Quantcast

The "wherethefuckdoesthisbelonganyway" thread

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
A fundamentalist christian guy once said that he measured potential communities by their ease of influence and also strategic importance. The more strategic, generally the harder to unfluence.

This guy chose Moscow ID as an easier place to control and also of strategic value do to UofI.

Dude owns a printing press for homeschool kids as well as a private christian college for those kids. Would you believe it if I told you he has own church?

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
A fundamentalist christian guy once said that he measured potential communities by their ease of influence and also strategic importance. The more strategic, generally the harder to unfluence.

This guy chose Moscow ID as an easier place to control and also of strategic value do to UofI.

Dude owns a printing press for homeschool kids as well as a private christian college for those kids. Would you believe it if I told you he has own church?
Your first few sentences had me questioning what he needed to control and influence.

Then you cleared it up :rofl: : impressionable kids and their parents' money

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
drivel...who determines what is the "Right Amount" of Coffee? PODs how much more CO2 from themfg process transportation of the pods? Waste< grounds can be composted so can paper filters, metal filter no waste. so much drivel

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
drivel...who determines what is the "Right Amount" of Coffee? PODs how much more CO2 from themfg process transportation of the pods? Waste< grounds can be composted so can paper filters, metal filter no waste. so much drivel

Dumping a few billion tons of plastic into the ocean is actually a good form of carbon sequestration.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
This is from the town I work in. Over the years it has turned into a cesspool of mansions and snobs.

Average house price here (not sold for price), and after a 7.7% dip, is $1.3 million.

yorkregion.com: Proposed men's shelter in Aurora sparks heated words, concern and empathy.

Perhaps there is a language barrier here, but this quote really did it for me. Tell me you're against by not telling me you're against it.
“We’re not against the shelter or the social need, but we’re really concerned about the proposed site. It’s just going to be plopped in the middle of a forest area surrounded by detached homes … It doesn’t pass the common sense test.”
Towns and cities need these places. Where it is planned on being built has construction all around it, so I'm sure it was posted in line with whatever bylaws apply here, but as no one actually lives right ON this street, it was most likely never seen. Shame on those who didn't pay more attention, if they really feel that way.

Where were they all when the developers in the adjacent lots started cutting down all the trees to build more homes that no one can afford? Eh??

I don't think there is a better spot for the place. It is on the main public transportation route that goes north a few cities and down to Toronto. And the local bus route there will also serve for direct access to the train station. Speaking of which, the place is being built right next to train tracks! Who or what would be appropriate to put there anyways?

Anyways......

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
I don't buy smart appliances.

LOSERS!!!

“The challenge is that a consumer doesn’t see the true value that manufacturers see in terms of how that data can help them in the long run. So they don’t really care for spending time to just connect it,” Henry Kim, US director of LG's smart device division ThinQ, told the Journal.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
So, I was thinking…why doesn’t Indian cuisine (or what we are familiar with) feature more noodles?
It doesn’t make any sense at all. It is featured in all cuisines around it, and stores well, and is filling.
This is what I found so far.

I posit that this could be a great avenue for new forms of ‘fusion’ cuisine.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Thai cuisine has Masaman Curry, which has Indian influences of coriander, cardamom, etc. I have always had it with rice, but why not noodles, eh?
I really want to explore Sri Lankan cuisine when/if/where I get the chance.

“ Sri Lankan cooking is unapologetically, punch-you-in-the-face, get-the-adrenaline-pumping flavored.”

Yes, please, and make it hot.

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
rideitsfoodblogmonkey.com

noodles in indian food, yes, just do it. You know it's good.
putting some tasty indian or pakistani food over pasta is freakin' delicious.

i have to think rice and potatoes stuck around as their main carb source over pasta just due to convenience. i have had some dishes at restaurants over pasta. they are huge countries with massive varieties of food. love it.

mac n cheese tikka masala is a personal favorite.

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
there was (briefly) a mexican-indian fusion place here. we only got to it once, but it was amazingly delicious.

i also want the cuban-chinese fusion food from a bit we heard on npr a couple years ago.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I regularly used to make curry with noodles instead of rice. Wife doesn't like curry so it doesn't happen very often nowadays :D

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
rideitsfoodblogmonkey.com

noodles in indian food, yes, just do it. You know it's good.
Not authentic enough...

While Indian restaurants don't have much noodles, my local grocery store's instant noodle section has as many Japanese and Chinese noodles as it does Indian noodles (going by the writing on the pack)

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river