Quantcast

The whacked-by-a-car honor roll

Demomonkey

Monkey
Apr 27, 2005
Auckland New Zealand
Twice when riding as a messenger.

First time my fault, ended up under a truck, rear wheel rolled up onto my head then rolled back again - split the helmet right down the middle. I was unaware it had even happened. No major injury. A christian dude who saw it came up to me and said god was watching over me. Guess he was that day.

Second time had a taxi pull out in front of me. I t-boned the rear passenger door and went over the rear screen and off the back onto the road. That accident screwed my back for months and lead to me quitting the life of a pedaljockey. The money was s**t too.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
I got whaked by a dickhead who blew a stop sign in a forest preserve. His insurance settled up real fast, no questions asked. I should have asked for more. Bitchy forest preserve cop tried to tell me it was my fault too...

mantispf2000

Turbo Monkey
Aug 9, 2001
Nevada, 2 hours from Mammoth
Lake Tahoe, Memorial Weekend, '94 if I recall. Commuting to work, tourist turned in front of me, I go over his hood, break my tailbone, claimed it was my fault for not paying attention to him. Got $7500 out of the deal and all bills paid......

MCHardmanUK

Chimp
Aug 4, 2009
Got twatted by a lorry.

I was on the outside at the lights and he must have moved over by mistake and my bar got cuaght in the trailer and down I went.

Chipped my handlebar and cut my arm up but goes to show my DH bike is made to last.

Atleast the guy stopped but as nothing was broekn I just rode on.

On a side note I have crashed purposly into a cra pulling out on me, was going slow didn't feel like braking so used the car to brake, van drive i nthe que found it hilarious.

I've had many near misses, maybe becasue I go too fast but I'm always ready for someone to pull out on me and they get chased. Like the time a bus hooted me becasue he couldn't get past, I chased him for a few miles and then smashed his windows in.

Last edited:

Straya

Monkey
Jul 11, 2008
Straya
Had someone turn across me when I was trying to ride through an intersection. Fell off mostly because I was pounding on the passenger window and riding with one hand.

Otherwise run into two vehicles at roundabouts. One not so serious but plowed into the side of a jag at speed when he came out in front of me. Was going to get angry but the dude said he was a cyclist too and was possibly the most apologetic and sorry person I've ever seen.

Had my bars clipped by a car mirror too but pretty low speed so I stayed upright.

I've also been rear ended in a car when I had my bikes on the back rack but that was an insurance bonanza so I now actually have fond memories of that one.

w00dy

In heaven there is no beer
Jun 18, 2004
that's why we drink it here
Got twatted by a lorry.

I was on the outside at the lights and he must have moved over by mistake and my bar got cuaght in the trailer and down I went.

Chipped my handlebar and cut my arm up but goes to show my DH bike is made to last.

Atleast the guy stopped but as nothing was broekn I just rode on.

On a side note I have crashed purposly into a cra pulling out on me, was going slow didn't feel like braking so used the car to brake, van drive i nthe que found it hilarious.

I've had many near misses, maybe becasue I go too fast but I'm always ready for someone to pull out on me and they get chased. Like the time a bus hooted me becasue he couldn't get past, I chased him for a few miles and then smashed his windows in.
You sound like a douche.