Quantcast

The weather was Really Nasty Here last night.

splat

Nam I am
Last Night when I went to bed It was really Nasty out side the wind was really howelling and I was wonmdering if We were going to lose any more roof shingles.

well this morning came and I gave the out side of teh house a Once over and, every thing was OK except for a few brances down.

well Our Neighbors 4 doors down the street weren't so Lucky !

they had 200 year old 150 foot oak fall, on there house ! Thank goodness every one was OK, but the house sustained some sevre damage. the Fire department said they were lucky it did cut the house in 2. the first 2 pics whow the house from the tree side , the last from the other side of the house where a lot of the tree went over , plus they were already starting to clean it up.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
tonyhawk said:
Log ride! :D

Glad to hear nobody was hurt.
That's the first thing I thought! Splat, get out the chainsaw and make some log piles in your roomy backyard! :thumb:

Seriously though, that sucks about the house. I can only imagine what that's going to take to fix 'er back up.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
the tree looks to have a decent amount of rot in the core...we've got a couple of large oaks right near our house which i am a bit worried about. maybe i should take a preventative measure.

glad to hear no one's hurt. trees are heavy!

luken8r

Monkey
Mar 5, 2004
Melrose MA
i had an indoor soccer game last night in Revere at 11pm. I was there no more than 10 minutes when I hear a *BBBZZZAAAAAZZZZZ* from outside and the power goes out; guess a xformer blew or some such thing so the place shut down. I head home and the wind picked up to about 60mph out there and a lot of branches started to fall down. I get home and go to move cars around in the drive way when the sky turns blue and another transformer blows! The wind was blowing pretty hard so I got inside as quick as I could. Would be a bad thing if a line went down and zapped the flooded street I was standing in

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
luken8r said:
<snip> the wind picked up to about 60mph out there and a lot of branches started to fall down.
60mph? That's child's play. Why, out here we routinely get 90+ mph right near the foothills. One time it blew the *windows* out of parked cars at Red Rocks Ampitheatre. :eek:

-S.S.-

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
SkaredShtles said:
60mph? That's child's play. Why, out here we routinely get 90+ mph *cuts off SS*
Yeah yeah yeah....we know...EVERYTHING is bigger, stronger, and more powerful in Colorado. Raindrops weigh six pounds, snowfall is never less than three feet, and the hurricanes are the most powerful on Earth.

:nopity: :nuts:

:p

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
I Are Baboon said:
Yeah yeah yeah....we know...EVERYTHING is bigger, stronger, and more powerful in Colorado. Raindrops weigh six pounds, snowfall is never less than three feet, and the hurricanes are the most powerful on Earth.
Actually, you spelled "Texas" wrong.......... ;)

-S.S.-

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I Are Baboon said:

:nopity: :nuts:

:p
Don't forget the jackasses are much bigger in Co too.
:evil: ;)

luken8r

Monkey
Mar 5, 2004
Melrose MA
SkaredShtles said:
60mph? That's child's play. Why, out here we routinely get 90+ mph right near the foothills. One time it blew the *windows* out of parked cars at Red Rocks Ampitheatre. :eek:

-S.S.-

since when did i say it was the worst weather evar? thats what happend last night
like the weather here has never been bad here before :stosh:

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
i lost power last night for 8 hours. i was asleep for most of it so i didnt notice it. although it did make me late for school but ive got english 1 block so i wasnt complaining.