Quantcast

The "wherethefuckdoesthisbelonganyway" thread

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Probably could go in a few threads. Probably decking.'
Utah-based Lions Not Sheep and its owner, SeanWhalen, were slapped with a $211,335 fine last week after the FTC found the company removed “Made in China” tags, replacing them with fake “Made in the USA” labels, according to a FTC news release.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator

The area with the most destruction would be the Central Valley of California, including Sacramento, Fresno and Bakersfield, the study’s authors project.

No biggie, just the poors.

Should mix well with this

Poops McDougal

moving to australia
May 30, 2007
Central California
Thats some high minded elitist bullshit right there. Whole lotta people of every stripe in the central valley.
You’re both correct. The conservatives who don’t believe in climate change certainly make more noise around here, so they seem like the majority.

I may be mistaken, but I believe Fresno county leans democrat. Not sure that’s the case in Tulare, Kings, Kern, etc.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
There are also (wait for it) millions and millions of people everywhere who go to their jobs, hang out with their families, do not vote, and don't focus on politics being the source and solution to all the political woes of their "side"

If 'conservative' were a marker for death, rideit and I both would be wiped out based on the voting patterns of our counties. It's an easy way to dismiss entire regions being killed. That's kinda fucked up.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
I don’t think anyone here is seriously advocating for the wholesale destruction of life and based on political leanings of an area - I’m certainly not.
Of course. But it's the same language that now accompanies a lot of red state abortion laws. "well they voted for this"

It's a casual dismissal of many many people who not only fight the madness but are subject to its consequences due to absolutely nothing on their part. It's an easy method of convincing one's self to not care, and hence do nothing.

And no, I'm not addressing anything you said.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
San Francisco/Bay area is one of the most conservative populations in the country. It doesn't take a proud boy shirt to make stupidity and intolerance great again.

North bay is far worse even.

Go try to ride a mountainbike on singletrack on mt tam on a saturday and then get back to me about the response you get from rich white fucks regarding science and tolerance.

Anyone who thinks 'voting democrat' in CA for a millisecond has anything do with climate change, please visit one of our highways surrounding population centers any day of the week, and remind yourself who's been controlling state gov't for the last half century.

Last edited:

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
I don’t think anyone here is seriously advocating for the wholesale destruction of life and based on political leanings of an area - I’m certainly not.
Eh, it's playing out already in real time re: disparate life expectancy in poverty Bible Belt states like Mississippi vs. liberal "utopias" like Massachusetts.

Too see Covid death rates in Blue vs. Red Counties.

#ViralMutationsSayFuckYourFeelings

Of course. But it's the same language that now accompanies a lot of red state abortion laws. "well they voted for this"

It's a casual dismissal of many many people who not only fight the madness but are subject to its consequences due to absolutely nothing on their part. It's an easy method of convincing one's self to not care, and hence do nothing.

And no, I'm not addressing anything you said.
Eh, I think in your example those NoCal anti-bike zealots would still be considered far more 'liberal' and engaged on most issues than the average American.

I get what you're putting out re: writing off the liberal minorities in Red States -- Montana needs more hippies.

And that is certainly the plan in TX/FL elsewhere is to make their MAGA infested shitholes so repugnant to left-ward leaning folks as to "gerrymander" their way to stupidity via brain drain, and anyone capable of leaving doing so.

Bluer states will trend bluer as well.

Urban growth vs rural decay should display a similar dynamic regarding in-state emmigration across the country.

That said, I won't spend a penny of my vacation dollars in any of those Roe-hating states, or most of the south for that matter.

At a certain point you vote with your money, and fuck those guys.

ETA: IMO the true bugaboo is that sensible (secular humanist) types don't breed with the fecundity of the so stupid it burns types, so it always feels like an uphill playing field.

Last edited:

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
What Im saying is that modern liberalism is extremely conservative. The term neoliberalism exists for a reason. Especially when bigger bank accounts are in play.

Thinking in terms of red and blue isnt only just insufficient, its deliberately ignoring reality. Some of the most controlling manipulative populations in the country are "liberal." Same with how dogmatic and intolerant.

Last edited: