Quantcast

The "wherethefuckdoesthisbelonganyway" thread

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Mah jerb!

In Poland, there is a LARP group @4thofJulyLarp that roleplays as contemporary Americans. They just come together and show off their most American-ish outfits and act out various scenarios that they imagine would happen in the USA. It’s brilliant. Real Americans, please let us know in the comments if they got it right!

View attachment 179824

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Lol, this is great.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Cause it’s funny. I assume it might not be real. Even if it is, dude rolled away unharmed in any way.
And if his car was more beat up? If his skin was black? If his plate was from a place that douche didn't approve of?

Sorry but no amount amount of rage discretion from public employees with authority to kill is funny. Even if it results in some bro companionship that ends in a null set. Because it very legally may not have.

These jobs, with that sort of power, an obvious attractant to people with anger control issues should not exist.

I'm sure even mussolini had some moments of humanity. Doesn't make him relatable.

And yeah that is kind of ridiculous levels of audio and video preservation. So if it's staged, what's the point of making it? To humanize the people who regularly have those interactions but then kill someone? For me, that kind of shit makes me nauseous to be honest. It's like watching some of the russian propaganda shit making the rounds the last few months.

Last edited:

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
I was enjoying the text on that post giving instructions to other people. Because that moron obviously isnt familiar with how fabrics and rocks work.

The climbing world seems pretty saturated with this kind of shit. Dumbest people on earth telling other people how to do things.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
I was enjoying the text on that post giving instructions to other people. Because that moron obviously isnt familiar with how fabrics and rocks work.

The climbing world seems pretty saturated with this kind of shit. Dumbest people on earth telling other people how to do things.
3-4 times a week we would respond to Castle Rock State park in the Santa Cruz Mountains during the summer for fallen rock climbers, falls from 20 to 100 feet usually from failed anchors, inattentive belayer or spotter on boulder problems. I was usually in charge of setting up the rope rescue systems to haul them out in a stokes litter then get them up to a helicopter landing zone. I was always amazed at the stupid anchor set ups that we would find. After we took care of the injured I would take the time to teach their buddies safe anchor techniques in hopes of avoiding repeat customers.

simple shit like run the rope through carabiners clipped to the webbing on the anchors instead of running the top rope over the webbing :banghead:

Last edited:

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
@eric strt6

Gotcha. FB has fixed itself, so - I can see!

Never got into climbing seriously. Went out with my buddy a dozen times.
Don't remember a whole lot, but do remember a shit ton of heavy straps wrapped around trees and boulders leading to the cliff face. There was abrasion protection everywhere, especially protecting any tree trunks used as an anchor. The conservation area was pretty strict about damage. I vaguely think there was something either on rope or on the cliff face for abrasion protection as well, but that I can't remember as I was a bit preoccupied with the next part. This was the first time not hiking to the bottom and just climbing and belaying, but helping to set up the rope. I was more focused on climbing over the edge on my first repel and getting the technique of using the figure 8 correct so I didn't die.

Edit - And the damn shoes... Effective - YES! Comfortable - Not so much.

Last edited:

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210

…It rises in your throat like a gag reflex, the instinct to scream when you learn that people (mostly men, often in the tech industry) are paying $70,000 to $150,000 for the promise of stretching a mere three inches taller. (By this measure, multiple pairs of Louboutins are a smart, affordable alternative.) As much as I want to snark at the absurdity of such a procedure—one that involves steadily cranking surgically implanted nails in your legs each day, like an orthodontist tightening one’s braces—honestly, I get it.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.

…It rises in your throat like a gag reflex, the instinct to scream when you learn that people (mostly men, often in the tech industry) are paying $70,000 to $150,000 for the promise of stretching a mere three inches taller. (By this measure, multiple pairs of Louboutins are a smart, affordable alternative.) As much as I want to snark at the absurdity of such a procedure—one that involves steadily cranking surgically implanted nails in your legs each day, like an orthodontist tightening one’s braces—honestly, I get it.
Many years ago, the orthopedic doc who put my shattered leg back together slightly crooked suggested that I have my leg re-broken so they could straighten it out. I suggested that he go fuck himself. I just cant fathom the sort of vanity one would have to posses to voluntarily to that to themselves.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK

Have you ever tried to play basketball in Louboutins? People are achieving their dreams. My parents said I could.

1663700502695.png

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
No one has told me yet if this tastes good. If it does, my mind is open.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210

View attachment 182242
We‘re still doing this?
Story from nearly a year ago.