Quantcast

The winner of this years Secret Santa box decorating contest is......

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
SUNNY

Here are photos the gift box that she sent to DH Diva. (see below)

She will be receiving a small gift in the mail for her brilliant work!!

Everybody who decorated this year did an awesome job. This will be the first year we have had to ban someone due to their failure to follow thru with a gift. Aside from that I would like to thank everybody who participated for doing an awesome job. I know it's not always the first thing on your list of things that need to get done before the holidays but you all did an excellent job. I'm always amazed at how you guys pull together. For all the joking that goes on here you guys are a really great group of people. I know some of you got paired with people who you didn't get along with and it means a lot that you went above and beyond to get them their gifts. Every year I hope this event helps to foster a feeling of community here on RM and every year I'm more suprised at how amazing you all are. You all should be very proud of yourselves this isn't an easy thing to do on an internet community.

Thanks again for the creativity you have all shown, your honesty and your eagerness to make this a sucessful event.

Stosh Z.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
MancilG said:
Stosh, thank you for all your hard work in making this happen. It's nice to have such a close group of "friends" on the Internet!

Thanks again! You Da Man
Word! Thanks Stosh!! :thumb:

And AMAZING job Sunny!!! :thumb: :thumb:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Echo said:
Holy crap! Sunny that is amazing!

Thanks again stosh :)
I debated putting all of the decorating up to a vote however I knew this would be the winner and it would take me a long time to located all the photos in the 10million threads about the S.S. gifts.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
yeah, that is impressive sunny. yr chinese writing (guessing it's chinese) is 100x neater than my english.

stosh, thanks again for organizing this. well done.

J

JRB

Fantastic stuff, Sunny. I may even stop using "THE" word for you, that is so good. Thanks to everyone for making it such a great event. It's weird having friends you don't know, but you all rock in a huge way. :thumb:

DH Diva

Wonderwoman
Jun 12, 2002
It was shipped inside another box so that's how it survived. And she got me a killer Wonder Woman (my custom title:) ) coffee mug, some great socks and a tasty big sur bar!

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
loco said:
It's weird having friends you don't know, but you all rock in a huge way. :thumb:
That's a really good way to put it.

Huge thanks to Stosh for putting it together and running it. Congrats to Sunny for an awsome box! I had a blast and can't wait to do it again next year.

Merry Christmas Monkeys, may next year be even more fun than this year! You guys rock!

sunny

Grammar Civil Patrol
Jul 2, 2004
Sandy Eggo, CA
Wow. Thanks for the honor! :)

I had such a great time decorating DH Diva's box and playing in the water colors! I'm glad you like it.
Hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas.

Well, I'm off to NJ to see the out-laws for the New Year. Any monkeys planning to do the Central Park Midnight Run this year?? Let me know what color tutu you're wearing. Maybe I'll see you there!

-sunny

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
sunny said:
Wow. Thanks for the honor! :)

I had such a great time decorating DH Diva's box and playing in the water colors! I'm glad you like it.
Hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas.

Well, I'm off to NJ to see the out-laws for the New Year. Any monkeys planning to do the Central Park Midnight Run this year?? Let me know what color tutu you're wearing. Maybe I'll see you there!

-sunny
I should have your prize out to you this weekend. Thanks for the hard work!!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I just wanted to bump this up to the top for the awesome job Sunny did.
Her gift will be in the mail early next week.

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
Sunny is definantly one of the Coolest :monkey:'s on here. Anyone who will take a few hours out of their day to help someone they don't know pass a class is OK in my book! especially if they can decorate a box like that!

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Cool, I didn't see this thread before. That's some awesome work there - can't believe you looked up (or knew? :think: ) the arabic, chinese, and cyrillic alphabet transalations - I have a hard enough time writing in plain English!

Congrats, the award is well deserved :thumb:. That first image of the downhill rider is just spectacular.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
binary visions said:
Cool, I didn't see this thread before. That's some awesome work there - can't believe you looked up (or knew? :think: ) the arabic, chinese, and cyrillic alphabet transalations - I have a hard enough time writing in plain English!

Congrats, the award is well deserved :thumb:. That first image of the downhill rider is just spectacular.
Yeah I was wondering if she looked i up too. Thing is it's written so well it looks like she's been writing in each language her whole life.