Quantcast

The Web Monkey Speaks: Sorry. You Were Right.

joeg

I have some obvious biases
Jul 20, 2011
Santa Cruz CA
doing things that are theoretically awesome in a way that is realistically ****ty is an obstacle to public acceptance of actual awesome

Jan 24, 2013
"which was probably made in France"... You don't seem to know that cause you're obviously stuck into nice but ridiculous stereotypes but the chip that appeared in your credit card lately is actually in use in Europe and France in particular (where it was invented in the 70's) since the 80's. Welcome to the future.
I bet Shimano didn't do it at that time cause it was not doable, and that's why Mavic stuff sucked. It's a question of time, period.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Electronic shifting is an upgrade forced on us like Shimano's Dual-Control and low-normal rear derailleurs.

Unlike, let's say disc brakes, there is no massive improvement to the performance or reliability of shifting. If you don't clean your drivetrain, it is not going to work well.

Campy and Shimano may turn the entire peloton electronic, which will create world-wide roadie covet, but the majority of cyclists who use cables will be satisfied.

And I am still waiting for Anonymous to decide to mess with the TdF and start drone-actuated web shifting.