Quantcast

The White Bike Thread

sixsixtysix

Monkey
Mar 6, 2005
Hell
Screw it, a smoking deal on some Outlaws has convinced me to continue the build...

Did you by chance get those all white outlaws at cactus? I was eyeing those....:disgust1:

I have resigned to white being an accent color, but a good one at that. Now you just need to find a pair of the rare white Race Face Evolve cranks or even rarer the white Diabolus cranks....

Bars and stem could be done with a Deity Stem, and bars, or the Azonic Strip Bars or B-52's

sixsixtysix

Monkey
Mar 6, 2005
Hell
I had the original all white Transition, but that was soooooo 2005! lol

Then the rear swing arm cracked and it became white, black and red all over...

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!

Nice Tranny! That V-One is a nice match.

I got the wheels from Slippery Pig. It took forever and they didn't even call me. I saw them hanging in the shop weeks later. WTF? White spokes and hubs were a nice surprise as I'd only seen black on the web.

I did get a white Strip Bar from Cactus and hopefully Fish still has my white e13 SRS stashed for me.

I'm leaving the cranks, stem (going with a D2) and fork black since I wouldn't want to go overboard.:biggrin:

sixsixtysix

Monkey
Mar 6, 2005
Hell

Nice Tranny! That V-One is a nice match.

I got the wheels from Slippery Pig. It took forever and they didn't even call me. I saw them hanging in the shop weeks later. WTF? White spokes and hubs were a nice surprise as I'd only seen black on the web.

I did get a white Strip Bar from Cactus and hopefully Fish still has my white e13 SRS stashed for me.

I'm leaving the cranks, stem (going with a D2) and fork black since I wouldn't want to go overboard.:biggrin:
Thanks:) Thats my new DC/McDowells XC ride, its 34lbs but thats XC to me:biggrin:

The Sunline V-one gear is really nice, I have been digging both the stem and the pedals. The stem is only 150g and the pedals are 294g each so it helped with the weight a little bit.

I know fish has a pair of those wheels hanging in the shop, and for $200 they have been calling my name. I have 2 frames I am picking up from Chad at Soul Cycles this week and think they might work nicely on one of them....

I am sure he has a few white SRS's stashed, he refuses to put them out on the floor since he doesn't want just anyone getting them.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!

The 1x1 had a rigid fork on it, but I'm too old for that action.

Just threw on a White Industries 16/20 freewheel, and took it for spin, and freakin' love it.

:bling:

Reactor

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2005
Chandler, AZ, USA

The 1x1 had a rigid fork on it, but I'm too old for that action.

Just threw on a White Industries 16/20 freewheel, and took it for spin, and freakin' love it.

:bling:
I just ordered a reba race poploc 29'er front fork...I'm way too old for a rigid off road. I like the White industries freewheel and was looking at them on line. How well do they work? Because the look great.

Still haven't gotten off road with the 9'r but I will soon. Around town it's amazingly comfortable; I need to get a smaller rear cog, because tooling around at 13 mph is just killing me.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
I just ordered a reba race poploc 29'er front fork...I'm way too old for a rigid off road. I like the White industries freewheel and was looking at them on line. How well do they work? Because the look great.

Still haven't gotten off road with the 9'r but I will soon. Around town it's amazingly comfortable; I need to get a smaller rear cog, because tooling around at 13 mph is just killing me.
The WI's are supposed to be the best out there, but with only five miles on mine, we'll see.

34/16 has been good to me for commuting through he city.

Dartman

Old Bastard Mike
Feb 26, 2003
Richmond, VA
My "new" Flow...

It's really fun to ride!! Took two years to build and it started with the fork. I was able to buy it at cost and then wondered "Now what frame to I put this on?"