Quantcast

The "wherethefuckdoesthisbelonganyway" thread

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
"This burger tastes like I am an idiot"

yeti has joined the gentrification train

the amount of money they give to groups trying to close public lands that their customers use their products on is pretty astounding these days

I have an idea of where to put one of those skillets

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
yeti has joined the gentrification train

the amount of money they give to groups trying to close public lands that their customers use their products on is pretty astounding these days

I have an idea of where to put one of those skillets
Joined? I assumed they picked their name so they had the same brand recognition as the bike company. A $400 skillet makes more sense than what is essentially a $350 plastic box.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Joined? I assumed they picked their name so they had the same brand recognition as the bike company. A $400 skillet makes more sense than what is essentially a $350 plastic box.
That's like JP morgan picking the name of the local credit union for cred. Magnitudes of difference in market. They probably sent a letter to yeti bikes when they started that just said 'suck my dick' it's such a different universe of money. Everyone buys coolers. Only people who want discount dental work buy yeti bikes.

they used to market to hunters

now they give money to keep them off public lands because they smelt somma that patagonia money

Last edited:

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
I have a great idea, can I also have $113M?

Can you type dumb shit into a reply box that sounds like a human?

Yes I'm encouraging you to scam people.

Remember the small arcade format video games in the 80s you could put a quarter in, type a sentence and then it would recite your text in a wargames sound dumb robot voice? There was one in a showbiz/chucky cheese by my house when I was a kid.

But anyway that's what they're throwing money at. Depending on how fast your google fu on another computer is, I think you can do it.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Wasn’t this just called Vapor-Ware in the 90’s?
:stupid: In 2001 Flatrock failed to get funding because VC funds were drying up. We had a product and paying customers but needed $20M round B to get us to the next level. We couldn't find it because everyone had lost so much on startups who never produced a product. It was heartbreaking.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Last edited:

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Unless the Sun goes supernova much earlier than predicted.
POOF…all of it, gone.
If there have ever been other civilizations/life throughout time and space, it is likely this is what happened to them, gone without a trace.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
$15/hour + tips, or $30/hour and no tips? I've only gotten a couple tips when I drove tow truck, so it's never been a portion of my pay. Same for commission, I make straight pay.

i tipped the tow truck driver 50 bucks when i had a flat in the middle of nowhere trout creek montana on a sunday morning....

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
$15/hour + tips, or $30/hour and no tips? I've only gotten a couple tips when I drove tow truck, so it's never been a portion of my pay. Same for commission, I make straight pay.

I wonder if this means they are also offering B.O.H. a $30 hr. wage as well?
Because if not, hoo boy. Mr Hanky might show up in the flan.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
i tipped the tow truck driver 50 bucks when i had a flat in the middle of nowhere trout creek montana on a sunday morning....
I got regifted a box of chocolates on Christmas morning for changing a flat and got a $20 for bringing a gallon of gas to a guy at 2am in the middle of nowhere. It was a nice gesture, but I would have rather slept. That was $25 from AAA (minimum payout) and $20 from homeboy for almost 3 hours of work. At least I had the gallon on the truck already.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Yamaha pulling the plug on snowmobiles in Canada. No idea if it is regional or every country.

<edit> Apparently not new news. First I've heard of it as a friend just sent me the notice.
it's worldwide

they haven't been making sleds for the last 6-7 years anyway. they were putting blue plastic and stickers on arctic cats

the day they decided to not pursue their own development around 2015 and hitch themselves to an already growingly crappy company (arctic cat) was the day the doors really closed

couple that with the weird decision to only make 4 strokes which absolutely suck on anything but a tourist groomer

nobody bought their shit ever again

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
Italy is offering up the Colosseum for the Billionaire Bitch Handbag duel.

I'm thinking we invoke the old rules. Only one leaves.

Oh ya, Lions, there should be Lions.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Italy is offering up the Colosseum for the Billionaire Bitch Handbag duel.

I'm thinking we invoke the old rules. Only one leaves.

Oh ya, Lions, there should be Lions.
they gonna rebuild the floor?