Quantcast

The "wherethefuckdoesthisbelonganyway" thread

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
I clicked over to Fox News as I often do, to see what "they" are saying about current events. I caught a long form commercial for Mr. Pillow-biter guy and his new book. It's a funny, cringeworthy and transparent cash grab. "freedom, God, crack, 'Murica ..." It's all there!

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I clicked over to Fox News as I often do, to see what "they" are saying about current events. I caught a long form commercial for Mr. Pillow-biter guy and his new book. It's a funny, cringeworthy and transparent cash grab. "freedom, God, crack, 'Murica ..." It's all there!
Reminds me of the TV preacher from James Bond, License to Kill (as I wasn't aware of the US TV evangelical preachers growing up).

Give just 10 more dollars...

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

View attachment 157886

Cut income tax + increase sales tax is simply moving towards a more regressive tax rate. Put the burden on the people who spend 100% of their paychecks to survive and remove the burden on those who have disposable income that can be reinvested. I assume this will also come with cuts to programs that the poor depend on.

I guess the good part is that West Virginia has a lot of poor people to feed off of.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Cut income tax + increase sales tax is simply moving towards a more regressive tax rate. Put the burden on the people who spend 100% of their paychecks to survive and remove the burden on those who have disposable income that can be reinvested. I assume this will also come with cuts to programs that the poor depend on.

I guess the good part is that West Virginia has a lot of poor people to feed off of.

Almost as bad as a flat tax. Maybe worse.
My ex boss used to love consumption tax idea: it’s fair because it’s based on what you spend.

Atomic Dog

doesn't have a custom title yet.
Oct 22, 2002
In the basement at Weekly World News

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I'm curious as to what alterations he asked the bike shop for "Due to his size and weight".
136kg isn't that much.

But when you design something you identify certain requirements and parameters the product has to perform to. If someone exceeds those parameters and you have knowledge of it, not only is it unconscionable to sell it to them but it can open you up to significant liability. Honestly they did the right thing.

You can fault them for not designing around more extreme body types, but I wouldn't buy a bike optimized for someone who weighs 300 lbs and I am guessing that people who weigh 300lbs don't generate a lot of revenue for the athletic equipment market (non motorized).

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Did you hear the Montana senator waxing nostalgic about how meth used to be "home grown" but was being displaced by product coming from the Mexican cartels?

:rofl:
Probably doesn't like not getting the local discount anymore.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Congressman Creepy apparently showed nude photos and video of women he claimed to have had sex with to other lawmakers on the House floor.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Congressman Creepy apparently showed nude photos and video of women he claimed to have had sex with to other lawmakers on the House floor.

It's always projection.