Quantcast

The wonderful more than you can believe

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA
Just picked up one of these in 21.25

building it with Atomlab Pimplite wheels(with ti bolts and casette body0, Atomlab Bar/Stem,

In black, turning an XTR DH 42 ring on a profile spider (42/16 because I like my gears light)

Only one of those

Avid FR5 lever and Xtr brake
Thomson/shadow slim

My first 20" since the age of 7. I've been wanting to race 20" for a few seasons now, so here it goes! I wish the indoor track around here was open, but i may have to head down to some of the Ct tracks to get some laps in real soon....

don

Turbo Monkey
Nov 8, 2001
Rumson, NJ
Looks good Mickey! Those FBM guys make some good stuff - that SS logo is awesome.

It might be a bit hard to concentrate on the gate w/ that thing - I'd be cracking up thinking things like:
"Y'know who's gonna be there?
Uh, Who?
My favorite cover band, Crystal Sh!t
Oh."

Did you ever see the indoor track at Northampton's Fair Grounds? That place was IT during the mid 80's. It was like a mini-National every weekend as dudes from NY, CT, RI, and of course MA came there.

Piture for 80's rock and 413 indoor racing:

Natch #1 Mike Crehan making a guest apperance to slay the 15X class.

don

Turbo Monkey
Nov 8, 2001
Rumson, NJ
Haha, yeah it does look trophy style. Never thought of that even tho I've seen that pic many times. Crehan was an animal and had a burly elbows up style. The dude was soo friggen fast and a lot of time would coast the last straight because he had such a lead. He's actually pedaling in the air in that pic. I had video of it someplace and it was pretty sick.

Also in that pic, the set he is jumping was tech for the day because it was the last two rollers of 3. You had to speed jump the first roller really smooth and with a lot of speed to clear the next 2. Not that many people could do it. I know it took me a while to get it dialed.

Another pic of it that shows the first roller a little better:
http://www.defconfour.com/images/pics/OldSchool/race_don_various_northampton.jpg

Sorry for the thread derail - old Western MA BMX racing gets me fired up!

ctrailfreak

Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Independence,Mo
Holy huge # plates! All these new ones are junk! Back in the day those plates were thick. What ever happend to the good ol velcro straps that came on em either?

My kids and I all race local here in Mo. I bet in 2 seasens I have gone thru 8 of these flimsy plates.