The washing of the bike clothes

Washing bike clothes

• Yes, I follow cleaning instructions

Votes: 9 17.6%
  • No, I wash them with everything else

Votes: 35 68.6%
  • I hand wash them

Votes: 3 5.9%
  • I don't understand......"clean them"???

Votes: 4 7.8%

• Total voters

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
This might sound kinda funky but I usually just get home from a ride and hop in the shower with my clothes :eek: Of course I remove them first.

I rinse them well and then use the Dr. Bronner's liquid hemp/peppermint soap and get a good lather going and then rinse down. Then I hang 'em dry or drape over a towel. Bronner's soap has nothing harsh and it's all natural. Plus the mint smell hides funk quite well.

For armor/pads I wash on delicate with very little soap and hang dry as Narlus suggested, secure all the velcro very well! If you don't it can make pills all over your expensive gear. Shoes just get hosed off and then washed on warm and then air dried. Some new high-end road shoe has a peppermint oil impregnated sole to mask odor, I think it's Nike but I can't remember exactly. maybe spritzing the soles with diluted peppermint oil or something like that would help fight the stank.

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
I hand wash my roadie jersey. My shorts get thrown in the wash and my under armor gets machine washed and hung out to dry.