jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
This is such bullshit. Its the wilderness not fucking Disneyland. It's dangerous, and it should remain that way. Even the courts have ruled that the government is under no obligation to protect you from hazards on nature. There are signs warning of danger on the cables. that day there was a posted Thunderstorm warning that the rock would become slippery when wet. The father and daughter read the signs and decided to accept the risk and went up. Thunderstorm hit rock got wet she slipped and died. Yeah that sucks but just like we hate sanitized trails for bikes, don't sanitize the rocks either. Hell yank the cables an return it to its original really dangerous state,

I climbed in Yosemite for over 10 years shit happens. I had friends get badly injured and a couple died. shit happens...

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
" located in a concrete bunker underneath Sparks' home."

Totally normal behavior...
He was working on some projects.

The cops definitely had a few notes on this guy before they went over. I can’t imagine bringing out the rook and demolishing a house is SOP in a search unless you’re fairly certain the people you are looking for aren’t alive in the building you’re crushing. I can’t imagine they were going to dust for fingerprints after playing the big bad wolf.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Don't ever change, America.
‘1000-Lb. Sisters’ Star Amy Slaton Left Zoo on a Stretcher After Camel Bite Prior to Her Arrest

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
One thing I have been thinking about lately.

With the talk of the lack of affordable EV's, the plethora of big expensive pick-ups and suv's (EV, Hybrid or plain old ICE) and the growing lack of availability of even basic small car models. ( Hello Ford et al ) We ( US and Canada ) have a serious problem with homelessness, including the working homeless and people resorting to living in their cars... With the cost and availability of used cars getting a bit outrageous, I'm thinking the problem is going to get exponentially worse. One breakdown or just the inability to afford a decent beater - without a source of affordable used vehicles, coupled with the way we have designed our cities and towns around the car we are heading for much more trouble. I remember when a new car loan was 36 or 48 months, now we are seeing 84 months on used cars. How is this sustainable for the "average" working stiff, let alone those at the bottom of the sociology-economic ladder?

Am I huffing chain-lube again or are we staring at a serious problem?

PS - Sorry about the disjointed ramble, new brain meds I'm still adapting to are giving me problems with my normally erudite prose. :rofl:
Just say not to TBI's. :shakefist:

Last edited:

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
One thing I have been thinking about lately.

With the talk of the lack of affordable EV's, the plethora of big expensive pick-ups and suv's (EV, Hybrid or plain old ICE) and the growing lack of availability of even basic small car models. ( Hello Ford et al ) We ( US and Canada ) have a serious problem with homelessness, including the working homeless and people resorting to living in their cars... With the cost and availability of used cars getting a bit outrageous, I'm thinking the problem is going to get exponentially worse. One breakdown or just the inability to afford a decent beater - without a source of affordable used vehicles, coupled with the way we have designed our cities and towns around the car we are heading for much more trouble. I remember when a new car loan was 36 or 48 months, now we are seeing 84 months on used cars. How is this sustainable for the "average" working stiff, let alone those at the bottom of the sociology-economic ladder?

Am I huffing chain-lube again or are we staring at a serious problem?

PS - Sorry about the disjointed ramble, new brain meds I'm still adapting to are giving me problems with my normally erudite prose. :rofl:
Just say not to TBI's. :shakefist:
There’s a slightly bigger problem that’s caused by those bigger cars:

IMG_9115.jpeg