Quantcast

The "wherethefuckdoesthisbelonganyway" thread

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Why do I hear @stoney saying this?

“The fact that high annual exceptional growth rates have been an exceptional phenomenon and cannot be maintained at the same level over years should have been clear from common sense alone,”

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
People asked me why I left LA in 1978 and never went back. My answer was I didn't want to live where the air and the ground were the same shade of brown and trees only grow in squares cut of the concrete.

This confirms my choice (and it was worse back then) From a study just released by the American Lung association:
"Though California is typically one of the first states to be up on the latest health trends, it houses some of the most polluted cities in the country. Six Golden State cities in particular top the list for being the most polluted places in America.
According to a list compiled by the American Lung Association, the most polluted cities in California are Los Angeles (ranking as the most polluted city in the country), Visalia, Bakersfield, Fresno, Sacramento, and San Diego, rounding out the top eight most polluted cities in the entire country"

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Speaking of winning.

The tax lien for $549,435.26, which was recorded in Palm Beach County on September 1, is the latest sign of Giuliani’s financial struggles as he faces millions of dollars in legal bills amid a number of lawsuits and criminal charges. The former New York City mayor has publicly mentioned in court his struggle to pay for mounting legal fees and adverse court decisions, while even more are expected to pile up in the future.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
PSA: Imaginary money lacks liquidity.

The financial services company pointed out that a more "concentrate number of liquidity providers or node operators could act as a single point of failure, or become targets for attacks, or collude to create an oligopoly that would promote their own interests at the expense of the interests of the community.” This would, of course, endanger the financial health of the Ethereum network, which powers many non-fungible tokens (NFTs) and the world’s second-largest cryptocurrency, ether. Ethereum has a market cap of more than $198 billion.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
rednecks

part two

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Last edited:

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Nihilism Alert!
What's the point, really. I'm gonna e-bike in the Wilderness, eat too much salt, sleep in until 11:00.

Nihilism Alert!
What's the point, really. I'm gonna e-bike in the Wilderness, eat too much salt, sleep in until 11:00.
1982... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pangaea_Proxima