Quantcast

The "Who the Hell Are You?" Thread

Broken_Spoke

Mr. Big Hot Pastrami
Feb 26, 2003
Bozeman, MT
I'm Drew. I was born in Hutchinson, KS but I now live in Bozeman, MT.

I ride a 2003 Azonic DS-1 and a 2005 Mountain Cycle Sin.

I work nights at a local grocery store.

I am 22 and I am 6'1".

When I was in high school I had the largest class ring coming in at size 15 and a half.

I am interested in the paranormal and have experienced two entities.

I am not married, don't have any children, and am not in a relationship, but I would love to have my own family eventually.

I was in 4H and FFA when I was growing up.

Once when I was dirt jumping I landed on my head and my neck has never been the same again.

I like dirty martinis (gin or vodka doesn't matter to me as long as it is of good quality).

offsprung

Monkey
Aug 5, 2007
Rochester
i'm andy. i was born in dover, nh and currently reside in rochester, nh

i am 26

i am seperated and a father of 2

i am a navy and oif veteran, while in the navy i was a damage controllman, aka firefighter and firefighting instructor.

i am currently in the biopharmaceutical industry(i make drugs)

i ride an '06 ironhorse 7point7, and i'm getting a p.2 chromo in a couple months

i was what they were looking for when they strip searched a man in austria...

mudgirl

Molester of monkeys
Jun 8, 2007
Tied up in the basement
Mudgirl here, aka Brenda, IRL.

I was born & raised & still live in Ithaca, NY. Took a 2 year hiatus in Durham, NC a few years ago.

I am 32, but I still can't get over the fact that I'm not 21 anymore.

I am a single mother of an almost-8 year old boy.

I am going to get myself an acoustic guitar for Christmas, and relearn how to play it. I used to play one in high school, only it was an electric guitar, b/c I wanted to be a rock star. :rockout:

I love all sorts of music with the exception of hip hop, rap and most post-70's country music. Love to go see bands play live.

I ride a Specialized Rockhopper through the woods, and a Trek Pilot on the roads. I am learning how to cross country ski this winter.

My great grandfather came to the States during WWII under an assumed name b/c the Nazis were trying to recruit him b/c he spoke 6 different languages (or so the story goes).

The only foreign country I've been to is Canada, and I'm not sure that counts.

I wear contacts, but they're clear, and my eyes really are that blue.

I have never broken a bone in my body.

I have moved 10 times in the last 10 years. I can pack an entire house in 2 days and unpack in 1.

You can find out more at http://www.myspace.com/starrysapphire

MountainDrew

Monkey
Aug 15, 2007
I'm MountainDrew, aka Drew.

I was born in Allentown, PA. Moved to New Hampshire for 6 years after high school, and then came back to PA and have been here ever since

I am 29, will be 30 next week. Will also be in Amsterdam next week.

I have been married for about a year and a half. No kids, no pets.

My Bike list includes a Giant Anthem, Santa Cruz Bullit, Santa Cruz Jackal, Bianchi Eros, and a GT Avalanche Single Speed.

I would have to say I am a better carpenter, electrician, and plumber that most certified ones, and I have my father to thank for that.

I like beer, and failed road trip can be made better over a sampling of beer. Just ask X3.

I first understood why people hate Americans, when in Poland, I saw one yelling at someone to speak English.

I can speak English, Spanish, French, German, Czech, and Russian.

I drank around the world.......at Disney

Stray_cat

Monkey
Nov 13, 2007
Providence
I'm Tom,

I actually had to check my drivers license to see how old I was, it says I'm 24.

I live in the strange/fun city of Providence, RI.

I design bike stuff (fancy way of saying I'm an impoverished engineer). Though this past month I've been doing freelance work for a kayak company.

I went to school at Northeastern in Boston. Got a ME degree, and a bunch of strange/fun(like the city of providence) english/writing classes under my belt.

My main ride is Sinister Splinter MX, but the rest of the stable is as follows: Nemesis Project Street Fighter, Ibis Alibi, Sinister DNA, and some pink fixie.

I don't dig on meat. Aka vegitarian. I read way too much, and heat my home with wood.

When not riding my bike I'm drinking cheap wine, writing, climbing, or playing the ol' sax.

I like long walks on the beach...oh wait this isn't one of 'those' websites *sigh*

Peace

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Answer the question asshole.
hahaha

steve

old

bikes, yes, but not that much.

skateboards, yes, but about as much as bikes.

photography, still giving it a bad name.

music, yes, concerts only when I have had a nap.

reading, yes. now mostly pulp/crime mystery.

cars/motorcycles, yes. pre 1970's for american cars. pre 67 for vw's.

dogs, yes.

boobs, yes. in all different sizes.

whiskey, good.

fluff

Monkey Turbo
Sep 8, 2001
Feeling the lag
Name's Paul
I am 42
Been riding bikes (real ones) for 17 years, raced XC & DH but now only ride occasionally due to kids n stuff
I am the second Earl of Manchester (ish)
I live in the UK.

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
hahaha

steve

old

whiskey, good.
So vague, although you did clear up an age issue. For a second I thought you were in High School but I can't remember why. I guess you will remain an enigma.

My turn.

Laura
Scorpio

Married to TN who never posts anymore, because he's got a job that he likes so he doesn't surf the internets.

I have my Master's in Anthropology, and no that doesn't have anything to do with bugs.

I used to ride XC like crazy. I raced DH for a season and even got some trophies. Now I ride road on my pink VooDoo CX.

I have three trillion hobbies that I am half good at: sewing, knitting, photography, jewelry making, drumming, running, cooking (actually, this is the one that I am really good at), drawing, anything crafty I am especially fond of anything that involves glue and shiny things, hiking, camping.

I just moved to Milwaukee from Memphis. I am hoping to add some winter sports to repertoire.

No kids yet, but I have a dog that I love, and two cats that I am less than fond of.

I like to shovel snow

Whiskey, THE BEST.

loco-gringo

Crusading Clamp Monkey
Sep 27, 2006
Deep in the heart of TEXAS
I don't know if I ever did this, but if I have, here's round 2.

I'm John and I'm 36. I manage a bike shop. I have a 2 year old named Caroline. I have been married for 8 years. My wife's name is Julie.

I like bikes. A lot. I used to skate. A lot. I can't now. I do have a brand new Zorlac Craig Johnson deck that was given to me last month.

Most of all. I rock.

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
I don't know if I ever did this, but if I have, here's round 2.

I'm John and I'm 36. I manage a bike shop. I have a 2 year old named Caroline. I have been married for 8 years. My wife's name is Julie.

I like bikes. A lot. I used to skate. A lot. I can't now. I do have a brand new Zorlac Craig Johnson deck that was given to me last month.

Most of all. I rock.
You have done this, I jsut read the whole thread. Except last time you did it, caroline was only 10 months old. Awwww. PS I love that name.

Spero

ass rainbow
Jul 12, 2005
Tejas
I have three trillion hobbies that I am half good at: sewing, knitting, photography, jewelry making, drumming, running, cooking (actually, this is the one that I am really good at), drawing, anything crafty I am especially fond of anything that involves glue and shiny things, hiking, camping.
I'm the same way with hobbies. I've picked up a million hobbies, spent enough time with them to be decent, and lost interest...though I pick them back up occasionally.

zahgurim

Underwater monkey
Mar 9, 2005
lolAsia
I'm Mike.

29, but usually act 17. Am from BC, but am currently based in Seoul.

I like dark beer.
And scuba diving.
And bikeys.
And farting on crowded subways full of asian people.

And going to countries I haven't been to before.

To drink beer, scuba dive, ride bikes, and fart on subways.

I like Eurobike more than Interbike.
I ride all sorts of bikeys, but race DH. Sometimes I get medals, but usually I land on my head.

My next new bike will be my own prototype. Maybe I'll get a company going upon return to BC.
Maybe I'll just have my own bikes to ride...

J-Dubs

Monkey
Jul 10, 2006
Salem, MA
Justin W (hence the dubs, it's not what I roll on)
28 years young.
Live in Salem, MA. Been around the country a bit though.
Work for the US EPA Emergency and Counter Terrorism Planning and Response Branch as the Equipment Manager for New England. It pays for bikes and rent so I like it.
My first mtn bike was a Huffy Stalker.
Current bike is a Monocog Flight, fixed gear with a 29" ft wheel. (I've got a freewheel too for longer group rides. I'm not that hard core.)
I drink beers and aged brown liquors.
Single, but I have a sweet little chiquita by my side.
I used to skateboard, fruitboot, bmx and do drugs. Those things are gone now, and I'm better for it.

G-Cracker

Monkey
May 2, 2002
Tucson, beatch!
I'm Graeme. Member since May of 2002, though I don't post a lot.

34 years old. Born and raised in Flagstaff, Arizona and left for Tucson to finish up college. Met girl, followed girl to Kansas City, married girl, lived in KC 8 years, moved back to Tucson, divorced girl after she cheated. Worst pain and betrayal I ever felt.

I'm a graphic designer and have been for 11-years. I currently work for an ad agency, dabbling in freelance when it drops in my lap.

Other than riding as a kid, I started riding bikes in KC in 1998. Had two mtn bikes stolen in KC. Currently own a 03 KHS Comp ST converted to single-speed, a Raleigh RAM3 full-squishy, and a Fuji Roubaix road bike. I've become a better rider since I started single-speeding.

Just bought a house with my awesome girlfriend who is a total hottie, amazing, and 9-years younger than I am. ;) She is getting into mtn biking and has a 2002 Cannondale Jekyll, and she loves it.

We have two Chihuahuas. 10-lbs and 7-lbs... not those ugly "teacup" runts. They like the taste of human ankle-flesh.

I have a 1965 Mustang that my grandfather purchased new in 1964. It's in nearly perfect condition and I drive it to car shows and weekend outings, only.

I can eat a bag of Doritos or Cheetos in one sitting. I like beer and wine. I don't smoke.

Niq1

Chimp
Jul 12, 2006
Here goes.
I'm Nick
I'll be 27 in a couple weeks.
I finally married my highschool sweetheart this last year.
She is much smarterer than me, and is a BioChemist who quit her PhD program because she hates academia.
I moved to Portland OR last month from Tucson AZ and got a job yesterday, so now she can quit and join me here. :cupidarrow:
I now manage a bike shop (again)
I used to do the same in Santa Barbara, where Punkassean turned me on to the Monkey.
I regret not choosing a better RM name.
Mostly I lurk.
I have two mutts, and I can't wait to see them after a month apart.
I have two chickens about which I am indifferent. (except for the eggs)
The stable consists of an '06 CoilAir, a P2 with rapidly failing parts, a Redline Conquest team with Rival, and a Red Free Spirit mixte 3spd that was here when I moved in.
I think I'm going to try and seriously race DH again in '08.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Another Frikkin Mike
Married to an awesome wife.
I don't ride as much as I want to... the inspiration fluctuates.
I learned to ride a two wheeler without training wheels at 4 yeas old, and I have been in love with bicycles ever since.
I love most all types of music but two kinds really get me going... 80's punk rock, and slow melodic music sung by females.
I love Guinness
I smoke pot, not as much as I used to but I still do.
I do medieval re-creation, and have become a fairly decent sword fighter.
I can make shoes and boots
I hope to someday live in Northern California and Ireland (Though not at the same time)
I believe in God, and Jesus Christ
I consider myself a recovering Catholic
I love rainy days, I hate sunny days over 80 degrees.
I can play Irish whistle, guitar, and a little drums (I am no H8R!). I suck at all of them except the whistle
I like reading a lot. I can read pretty fast and actually (despite what my posts here may declare) have a decent vocabulary and command of the english language.
My mom and dad divorced when I was 5. It sucked.
When I was a kid I would re-read over and over The Chronicals of Narnia, and daydream that I was there.
I love having friends.
I work for Kaiser Permanente, and I like it. (Thrive, baby!)
I am learning to play golf so I can hang out with my dad.
I can grill up a pretty mean steak.
Born and raised in Southern California. No I don't surf.
I love the ocean. (Despite the fact that I don't surf, and no I am not charlie)
Publicly I despise hollywood and all their stupid movies and crap like that. Secretly I wish I could act. I would love to be on stage in the theatre or in a movie.
If I ever have a kid I am going to name him Milo. If it's a girl I want to name her Trixibelle. Sadly my wife found out and thrreatened me with much pain if I ever did that. So now her name will be Molly.
We plan on having one kid. Secretly I hope we have 4 with one set of twins.

I have never been a big fan of making lists that describe myself. How the hell do I package up 36 years of living in one intarweb post? No matter how thorough I am the list will still be incomplete.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
I have never been a big fan of making lists that describe myself. How the hell do I package up 36 years of living in one intarweb post? No matter how thorough I am the list will still be incomplete.
The point was to generally give people an idea of who you are. Details that usually don't come out in day to day posting.

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
Real name is Chuck..and I hate that name
Born in Georgia, lived in Texas, now reside in Allentown, Pa but work in Patuxent River, Md. (Land of Konabumm)
joined Army in 1980, joined Navy in 1984, retired from Navy in 2007.
Have a very patient best friend for a wife and a 12 year old son who thinks I'm cool.
Jumped a Huffy Stingray over my little brother sitting in a Big Wheel when I was 8 and have hooked ever since.
I ride an Iron Horse Warrior and recently strated DH on a Haro X3 at the young age of 43.
I hate bike snobs.
I know most Seinfeld espisodes by heart.

My hero is my wife. She raised a son and maintained a house and life while I was off playing Navy Flight Engineer seeing the world.

SilentJ

trail builder
Jun 17, 2002
Calgary AB
I'm J. My friends, co-workers, and Mom all call me J.
Married for 5 months tomorrow.

In person, I'm generally pretty quiet unless you've convinced me that you're not a douche.

I get teh oils for your cars and the methanes to heat your homes.

This year I've built trails for more days than I've ridden bikes.

When I do ride bikes it's on a SC Heckler, CB F1, or Dob Pinscher.

Photography is a hobby of mine, but I wouldn't call myself a photographer. My favorite camera is made of cardboard and doesnt have a lens. My second favorite camera is made entirely out of plastic and leaks light like a sieve.

One time I kicked a guy in the face with a skate.

a-swill

Chimp
Mar 19, 2007
san diego
Im alex im 15
i live in cali
i make music beats(like rap beats)
i had to write an essay was on probation and had to community service for throwing water baloons at cars
i love to piss people off
Ted rules

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
My real name is Jack and I'm pushing 40.

I've been a metalsmith/jewelry designer for the past 17 years.

I make a lot of wedding bands for all types of couples, happy, reluctant, expectant, incompatible, and sticky sweet. I don't discriminate. PM me if you want a link to my website.

I also teach metalsmithing and advanced jewelry fabrication.

I recently moved from the mtb. mecca of Asheville, NC back to Winston-Salem, NC, the smoking capital of the planet.

I ride DH and XC and have raced both.

I currently ride a Specialized SX-Trail and an old Kona hardtail.

I recently dated a very cool woman with a twisted sense of humor. But like many of my DH race runs it ended abruptly, without warning, and left me a little scraped up.

I love to cook and often think about being a chef.

The strangest job I've had was working as a bouncer. That's a thread in it's self.

I exclusively date crazy women.

I have never been strip searched, but would like to search a stripper.

VolcanicOne

Chimp
Dec 1, 2007
I'm VolcanicOne.
I just started posting.
I'm 6'2" 195 lbs, 32 years old and have been married to my high school sweet heart for 10 years.
I am a bike cop and bike mechanic.
I have several mtn bikes, but ride a Kona Coiler most of the time.
I work in a resort area.
Our unofficial motto is "Come on vacation, leave on probation."
I have two small children.
I like to drink Guinness and Irish Carbombs.
I played college lacrosse.
My brother works with the husband of that lady who makes that badass bike jewelry who's name I can't remember.
My wife kicks ass because she bought me my Kona and more recently, a Playstation 3.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Mods:

I really like this thread. It is actually meant to be a friendly thing and a way for people to get to know each other around here.

Please clean up the idiot posts or I will just have to delete the whole thing.

Thanks.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Eric

51 Married 8 years, no kids but I have two dogs
FireFighter EMT, I scrape cars and people off the highway
Live in the mountains, trail ride, trail run, road ride,

I have a simple outlook on life that was imparted to me at the age of 18 by a 50yr old guy doing a 50 mile trail run on his 50th birthday.

he said..."at some point we all end up sitting on a deck with an old beat up body. Don't be the guy sitting there saying man I wish I had done [insert activity] was I was still able to.. be the old guy saying hell remember when we did......

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Mods:

I really like this thread. It is actually meant to be a friendly thing and a way for people to get to know each other around here.

Please clean up the idiot posts or I will just have to delete the whole thing.

Thanks.

This is indeed a great thread. Thanks H8R!

My troll food has been deleted.

More about me:

I feed trolls too often. It all started with N 8....

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
-I'm Mike.
-I've been around here for a year or two (can't remember which one).
-The name Prettym1k3 stems from when I had a 1985 Corolla GT-S (AE86 to those who know). My friends and I all made up the most Japanese drifter-names we could think of. This name stuck.
-I also go by the name "Bukkake", as my last name, Buchanan, apparently somehow resembles the word "bukkake".
-I was a Sales manager at Performance Bike, and now I just work the counter. I'm also a paralegal/legal admin. by day.
-I have a BS in Management, and hate business.
-I have a wonderful fiance' who will be my wife on June 22nd, 2008.
-I've only ever ridden Iron Horse bikes, and I have two right now.
-I'm a Christian, and a real one... or at least I try to be. I still fail at this goal on a daily basis. Despite that, a lot of my friends and family treat me like a moral compass. It's annoying.
-I'm 25 and have never had a drink in my life, nor done any drugs. I've smoked one cigar when my brother got engaged. That's it.
-I think vegans are retarded for arguing their point that "vegan is the only way to be." I think this stems from the extreme-leftists blindly following each other (in the dark) who live in Santa Cruz.
-My dad's a cop, my mom's a court reporter, my uncle and aunt are attorneys, my other uncle was a cop, my other aunt was a corrections officer, my cousin is a cop. I'm doomed to work in this field, but I get out of speeding tickets sometimes.
-I have tattoos.
-My brother has more tattoos.
-I wrap Christmas gifts in toilet paper or duct-tape (usually).
-I have more knee problems then any 25 year old should ever have.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
-I'm Mike.
-I've been around here for a year or two (can't remember which one).
-The name Prettym1k3 stems from when I had a 1985 Corolla GT-S (AE86 to those who know). My friends and I all made up the most Japanese drifter-names we could think of. This name stuck.
-I also go by the name "Bukkake", as my last name, Buchanan, apparently somehow resembles the word "bukkake".-I have more knee problems then any 25 year old should ever have.
Pretty Mike Bukkake with the knee problems.... :twitch: Ummm... I don't think I want to hang out with you.

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
I don't need to say more than that. Unless you'd like to bring stinky feet girl in on this?

That would make a good title for you: "Stinky Feet Girl". :p
The fact that my name has the word "pretty" in it already leads people to think that I'm a girl on here. Haha... if I put that, it'll confirm things.

If my fiance' ever finds me posting on these forums, she'll think I'm leading a double life as a woman. Haha...