Quantcast

The Watchmen

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Just saw it and liked it. At three hrs there was nothing quick about it. I could have done without the mother-daughter subplot. But whoever played the lead chick was hot like fire. Enough so to forgive the 45 mins of blue dong

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
Just saw it and liked it. At three hrs there was nothing quick about it. I could have done without the mother-daughter subplot. But whoever played the lead chick was hot like fire. Enough so to forgive my 45 mins of drooling over blue dong
Fixed

CdaleTony

Chimp
May 26, 2006
Having only recently picked up the book and read it, I can say the movie was pretty dam good. The montage thing that filled in some backstory was good, and the movie didnt feel 2:40 long.
Comedian and Rorsach are my faves. Blue dong not so much. Nite owl sex scene overdone too.
Thumbs down on the guy in front of me who brought his 3 daughters to this. Ages 6-9 or so. NO exaggeration. :disgust1:
CDT

Leppah

Turbo Monkey
Mar 12, 2008
Utar
I saw it friday. Pretty interesting show. Done very differently. Kinda reminded me of Sin City for some reason, but not quite. Pretty damn brutal. I didn't know it was rated R. Tripped me out when they dropped some eff bombs. More gore than i've ever seen in any other superhero movie. It was good. I didn't read it. But i thought it was still good. Not one of the greatest movies, but definitely worth watching. I haven't seen so much dong since watching some Peter North movies a week ago. But at least in those movies, it served a purpose. I have no idea why they kept showing Dr. Manhattan's wiener. It's not like it was what gave him his powers. Just didn't bring anything to the story other than a bunch of giggling in the theatre.
I'd give it about a 6 out of 10.

maddog17

Turbo Monkey
Jan 20, 2008
Methuen, Mass. U.S.A.
i liked it. never read the books but it makes me want to now just to get a bit more of the story line. i liked the Comedian's character for the little that he was in it, plus Rorschack was interesting too. something about sociopath superheros was a nice interesting twist to all the superman/batman/spiderman feelgood stories. dark and graphic is nice for a change. but having not read the books i didn't feel as lost as i thought i would have been. sometimes when hollywood makes a movie based on a story/book they either leave stuff out or add stuff to make it more interesting. a friend at work had told me that the movie was pretty spot on to the book. i want to go see it again in imax. maybe Dirt wants to go too so he can see the blue schlong in imax???

bitingback

Turbo Monkey
i never read it...didn't actually know of it. thought it was your regular sci-fi superhero movie based on the commercials. a friend went to see it and by the sounds of it...it's WAY too graphic for me. :brow:

from what's been described...the gore alone will keep me from seeing it.

mfreak

Chimp
Feb 12, 2009
i liked it they left some small stuff out from the book witch was fine cause i dident drag it down. the ending was different witch was fine cause it still made sense and fit so no complants. im just glad it wasn't too over the top

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
what gore?

i don't remember it.
splatter on the ceiling. missing arms. the dogs and the leg. there was some gore.

i saw it tonight in IMAX. i dug it greatly.

to the comments above about the blue dong: it was proportionally sized. plus it has a point, if i read wikipedia correctly: the gradual abandonment of clothes is an indicator of dr. manhattan's gradual detachment from humanity

Mar 12, 2009
I have watched it just this afternoon. Yeah, lovely stuff on the movie. Quite comparable to The Dark Knight, what do you think, guys?

:imstupid:

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
I have watched it just this afternoon. Yeah, lovely stuff on the movie. Quite comparable to The Dark Knight, what do you think, guys?

:imstupid:
Heath Ledger could have done a better job as the Silk Spectre than the chick who played her. He is the best actor period in both films.

But the Watchmen is more violent and has more visual impact.

DirtyDog

Gang probed by the Golden Banana
Aug 2, 2005
Heath Ledger could have done a better job as the Silk Spectre than the chick who played her. He is the best actor period in both films.
So you are saying Heath Ledger would look better in a rubber suit? Are you basing that on his performance in Brokeback Mountain?

DirtyDog

Gang probed by the Golden Banana
Aug 2, 2005
splatter on the ceiling. missing arms. the dogs and the leg. there was some gore.

i saw it tonight in IMAX. i dug it greatly.

to the comments above about the blue dong: it was proportionally sized. plus it has a point, if i read wikipedia correctly: the gradual abandonment of clothes is an indicator of dr. manhattan's gradual detachment from humanity
I'm pretty sure all dongs have a point.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
I went and saw it last night. Didn't expect much as I pretty much hate everything...And I was pleasantly surprised. I've not read the book, tried, can't take a comic seriously.

Very well packaged for having so much in it. I would've cut the airship sex scene, or at least changed it...Really? Leonard Cohen and the flamethrower? Fail.

Opening credits are amazing. AMAZING. Haley is stellar as Rorschach. Definitely either a love it or hate it movie. Subject of Morals and Ethics classes at various universities for years to come...sadly.

Inclag

Turbo Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
MA
Worst movie I have ever paid to see. A couple people walked out of it. If I wasn't with 3 others I would have too.

Go at your own risk, but you've been warned.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Not as bad as Hot Fuzz...
If Watchmen is as bad as Inclag says, you, sir are on CRACK.

Hot Fuzz was extremely funny. Maybe if you'd have said "not as bad as 300," or "not as bad as Sin City," or "not as bad as V is for Vendetta (or whatever that retarded cinematographic POS was called)," you might have something going on...

Last edited:

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
I wear my dislike for Hot Fuzz like a badge of honour.

But yeah, 300 was much worse than all of the above.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
As good or better than Dark Knight imo.

Again we're dealing with a comic book movie, if you can't handle witnessing blue dong, go see Slumdog Millionaire or something.

Also greatly enjoyed seeing Coraline a few weeks back.

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
Finally got around to seeing this last night. You were most definitely looking too close. LOL.

All in all not a bad flick.

same here finally got around to seeing it about a week ago and I thought it was ok...now of course I have read the book at least 5 times over the last 15 years or so...but just like most movies once you read the book the movie hardly ever measures up. They left out to much info but it's what I expected for a movie...as far as the blue dong....never even really noticed it...some of you should maybe ask yourselves WHY you noticed his weiner so much ;)

Last edited:

Riding

Monkey
Dec 19, 2006
Millis, MA
same here finally got around to seeing it abouot a week ago and I thought it was ok...now of course I have read the book at least 5 times over the last 15 years or so...but just like most movies once you read the book the movie hardly ever measures up. They left out to much info but it's what I expected for a movie...as far as the blue dong....never even really noticed it...some of you should maybe ask yourselves WHY you noticed his weiner so much ;)
I saw it on DVD as well. I thought it was OK, Funny I didn't read the book, but I came to the same conclusion that stuff was left out. I was lost most of the movie and really couldn't follow the plot. But then again, it's a comic book so I guess the movie following the style of the comic book pretty well since there seemed to be "chapters" even if they weren't noted as such.