Quantcast

The "wherethefuckdoesthisbelonganyway" thread

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
this state is so douchey

“I just can’t imagine what would be going through someone’s mind that would compel them to do that because it’s not just a landmark, people interact with it,” Joyce Lee told KGO.

THEY KISS THE STATUE, THEY TALK TO THE STATUE, THE PUT THEIR THINGIES INTO THE STATUE. WE TREAT THESE PEOPLE AS IF THEY ARE MENTALLY STABLE.

Go put that exact same thing up somewhere else and watch people lose their fucking minds over how disrespectful it is to the "natural environment"

Years ago someone dragged an old 70s era looking slot machine up to a trail that crosses the nv/ca stateline and had a plasma cut sign welded to it that said "welcome to nevada". Pretty pro installation on a buried pole that wasn't going anywhere. I tried to rock it back and forth to see if they'd done their homework, they had. Fucking badass.

Karen obviously called the forest service because it was gone a few days later (I used to ride this trail almost every other day).

If someone unknown like that does something awesome it's pollution. If it was there the first time someone saw the trail or installed by some aRtIsT™ it becomes a cultural landmark that must be pRoTeCtEd

I hate the people in this state. I really really hate the people in this state. Props to whomever took the makita up there.

Last edited:

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator

And you (CA/OR) get Berkeley pit and you get a pit... and you get a pit...

It does make me wonder what minerals future monkeys can harvest from the sediment layers of the Berkeley pit in a couple hundred million years.

:rockout:
there have been protests over (supposed) native sovereign tribe rights on that deposit for the last 2 years

which basically goes to show that manifest destiny is still alive and well

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
In the Navy, my buddy decided it was to far to climb when we were on a paint float. Just as he dropped trou, a sight seeing boat came buy and many photos were taken. :rofl:

It looked just like that with him holding the railing with one hand so he didn't fall in
That’s how it’s done on steep mountain sides as well. Er, so I’ve heard…

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
“If you lose an item in an outhouse toilet, do not attempt to venture inside the containment area. Serious injury may occur,” state police said in the release.

I can think of a worse thing that happens....
I can tell you that the only time I use a public pit toilet is when things are at emergency levels and if I roll into one and someone is down in that pit, they are going to have to suffer some additional injury before any aid is offered. I suspect direct eye contact with that individual would be forever intense or awkward.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
I'm constantly working around recreation areas in the middle of nowhere because of dams, and have to use those things all the time. One did claim a phone. It was never even a thought.

watches should come with some kind of retention strap so that doesn't happen.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I'm constantly working around recreation areas in the middle of nowhere because of dams, and have to use those things all the time. One did claim a phone. It was never even a thought.

watches should come with some kind of retention strap so that doesn't happen.

You could just not play with your phone while atop a pile of raw sewage. I know O-Chain arguments are important, but the people of this world can wait a few minutes.