Quantcast

The "wherethefuckdoesthisbelonganyway" thread

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
I found the book of faces to be actually useful in several of our local races to suss out the batshit crazy candidates. :D
There were a few times I was considering voting a certain way and then I saw the lunatics supporting the same position and I’d think “I can’t align myself with those knuckleheads.”

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Compassion, loss, grief, tears

I was fueling my transport vehicle this afternoon and I looked up and there was this woman staring at me with a puzzled look on her face. She was familiar, it took me a few seconds to place her. She asked me if I did dialysis transports? I said yes. She said to Livermore? Yes I replied. She said she used to take her mom there. I said I know, you were were always by her side making sure she was ok. Then she said her mom passed away about a year ago ( which I knew). I asked how she was doing and she said not so good, I feel so empty inside without her (she teared up at that point).

I said she was so lucky to have you. So many of the folks that go there have been dumped in nursing homes and have no one. You returned the care and love she gave you at the beginning of your life with comfort, care and companionship at the end of hers. You were there for her when it mattered the most. You gave her a wonderful gift, we all go at some point and she went with love.

Now its time for you to live. to find something that brings you joy, to hug and love your husband and children so that they will be there for you. Your mom will always be with you in your head, share how she was with others.

Then we hugged, tears were running down her face. I said take care, she said thank you so much. She touched something in me and I hope I was able to help her.

Last edited:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river

I was fueling my transport vehicle this afternoon and I looked up and there was this woman staring at me with a puzzled look on her face. She was familiar, it took me a few seconds to place her. She asked me if I did dialysis transports? I said yes. She said to Livermore? Yes I replied. She said she used to take her mom there. I said I know, you were were always by her side making sure she was ok. Then she said her mom passed away about a year ago ( which I knew). I asked how she was doing and she said not so good, I feel so empty inside without her (she teared up at that point).

I said she was so lucky to have you. So many of the folks that go there have been dumped in nursing homes and have no one. You returned the care and love she gave you at the beginning of your life with comfort, care and companionship at the end of hers. You were there for her when it mattered the most. You gave her a wonderful gift, we all go at some point and she went with love.

Now its time for you to live. to find something that brings you joy, to hug and love your husband and children so that they will be there for you. Your mom will always be with you in your head, share how she was with others.

Then we hugged, tears were running down her face. I said take care, she said thank you so much. She touched something in me and I hope I was able to help her.
You're a good man, Eric. Keep up the good work. :thumb:

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Wow.... That's quite the story.

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006

I came here to make a post I thought worth posting. Then I read this. That was so powerful I cried. Some Topics will due that to Avy. It really hit Home and I Thank You for such Kindness in a World of Hate Brother. You Brought her Joy and Hope. I tried to read it to the Wife,and it was too much for the Borh of us,I stopped at the second paragraph.

Avy

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
I came here to make a post I thought worth posting. Then I read this. That was so powerful I cried. Some Topics will due that to Avy. It really hit Home and I Thank You for such Kindness in a World of Hate Brother. You Brought her Joy and Hope. I tried to read it to the Wife,and it was too much for the Borh of us,I stopped at the second paragraph.

Avy
Thank you