Quantcast

the Wings thread

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
My wings go on the grill bare-ass naked. When done I toss in half Sriracha and half Franks Red Hot with a big slab o blue cheese melted in. Nirvana.
My Brother takes the raw wings and bathes them in melted butter and season salt. Grills them on the Weber. Flaming mess I tell you. Finishes them in franks and butter. The kids loved them. No left overs. They make fun of me for liking the flats better...

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
His secret is Rice Flour. I just found that out. Canola Oil. 350 12 minutes twice.
@jonKranked @jdcamb
Dry rub mix ideas? I like med/hot-hot.
I have a big bag of wings I want to grill this weekend.
Coat in Rice Flour and Season salt and before you grill them coat in Melted butter. I am pretty sure my brother puts something else in the mix. But he wouldn't tell me. You really have to attend to them however. As the butter can flame up easily. As they finish dip them in Franks and Butter. You will have to clean your grill before the next use as it makes a huge mess...

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
His secret is Rice Flour. I just found that out. Canola Oil. 350 12 minutes twice.

Coat in Rice Flour and Season salt and before you grill them coat in Melted butter. I am pretty sure my brother puts something else in the mix. But he wouldn't tell me. You really have to attend to them however. As the butter can flame up easily. As they finish dip them in Franks and Butter. You will have to clean your grill before the next use as it makes a huge mess...
thanks buddy.
to clarify, you're describing frying, not grilling. right?
this batch is definitely going on the grill.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
My Friend Oishi made us her version of wings. She has this elaborate prep process. She and her Mom make like spiral slices on both the flats and drums. Coats them in rice flour, black soy, rice wine, and sesame oil. Then adds this crazy hot chili paste with ginger and garlic slices. Then she roasts them in a Egg like grill. They cook in 3\4 minutes. Virtually no smoke comes out of the grill. Even when the wings were on. I was a little freaked out when she finished them in the raw meat Marinade. They were delicious however.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
DON’T GO, Jim.
It was lame. Strip Club caliber wings. My friends Lemon Pepper Wings won. Facility was not adequate. I had 2 Stellas. Went Home after the Bills fans got drunk. I moved the Grill away from the Vinyl sided Garage when I left. I walked home.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
got the fancy wood fired wings from the local italian bakery. hot damn are they good. just herbs and seasoning for cooking, and come with their house BBQ sauce for dipping (which is also fantastic).

1606767555203.png