Quantcast

the Wings thread

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Marinate in Speedie marinade. 24 hours. Grill them up using JonKrankeds method on a gas grill.
Ok thanks....

Was up in Binghamton this weekend for less than 24hrs. Did not get to any Spiedie joints.... :(
I do like the state fair spiedie marinade though.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
My friend Jamie is convinced he makes the best wings. He is from Atlanta. He is a Lawyer. He makes a good case. His Lemon Pepper strip club wings are good. But not finish the whole basket kind of good.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Just took the wings out of the pack. Salt Pepper, and Onion Powder. Air Fryer. No marinade. No Sauce. No fucking around. They were done as soon as we got home from the Park. She steamed the rice with Beer and Bone Broth in this Bambo contraption. I have never had such good rice. To qualify after a few glasses of wine I may have missed a few steps on the rice. No leftovers however.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
ok these turned out fantastic.
started with bulk wings ($2.25 a pound!) cut them and left skin on, tossed them in a bag with baking powder, salt and pepper.
preheated over to 425*
Wings then get coated lightly with Weaver's Spicy Chicken Dust and VERY lightly with my cousin's dried hab shake
I made a sauce with Ray's bbq and homemade mango/ghost pepper sauce I get from a guy.
20 min in oven dry, then lightly brushed with sauce, flip, brush and another 20 minutes.

wings.jpg

My cousin's dried pepper shake is the stuff of legend. 90% of his and my brother's gardens are peppers. They're freaks. Anyway that shake is the best. True story. Wings crisp up very nicely due to the baking power and the flavor/heat was great.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
ok these turned out fantastic.
started with bulk wings ($2.25 a pound!) cut them and left skin on, tossed them in a bag with baking powder, salt and pepper.
preheated over to 425*
Wings then get coated lightly with Weaver's Spicy Chicken Dust and VERY lightly with my cousin's dried hab shake
I made a sauce with Ray's bbq and homemade mango/ghost pepper sauce I get from a guy.
20 min in oven dry, then lightly brushed with sauce, flip, brush and another 20 minutes.

View attachment 143615
My cousin's dried pepper shake is the stuff of legend. 90% of his and my brother's gardens are peppers. They're freaks. Anyway that shake is the best. True story. Wings crisp up very nicely due to the baking power and the flavor/heat was great.
Rice Flour works well also.

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
What air fryers do you guys use?

...and I remember my mom talking about the butcher giving away bags of chicken wings before they became a thing. The way it is going, I can't afford wings anymore. I have been playing with thighs on ze bbq lately.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
i dunno what you guys are on about tossing with baking powder and such, i find that to be completely unnecessary.
I bake my wings, not air fry like some of you guys. Baking powder really does make a difference in how crispy they turn out.

6:28 PM edit: gots an oven full of wings going right now. Crave, addressed.

Last edited: