Quantcast

The "Whatcha Doin' Memorial Day Weekend" Thread

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
I'll start off...

Miz N8 and I are headed down south (5 hrs) to the Cresent City of New Orleans. I got a great deal just now off HotWire on a hotel room at the Hyatt within staggering distance of the French Quarter.

We'll be sitting in the early morning Jackson Square sun, sipping Cafe au Lait and munching beignets at Cafe du Monde Sunday morning...

:)

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Saturday: Ride all day
Sunday: Ride most of the day
Monday: Ride all day

:dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing:

Fill in packing and painting around all the riding.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Originally posted by N8
Is there no upside?
Well.. It gives me an excuse to get mind-numbingly drunk. Does that count?

Also, the upside to the end of any relationship: the rebound woman.

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Originally posted by llkoolkeg
Staggering due to the overpoweringly humid funk of BO, vomit and public urination. Enjoy! :D

That's why the Hurricane drink was invented in Nawlins.... After dinking enough of them, you can still smell the funk, but you just don't give a sh!t anymore...

:p

Repack

Turbo Monkey
Nov 29, 2001
Boston Area
Every Mem wknd I go camping with a group of friends. Same spot every year. Just so happens that the new sight for the New England DH series is Tenney Mtn, about 10 minutes from the campsite! I am leaving within an hour for 4 days of heavy partying and riding. I'll post pics.

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
Originally posted by binary visions
Well.. It gives me an excuse to get mind-numbingly drunk. Does that count?

Also, the upside to the end of any relationship: the rebound woman.
The rebound woman aptly named due to her selection while mind-numbingly drunk when overly plush travel is not frowned upon.

"Fat Bottom Girls", "Whole Lotta Rosie" and "Big Bottom" are already loaded into the MP3 player. :D

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I'm going to my sister's house outside of Baltimore. I'll be riding at Patapsco (sp?) park.

Cooter Brown

Turbo Monkey
May 30, 2002
Snow Hall, tweakin on math
garage sale tomorrow and saturday. new lever body comes in for the hayes tomorrow, put that bad boy on, ride saturday afternoon, sunday and monday morning, pool party monday afternoon.

oh, and get drunk a couple times somewhere in there :cool:

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Originally posted by llkoolkeg
The rebound woman aptly named due to her selection while mind-numbingly drunk when overly plush travel is not frowned upon.

"Fat Bottom Girls", "Whole Lotta Rosie" and "Big Bottom" are already loaded into the MP3 player. :D
Hahahahahahahaha... I'm dyin' here, my coworkers think I'm nuts. That made me feel better. I already have one (non-'plush') on the line but she's too hot to be a rebound girl, so I may give it a month and see about actually having dinner with her ;)

Originally posted by stosh
WHY?
Don't want to kill the thread with my problems, suffice to say there are a lot of irreconcilable differences between us, and in the past 6-8 months or so a very bad (but very ingrained) side of her personality has come up that I simply can't deal with. It's been a while of me going "Maybe if I just do this..." or "Maybe if I just try a little harder..." and I've finally realized my folly; it's not ME with the problem.

C'est la vie.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
moving....ugh!

i have already started a massive purging of $hit.

I wish I was riding at Snowshoe or even staggering around N'awlins. maybe if I have time I might hit the sk8 park, but realistically I think I will have to settle for sum herb-un of the late PM variety.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Originally posted by stosh
OH great! Nobody's given me any real feedback on it.
Terrain is typical East Coast...lots of short ups and downs with a few longer ones. Hard packed dirt which means fast trails and easy pedaling. There are some spots with rocks and roots, but not as much as you will find in New England. It's a fun trail system that you can tell gets used pretty heavily.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Originally posted by I Are Baboon
Terrain is typical East Coast...lots of short ups and downs with a few longer ones. Hard packed dirt which means fast trails and easy pedaling. There are some spots with rocks and roots, but not as much as you will find in New England. It's a fun trail system that you can tell gets used pretty heavily.

I'm taking my sister's boyfriend with me on my Hollowpoint. It's a bit bigger then my trek 8000 so since he's a bit taller I'm going to let him ride that. It's his first mtn bike ride.

Andyman_1970

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2003
The Natural State
Assuming the wifey poo does not go into labor:

Saturday: install attic ventalator (sp?) and ride

Sunday: Chruch and ride (long cambodian death ride on the road)

Monday: take the pup to the dog park for a few hours and ride.

mcA896

Turbo Monkey
Aug 15, 2003
Cape Cod, MA
first, white water rafting in uppner MA, second, OLD COUNTRY BUFFET!, third, 3 days of all the mtb i can handle up in vermont!

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Heading out w/ a co-worker to go Salmon fishing... heading out of halfmoon baby most likely.

- dump

dwaugh

Turbo Monkey
May 23, 2002
Bellingham, Washington ~ U.S.A.
Originally posted by Serial Midget
I'll be racing the road bike portion of the Ski to Sea Relay in Bellingham, WA. It's going to rain and the first 10 miles are down the side of a mountain... :eek:
Where will you be at what times of the day? I usually go down to watch the MTB's come in to transfer to the kayaks, then we make our way to the finish line to watch people come finish. Haha, have fun in the rain! The road should be nice and slick for you, and this road is the one down Mt. Baker, nice and curvy and you will be going fast! :eek: I hope to see you somewhere. My dad is doing XC Skiing, the first leg.
Maybe PM me with details.

Studying for finals. Kill me.
What's your address? :sneaky:

Jr_Bullit

I'm sooo teenie weenie!!!
Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
Tonight: Getting dirty with some bike grease (read: tearing down an old bike, building a new bike, getting old bike ready for sale)

Tomorrow: Drive drive drive, harness up, climb a few rocks, have a yummy dinner in the sunset, curl up in a sleeping bag

Sunday: climb all day long on big beautiful rocks

Monday: climb all day long on big beautiful rocks

Tuesday: mosey my way home nice and slow like

:thumb:

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
1. Riding Chairlifts and 4X in Angel Fire, NM -- DH season hits the Rockies aw HELL jyeah!
2. Epic XC ride from Purgatory to Durango called Hermosa Creek
3. Shuttles in Durango
4. Boozing
5. Probably try to throw in a little wooing of the ladies for good measure! :thumb:

The above list may be changed at the list makers discretion. All terms subject to change. Not valid with any other offer, not necessarily in that order.

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Originally posted by Full Trucker
1. Riding Chairlifts and 4X in Angel Fire, NM -- DH season hits the Rockies aw HELL jyeah!
2. Epic XC ride from Purgatory to Durango called Hermosa Creek
3. Shuttles in Durango
4. Boozing
5. Probably try to throw in a little wooing of the ladies for good measure! :thumb:

The above list may be changed at the list makers discretion. All terms subject to change. Not valid with any other offer, not necessarily in that order.
Oh man... I'll be out in NM in another week... god I can hardly wait!!!

I'm taking a trip from Alb up to Pueblo, CO for my grandmum's 90th b-day.

NM where you can ALWAYS get green chile on your Subway sammich!!!

:)

pixelninja

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Denver, CO
Saturday: full-on spring house cleaning blitz
Sunday: full-on yard work blitz
Monday: Lazy day with the wife and baby. Maybe go for a hike. We'll see.