Quantcast

The Wire on HBO

ibismojo

Monkey
Nov 6, 2001
San Diego
the only cop drama to watch. homicide, nypd blue, law and order, those are all so weak compared to The Wire. i doubt many people have the attention span or patience to even follow the show.

ibismojo

Monkey
Nov 6, 2001
San Diego
SkaredShtles said:
This is a really funny thing to say about a TV program........... :D

-S.S.-
i didn't like it at first, but one night, pretty late, when there wasn't anything on, and hbo decided that they would play 4 episodes of the wire in a row, i sat and watched all 4, then after the 4th one, i went to my computer and downloaded the entire 1st season.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
ibismojo said:
i didn't like it at first, but one night, pretty late, when there wasn't anything on, and hbo decided that they would play 4 episodes of the wire in a row, i sat and watched all 4, then after the 4th one, i went to my computer and downloaded the entire 1st season.
This is further evidence that TV is visual/mental crack. ;)

-S.S.-

jmvar

Monkey
Aug 16, 2002
"It was a funny angle!"
There is something that intrigues me about the underground especially when it is about a place that I am familiar with such as Baltimore. For anyone who hasn't been to Baltimore or hasn't gone past Fell's Point, there is a huge Heroin epidemic. I have only seen parts of about 3 episodes but the show is great. I think I am drawn to it for the same reasons I was drawn to the Sopranos, it goes deeper into the lives of each character and beyond what other cop/crime/mafia shows usually go into....

Too bad I don't have cable now and I don't plan on getting it any time soon...

ibismojo

Monkey
Nov 6, 2001
San Diego
yes, it's gonna be another great 3 months. FCC should ban all tv stations except HBO and Showtime, and Comedy Central. The premiere OWNED.

ibismojo

Monkey
Nov 6, 2001
San Diego
Dog Welder said:
the Shield is the number one cop show on TV hands down
hahaha, haha.........haha, don't think so. network television can't touch "true" cable programming, well maybe south park can.