Quantcast

The White-Trash Privilege and Sedition Thread.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Can I get an Amen?

LOL

now do the proud boys and watch your department disappear

like mayors can do jack shit with police departments

They're largely untouchable. By design.

There's a fascinating timeline over the last two years of Lori Lightfoot (now mayor and former cop of chicago) stating a stance, getting contradicted by the cop union, and then changing her stance publicly to 'support the police' because she knows she can't do shit.

NYPD is even more entrenched.

Remember all that super duper hella caring about reducing the size of the Minneapolis PD after everyone suddenly cared about George Floyd? And the mayor and city council categorically stated that they would be significantly defunded.......yeah....that went nowhere of any consequence. Instead we get fed a steady diet of bullshit about rising crime rates (provably false) specifically designed to neuter the entire sentiment. Nationally only murder/violent crime is seeing any sort of rise. Everything else is down. And the violent crime stat has a whole lot of other things going on behind it that aren't really applicable to defining any sort of cause/effect correlation.

Mayors rotate, cop unions persist. And everyone involved knows it.

Last edited:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Well, the murder rate here in Portland is out of hand, but at least they busted street racers on Sunday night. :rofl:

But after one dude got sued for beating a peaceful protestor, a ton of cops have either transferred or resigned from riot teams.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Well, the murder rate here in Portland is out of hand, but at least they busted street racers on Sunday night. :rofl:

But after one dude got sued for beating a peaceful protestor, a ton of cops have either transferred or resigned from riot teams.
.......but largely speaking cops don't prevent murder.

Portland was at the front of my mind when I responded for sure (and a big reason why I singled that out). But that cop that got sued just got off. Which kind of goes back to my point. Whiney little babies quitting may be an effective long term outcome but it certainly isn't coming from some administrative process. And it sure as shit ain't coming from Ted Wheeler.

Last edited:

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007
<loudspeaker crackles>

Attention please. The phase of fucking around has concluded. I repeat, the phase of fucking has now concluded. The phase of Finding Out has already begun.
Might be getting ahead of yourself there. This lady has not yet begun to Find Out™.

The lawyer also said that Bissey should not be incarcerated in a Washington, DC, jail due to multiple health issues, adding that she feared she will contract COVID-19. Bissey has not been vaccinated, he said.

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007

"The United States is teetering on the edge of violence here. We're already, I think, in a cold civil war," she says. "We've got a chance now to turn this around. But if we don't take it, we're heading down that autocratic path that we've seen in other countries."

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
You know how marco rubio constantly brings up his parents roots in commie cuba as a reason for all his freedom lovin?

Thank god he's tackling the truly important issues to that end, to make sure we don't end up an autocracy :rofl:

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Aryan Cowboys

:rofl:

I hate the framing of that article for one simple reason: the burning down of the 3rd precinct was one of the most badass responses of humanist and populist reaction in my lifetime. Aryan giddyup dork had nothing to do with that. Shit was going to change that weekend.

But yeah, also fuck that guy. Glad he finally got identified.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
As in staying the same but much harder?
last I checked that precinct still has no home

They secured a rental of another building and it got so grafittied with stuff like "we can burn this one down too" that no one will give them a lease

edit: looks like they moved into the tax assessor's office. Seems normal :rofl:

#notskeerd

3rdprecinct.JPG

Last edited:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
last I checked that precinct still has no home

They secured a rental of another building and it got so grafittied with stuff like "we can burn this one down too" that no one will give them a lease
And how has policing actually changed other than being a little less convenient?

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
And how has policing actually changed other than being a little less convenient?
Lot's of them have quit

The country got involved last year over the subject in a way never before seen.....

No, the unicorn hasn't landed but I'm still not going to pretend that last year wasn't different. It was. For all the faux news army harping on about portland, shit really did get violent and burned down in Minneapolis. And a cop got put away. That's different. In a way that hasn't been seen since the rodney king inspired reallocation of resources.

Just because the sky is still blue doesn't mean some progress wasn't made.

That one aryan cowboy shitbag didn't do it either. Some of that was going to happen whether he exists or not, so I don't really like pawning off bUt wInDoWs on his actions. That town was pissed. It should be recognized. But I don't see the burning down of a house of racist, violent assholes funded by taxpayers as a tragedy....

Last edited: