Quantcast

The White-Trash Privilege and Sedition Thread.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK

Fellows also called a probation officer's mother and put a judge's wife's number down as his own when a court clerk attempted to contact him about allegations that he was harassing a former girlfriend.
Gotta admit, that part was a clever move.

Representing yourself in court, not so clever.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
same scam different wrapper
But gold has real value because it

• is the only shiny material available
  • is the only material we can work with with our simple tools
  • the only metal we can melt with our low temperature fires
  • the only material we have that doesn't rot or rust
  • is a good surface treatment for electrical connectors.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
But gold has real value because it

• is the only shiny material available
  • is the only material we can work with with our simple tools
  • the only metal we can melt with our low temperature fires
  • the only material we have that doesn't rot or rust
  • is a good surface treatment for electrical connectors.
Hmm...you should tell Fox about this.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river

Inclag

Turbo Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
MA
Hmm...you should tell Fox about this.

Looks like somebody cheaped out and didn't pay for the MillMax pogo pins. There are a bunch of equivalents out there, but when you get in the weeds you'll find that the MillMax pins have much thicker gold plating and even gold plate the embedded beryllium copper springs. All the other stuff is junk and is at risk of active pore corrosion in a more stressful environment and use junk springs which aren't gold plated. I worked on a project some time ago and we spec'd MillMax pins. The manufacturing ended up being outsourced and an equivalent replacement was used and a number of issues arose. Thankfully, this was with pilot units so we were brought in to the problem which was pretty self evident when reviewing the details of the component specs. Just because something is the same shape doesn't mean equivalence....

...It was funny watching the bean counters weep that they'd have to pay ~$1.50 more a unit for a monthly 50k MOQ.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Just because something is the same shape doesn't mean equivalence....

...It was funny watching the bean counters weep that they'd have to pay ~$1.50 more a unit for a monthly 50k MOQ.
Yep, I watched that Demi Moore movie on a plane a month ago.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Is this a big deal? Caus from where I'm sat, it doesn't feel like it. Though I could be wrong.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Is this a big deal? Caus from where I'm sat, it doesn't feel like it. Though I could be wrong.
No, your take is correct. It's nothing That's just one of maybe 200 in kansas that has some sort of eyballs attached to a moral compass.

Ya'll gots to quit taking opinion pieces as news. It's part of why nothing ever changes here just fyi... In the 80s and 90s both, under different (like the other of two) party rule, each bullshitter proclaimed themself the 'law and order party'. Doesn't mean shit other than making the petty bougios feel okay ignoring real issues, not doing shit but just going back to the mall for happiness.

Without even looking, I'll bet you both nuts this equivalent piece was written many times in the 80s and 90s. Stating the obvious is not game changing.

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
^ came here to post that.

for anyone that follows seth abramson, his investigative work is starting to get referenced by major media outlets, such as washington post.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Life in prison for all of them

follow up:

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
seth abramson is an idiot

Schroeder earlier had ruled the three men cannot be referred to as “victims” during the trial because it would be prejudicial to Rittenhouse. Such rulings are not uncommon in self-defense cases where there is a dispute over who bears responsibility.

In allowing the defense to describe the people Rittenhouse shot in pejorative terms, the judge stressed that he had not changed his mind about calling them victims.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
seth abramson is an idiot

Schroeder earlier had ruled the three men cannot be referred to as “victims” during the trial because it would be prejudicial to Rittenhouse. Such rulings are not uncommon in self-defense cases where there is a dispute over who bears responsibility.

In allowing the defense to describe the people Rittenhouse shot in pejorative terms, the judge stressed that he had not changed his mind about calling them victims.
he's also a lawyer and probably knows more about these kinds of procedural things than the two of us combined.

that's not saying it isn't fucked up, but the knee jerk reaction to the headline may not be warranted.

here's the source article from the chicago trib for reference:

also, i don't always agree with SA, but one reason i still loosely follow his feed is that he posts his sources. (in this case, the CT link above)

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
he's also a lawyer and probably knows more about these kinds of procedural things than the two of us combined.

that's not saying it isn't fucked up, but the knee jerk reaction to the headline may not be warranted.

here's the source article from the chicago trib for reference:

also, i don't always agree with SA, but one reason i still loosely follow his feed is that he posts his sources. (in this case, the CT link above)

that quote in my post is from that article

Abramson is a podcast/substack grifter attention whore. I'm not basing that on just this post. He's professional aKsHuAlLy guy.

His point that this context depends solely on a procedural misrepresentation is bullshit. The judge DID say those things and he DID prevent prevent the prosecution from using the term victim.

Louie Gomhert is also a former lawyer, and also an idiot.