Quantcast

The "wherethefuckdoesthisbelonganyway" thread

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Negative. Have a buddy from way back who just got a huge raise and bonus - that wasn't his year-end comp. No change to his responsibilities, just a fat raise and bonus for having both stayed on and hoping he stays. Also allowing him more flexibility than he already has.

He's been debating moving from Oakland to Denver, but they have historically wanted him in office 4-days per week and if he moves out of state, he's responsible for his flights and such. They're now giving him the option of living remote, they pay for his flights, but he needs to cover lodging. No change to comp for location though - so he'd be getting high SF finance income while living in CO. He's really debating renting a room for those 3-days/week and moving to CO now.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
thoughts?
Generally, speeding is something that’s fairly common and kinda forgivable, as long as it’s within a range. There’s certainly a crossover into more dangerous areas, and I’ve noticed it getting out of hand in LA lately. Street racing seems to be a daily event. Changing lanes on the highway can be dangerous when you check your mirror and nobody is there but as you start to change lanes a speeding bullet is suddenly where you were planning on going.

A few years ago I got clipped by a guy on the freeway who was probably going over 100 when I was around 70. Minor body damage to me and my car, but shit was a lot worse for the car he directly impacted.

Years ago I was on surface streets and leaving a parking lot at the same time as a lead footed friend. They’d gas it at every green. At every red, I’d pull up right behind them, for about 5 miles. I figured that you really need to gun it in the city to truly make time, and it’s not worth the risk.

Also had a friend whose dad was killed on a Sunday morning beach trip in a sleepy town. Some dude was late for work and blew through a red at full speed, t-boned the car on the driver’s side and pushed a bunch of broken ribs through his lungs. The dad bled out gasping for breath with his wife in the passenger seat.

Last edited:

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
The shit with the school district here is getting out of control.

IMG_6873.jpg

These were put into cars of just union teachers around the district. My (and Wifey's) FTS levels are getting real low.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
That spelling is clearly proof why being taught by unionized teachers is bad.
A good private education would have taught betterer!
You know what drives me bananas about that "flyer" - *every* word has the first letter capitalized... except for three instances of "and" and three instances of "the"...

Fucking psychopath put that together... :panic:

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
At least he wasn't trying to justify speeding with math like stoney
10+ vs 3x. Those are very, VERY different conversations. I can could the number of times I've gone over 100mph on a public road on two fingers. Both in the M, a car designed to, and both in the middle of fucking nowhere (WY and CO plains) by myself. Both were quick fun bursts which topped at 125-135mph and both I was around nobody.

I don't feel bad about my speeding, but I do it with reasonable pace vs. traffic, given conditions. Not everyone does. Those are the assholes.