Quantcast

The "wherethefuckdoesthisbelonganyway" thread

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Look. Let me just save you some time....

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Shouldn’t there just be a trans division? Seems the simplest solution.
From the mental health perspective, I have no issue with it. From the physical imbalances, I do have an issue. Realistically there should be three categories now:

1) Genetically male, no hormonal manipulation
2) Genetically male or female, but hormonal manipulation - but any point
3) Genetically female, no hormonal manipulation. That would include trans female > male who maybe made external changes, but not hormonal. Removing your breast's, while a large physical change, is just visually physical.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Man, that world of competitive swimming which I know you guys hang on with the utmost interest, year round...........

remember that time last year in the olympics when that one athlete was going to completely unfairly change women's weightlifting and then nothing happened? Because I sure as shit do.

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
From the mental health perspective, I have no issue with it. From the physical imbalances, I do have an issue. Realistically there should be three categories now:

1) Genetically male, no hormonal manipulation
2) Genetically male or female, but hormonal manipulation - but any point
3) Genetically female, no hormonal manipulation. That would include trans female > male who maybe made external changes, but not hormonal. Removing your breast's, while a large physical change, is just visually physical.
Still won't work.
Too many with a karyotype that is not XX or XY; about 2%(?) so they don't fit into the nice neat box labeled genetically male or female. To make it even worse, there are also people like the female Olympic medal winning runner Castor Semenya, who is XY, but has wildly high natural testosterone, to the point that she has been banned from international competition, unless she takes T-blockers.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Maybe as a financially secure white man living in a society that completely caters to me, I should realize my opinions on this matter don't mean shit because it's not about me, does not affect me one iota, and that the topic is only brought up in shit corporate media to get a rise out of my worst tendencies as a human being.

Last edited:

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Maybe as a financially secure white man living in a society that completely caters to me, should realize my opinions on this matter don't mean shit because it's not about me, does not affect me one iota, and that the topic is only brought up in shit corporate media to get a rise out of my worst tendencies as a human being.
How about the right or correct answer being about as infinite as there are opinions and individual perceptions of gender and sports competition.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
How about the right or correct answer being about as infinite as there are opinions and individual perceptions of gender and sports competition.
we all exist on a spectrum, and there have always been 'gifted' athletes fucking up the idea of 'fairness'

people had all these same conversations about racially integrated sports decades ago

If you read mykel's post he's hinted at some of the work the governing bodies are doing to at least make an attempt. It ain't perfect but reading shit on shit news sites is not going to inform anyone, because that's not the reason it's being 'covered'

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Serious question: do people really care about this? Is water particularly expensive where their station is or something?
This was my thought. Also, when on shift, you can't really "run to the car wash" and also you might not be on a call, yet all the government vehicles are washed.

1. Can't believe folks complained
2. The news was slow enough to call attention to these folks

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
This was my thought. Also, when on shift, you can't really "run to the car wash" and also you might not be on a call, yet all the government vehicles are washed.

1. Can't believe folks complained
2. The news was slow enough to call attention to these folks
Yeah I have a lot better and more pressing examples of 'gov't abuse' in portland these days.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Gallup have polling that estimates 24% of Americans don’t know who the US gained independence from. I’m gonna go out on a limb here and say that the Venn diagram of those fuckwits and those on the right of the political spectrum who have a high correlation.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
we all exist on a spectrum, and there have always been 'gifted' athletes fucking up the idea of 'fairness'

people had all these same conversations about racially integrated sports decades ago

If you read mykel's post he's hinted at some of the work the governing bodies are doing to at least make an attempt. It ain't perfect but reading shit on shit news sites is not going to inform anyone, because that's not the reason it's being 'covered'
Age and level of competition seem like enough parameters at this point in time. Gender is a hot mess and not going to be miraculously ironed out and agreed upon. Let people be whoever they want to be, just remove the portion of the system that isn't caught up to the times.