Quantcast

The War with Iran

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Tweet won’t open for me
"Saudi Arabia should fight their own wars, which they won't, or pay us an absolute fortune to protect them and their great wealth-$ trillion! "

Drumpf, 2014

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
My dad just said that he's confident that Trump has a plan for an internal revolution in Iran. This will be different because we're inciting the revolution instead of just plowing through a foreign country like we have in the past. That "the people there don't support the government, which has been killing the population in large numbers". I asked him where he got that, if it was Fox, but he wouldn't respond.

I was at a loss of words with that comment. We stopped talking then because Hannah was conveniently waking up at that point in time.

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
My dad just said that he's confident that Trump has a plan for an internal revolution in Iran. This will be different because we're inciting the revolution instead of just plowing through a foreign country like we have in the past. That "the people there don't support the government, which has been killing the population in large numbers". I asked him where he got that, if it was Fox, but he wouldn't respond.

I was at a loss of words with that comment. We stopped talking then because Hannah was conveniently waking up at that point in time.
Ask him how that worked out for the Kurds, both in Iraq and Syria.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
With an upcoming impeachment trial in the Senate, more Americans disapproving than approving of his presidency, and an election coming up, Trump is trying to cement his position in US politics and play to his base. His term has been marked by no clear domestic or foreign policy agendas, frequent golfing trips that prompt ethical questions about how federal dollars are being spent, and Twitter meltdowns that often do not have anything to do with reality. In short, when Trump ordered the assassinations, his presidency would not necessarily be described as successful.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
I didn't post that to defend trump or even historic US activity in ME, it was just an interesting perspective on the situation.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
your dad must have quite a stash of quaaludes
I was a bit dumbfounded by that one. I asked him what his source for that was, beyond his belief that was the intention, bringing up that it very promptly took the new unredacted emails from DoD saying witholding funds from Ukraine was illegal, out of the news. He then went on a "the impeachment isn't legal until it's sent to the Senate" rant, at which point I killed the conversation. It's just really shitty that my family is tiny, because that kind of shit makes me want to back burner him until he gets his shit clear.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I was a bit dumbfounded by that one. I asked him what his source for that was, beyond his belief that was the intention, bringing up that it very promptly took the new unredacted emails from DoD saying witholding funds from Ukraine was illegal, out of the news. He then went on a "the impeachment isn't legal until it's sent to the Senate" rant, at which point I killed the conversation. It's just really shitty that my family is tiny, because that kind of shit makes me want to back burner him until he gets his shit clear.
you might wanna check the call logs on his phone to see if anything starts with +7

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Ask him how that worked out for the Kurds, both in Iraq and Syria.
Trump has given away Kurdish held territory in Syria to Syria, and what will become a renewed ISIS is now essentially going to have free reign when/if the US gets kicked out of Iraq, because Iraq is pissed that we made them an unwitting accomplice in a modern/real life Red Wedding, absolutely destroying the credibility of the US to negotiate any sort of peace talks, for probably decades. All this so Cheeto Ceausescu can make some bogus claim about "defeating terrorism". So with nothing in return we essentially walk out of the area and cede all control to Iran, Syria and Russia. Not coincidentally, oil prices are spiking and the two countries that benefit most, are Saudi Arabia and Russia and what should have been two giant stories about Ukraine/Bill Barr/DOJ cover-up and a Deutsche Bank whistle blower both get buried.

Someone is #winning, but it sure isn't the Kurds.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Last edited:

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007

e: Looks like Reuters jumped the gun

It's a "reposition".

U.S. Informs Iraqi Government About Repositioning Of Coalition Forces https://www.npr.org/2020/01/06/794040457/u-s-informs-iraqi-government-about-repositioning-of-coalition-forces?sc=18&f=1001

Edit:. Which I realize is what the Reuters article says but NPR has some more detail.

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007
I hope they don’t get lost on way to Saudi Arabia and mistakenly cross the Iranian border.

View attachment 139883
The hangar next to us, (actually a series of hangars) is operated by SNC and they use that space to turn/mod C130s into gunships/spookeys. Parked out side is a large RV that is almost totally unremarkable except for a couple of large-ish bubbles on one side and the roof. I assume they house antenna. I think of that movie every time I see it.

"Settle down Francis". :rofl:

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
The hangar next to us, (actually a series of hangars) is operated by SNC and they use that space to turn/mod C130s into gunships/spookeys. Parked out side is a large RV that is almost totally unremarkable except for a couple of large-ish bubbles on one side and the roof. I assume they house antenna. I think of that movie every time I see it.

"Settle down Francis". :rofl:
One of those gunships was here in Texas the last time I was here. Holy hell that thing is amazing.