Quantcast

The VT copycat syndrome has started......

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
I have to be in to work early tomorrow so i can babysit at one of our local high schools where a note was found today. It said something along the lines of "this school needs a hero" and "VT was only the beginning...."

..but as the mother of one of my local gangbangers told me yesterday in reference to the way we handle high risk situations (search warrants, barricaded subjects, armed subjects...), "that VT stuff would never happen here 'cause y'all some crazy mother fu$%%# cops over here!" :D

Cooter Brown

Turbo Monkey
May 30, 2002
Snow Hall, tweakin on math
yeah manimal, same crap is going on here. Had to go get the kid yesterday from school because some wanna be thug jackhole called in a bomb threat to all the schools and city hall

f#cking morons I tell ya

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
yeah manimal, same crap is going on here. Had to go get the kid yesterday from school because some wanna be thug jackhole called in a bomb threat to all the schools and city hall

f#cking morons I tell ya
Cooter, good to see you! haven't seen you around lately!

From my perspective, working in a school is tough just after one of these things (VT, or Colombine type events) happens. The staff is super sensetive, the kids are on edge, and local authorities are trying to keep an eye on anyone that sneezes wrong... it is tough times, and will be for a while!

skin6061

Chimp
Jan 4, 2005
Kinda reminds me of my senior yr in high school. At least once a week for about 6 months we would have a bomb threat. Usually it was on a monday or friday. The cops finally figured it out about 9 months after it all started, a kid from another school was calling them in so he buddy didn't have to go to school. THe first two, people were on edge, but after a few months of the same threat we just treated it like an everyday occurance.

monkeyboy424

Turbo Monkey
Mar 19, 2002
Place
my entire campus got locked down last night becasue of a bomb threat... they kicked every one out of all fo the school buidlings, but we were still allowed to stay in the dorms. thats cool, its not like there is a huge mass of people in the dorms or anything. only about 10,000 or so.

it was stupid. every one was scared. i couldn't help but laugh, i was a little pissed that i couldnt get work done in the library, but fugget.

dirtydirtysouf

Deletated
May 23, 2006
the ghetto of winston-salem, nc
I have to be in to work early tomorrow so i can babysit at one of our local high schools where a note was found today. It said something along the lines of "this school needs a hero" and "VT was only the beginning...."
my old HS Mount Tabor here in winston-salem is shut down cause of a bomb threat.......how lame..........and west forsyth is on high alert cause MS-13 is supposed to shoot the school up, lame again