm now better informed on just how bad the whole doggy fighty thing really is. Looks like it can ruin ya these days.
Nope ... we won't be doing that any time soon.
:plthumbsdown:

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Shocking isn't it?
Yes ... and I'm man enough admit it. ;)

Anyway ... I'm now better informed on just how bad the whole doggy fighty thing really is. Looks like it can ruin ya these days.
Nope ... we won't be doing that any time soon.
:plthumbsdown:
You're not getting into it because it can ruin you? WTF? Otherwise you might check it out?

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
You're not getting into it because it can ruin you? WTF? Otherwise you might check it out?
That's why we have laws and punishment/jail. There's way too many people out there that behave cuz they're afraid of the punishment, not cuz something is morally/socially wrong.

SilentJ

trail builder
Jun 17, 2002
Calgary AB
There's way too many people out there that behave cuz they're afraid of the punishment, not cuz something is morally/socially wrong.
Yep..the anti drunk driving adds around here dont mention a thing about killing yourself or others. They mention how you could lose your licence. :disgust1:

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Yep..the anti drunk driving adds around here dont mention a thing about killing yourself or others. They mention how you could lose your licence. :disgust1:
Now that you mention it, that's exactly the public service announcements here too.

Over the limit. Under arrest.

Spunger

Git yer dumb questions here
Feb 19, 2003
I've been on Ridemonkey for a while now.......and I have to wonder WHY someone would even think dog fighting is something to watch. Vick will get what he has coming to him, hopefully under the new NFL be barred for life (like Pete Rose in Baseball) and loose his money etc... Think about it........sports figured cheat on their significant others, beat them, rape strippers etc....and it's like a blip in the radar. Sure it gets tossed around but of all things Dog Fighting......now that really disturbs people.

I know the wife thing does too, so I'm not saying that's right either, but you get the idea.

Watching some of the videos that are on dog fighting just makes you think how "ghetto" of a sport this is. I guess you can't expect 120 million dollars to take the "ghetto" out of the person. It's amazing how much money these guys can make, for all things.....playing a sport and just toss it away. They're living millions of peoples dreams by getting to suit up on Sundays/Mondays and play football. I don't feel sorry for him one bit.

And it goes to show you that he was guilty all along. If everyone in the case pleads guilty then somethings up. I'm hoping that the law and the NFL will make a bigger case against this then Pacman Jones and really throw the books at him.

I've gone hunting before, fished, done the whole animal thing......but I could never see betting on a dog to fight another dog in my basement while people watch.......then kill the dog by drowing it or worst.....it's just not right.

Well said in your last sentance Jeremy. The dog in my avatar is one I took from one of those low life cowards who used to beat the hell out of him. I offered him another target and wouldn't you know the pu$$y wasn't having any of it. He's been a great dog but still doesn't trust guys (just ask Cecil, Demo Dave and Jack...lol) except me.

Oh, and slomojo don't say stupid sh!t on this subject as it strikes a cord with a lot of people. There are times when the topic is ok to get people flamed up - this is not one of them.

Spunger

Git yer dumb questions here
Feb 19, 2003
Well said in your last sentance Jeremy. The dog in my avatar is one I took from one of those low life cowards who used to beat the hell out of him. I offered him another target and wouldn't you know the pu$$y wasn't having any of it. He's been a great dog but still doesn't trust guys (just ask Cecil, Demo Dave and Jack...lol) except me.

Oh, and slomojo don't say stupid sh!t on this subject as it strikes a cord with a lot of people. There are times when the topic is ok to get people flamed up - this is not one of them.
Props to you jonnynails for adopting a dog. We did so with our cat, though I don't think he was ever abused in any way. I've watched enough Animal Planet that it makes me SICK......like no other, to see how people treat animals. I don't know how you're raised or what, but even the most hillbilly farm boy still doesn't electrocute a dog or drown one. I just shake my head when thinking of what people do to these animals.

I know dogs serve more as a "best friend" than some other animals, but it doesn't take it away what was done was just the lowest form of life someone could do to something else. For me (and my girlfriend) it's our cat; he's our "best friend". I'd feel the same way if they were doing this to an animal like a mouse or hamster.

They use to show this super disturbing public access show on cruelity to animals in science labs and I only watched it to see what they had to say, and to say the least THAT stuff is really disturbing. I don't think I was the same after watching what animals they do tests on etc....

Man the world is one jacked up place when you think about it...