rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

A similar root of different words that almost all english speakers use is the use of cow and beef. The british nobility used to speak french so they ate "boeuf" while the poors only got to raise cows. So the animal had roots in old english and the food from french.

also see:

Pig, pork (porc)
Chicken, poultry (poulet)

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Goddam people are fuckin' morans. :mad: :rant:
that's a joke that some dumbass news aggregator fell for

Then, one guy, Jeremy Piatt, launched a GoFundMe for the artist. Titled, “Get Kanye Out of Debt,” the page is still public and raised $57,398 of $53,000,000 goal. “It doesn’t look like he’s going to get Mark Zuckerberg’s help that he desperately needs,” Piatt wrote. “Sure he is personally rich and can buy furs and houses for his family, but without our help, the true genius of Kanye West can’t be realized.”

notes.JPG

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
incel club?
Imma guess there's probably a pretty discoverable pipeline from christian fundamentalist suppression to school shootings in an LDS context.

I don't know how much time you've spent around mormons but the SLC area ones are just so.......barbie doll naive and incredibly nice and polite.

Idaho or southern utah/NV mormons......they already got arsenals.

Orange county mormons are just typical rich dicks, irrespective of particular goofy belief system.

Last edited:

Fool

The Thing cannot be described
Sep 10, 2001
Brooklyn
This crosses so many threads, so it's going into the WTFDTBA garbage pile. These are consecutive ads in today's NYT main section. What's a neolib to do? Invest in LNG futures and get rid of their Tesla? Crazypants! What'll they say at the NY Racket & Tennis Club?

IMG_2666.jpg

IMG_2667.jpg

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Bike content: I rode a bike today.
Rant content:
To reward myself for riding a bike today, I got a pint of Ben and Jerry’s Phish Food.
And…it didn’t have ANY damn marshmallow!
The machine must have run out. That’s my favorite part. It was like having a tootsie pop with no tootsie.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
This crosses so many threads, so it's going into the WTFDTBA garbage pile. These are consecutive ads in today's NYT main section. What's a neolib to do? Invest in LNG futures and get rid of their Tesla? Crazypants! What'll they say at the NY Racket & Tennis Club?

View attachment 184328
View attachment 184329

1999 called, and they're blown away that their LNG ad is still useful.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
I spent yesterday looking over my region’s voting options. As I reviewed some of the pro/con/rebuttals items in the booklets that accompanied the ballot I noticed that several arguments were made by libertarian folks and they all had similar characteristics. Lots of all-caps statements. Lots of arguments consisted of pages of “you are a chump if you vote for this” or “vote hell no” or “our government should be ashamed” with no explanation. One rebuttal even called for voters to “vote no as many times as you are legally able to!” Nothing about why a measure or policy was particularly bad for any specific reasons or arguments, just inflammatory emotional language.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
I spent yesterday looking over my region’s voting options. As I reviewed some of the pro/con/rebuttals items in the booklets that accompanied the ballot I noticed that several arguments were made by libertarian folks and they all had similar characteristics. Lots of all-caps statements. Lots of arguments consisted of pages of “you are a chump if you vote for this” or “vote hell no” or “our government should be ashamed” with no explanation. One rebuttal even called for voters to “vote no as many times as you are legally able to!” Nothing about why a measure or policy was particularly bad for any specific reasons or arguments, just inflammatory emotional language.
I found the book of faces to be actually useful in several of our local races to suss out the batshit crazy candidates. :D